Nicest/Favorite Park

briguy27

what is your favorite park that u have been to? and what is the nicest in the whole league? my favorite that i went to is either PNC or edison (which is now angel stadium). the nicest in the league IMO is pnc

I would have to agree with the nicest being PNC, its got such a great feel and beautifully situated by the rivers and just outside of downtown Pittsburgh. Just a great park, but my favorite would have to be Fenway. The game I saw there was on Sunday and just around the ball park, it was a carneval atmosphere, the ambience was amazing. And then the park itself with all its history and the Green Monster, to me, makes it the best.

PNC or Camden. Both parks are great, it's tough to choose. Walking around outside of Camden (near the warehouse) is great, and PNC is just fantastic. If I had to, I'd probably give the edge to PNC, just because of the view it offers of downtown Pittsburgh and the rivers.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jun 10, 2007 -> 12:10 PM)
PNC or Camden. Both parks are great, it's tough to choose. Walking around outside of Camden (near the warehouse) is great, and PNC is just fantastic. If I had to, I'd probably give the edge to PNC, just because of the view it offers of downtown Pittsburgh and the rivers.

Yeah I can't wait for my trip, I've heard such great things about all 3 places. Supposedly Citizens Bank has better food than The Cell but i'm not counting on it.

I'm only including stadiums I've been to....

I really like PNC Park, and I'm a fan of Miller Park as well. I got to visit PacBell/AT&T Park, but there was no game going on. Overall, though, I have to give it to PNC.

So, the folks in Pittsburgh have that going for them, at least...

AT&T Park. I really wish I had the opportunity to go to the All-Sgtar game this year, the HR Derby should be a real treat.

PNC Park looks gorgeous and nothing but rave reviews from eveyrthing I seen and heard, only problem being, when the game is over, you are still in Pittsburgh.

Favorite Park= Camden Yards, loved it when I went there. I guess Yankee Stadium or Fenway would follow.

Nicest Fans= Seattle, soft crowd pretty easy going.

Worst Park been to= Toronto, seemed like I was entering a movie theatre.

Edited by ChWRoCk2

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
AT&T Park. I really wish I had the opportunity to go to the All-Sgtar game this year, the HR Derby should be a real treat.

PNC Park looks gorgeous and nothing but rave reviews from eveyrthing I seen and heard, only problem being, when the game is over, you are still in Pittsburgh.

i love the city of pittsburgh, i dont know what the problem is of being there? i was in san fran 4 or 5 years ago, but the giants were in houston at the time, so i couldnt see a game there.

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 10:16 PM)
Worst Park been to= Toronto, just didnt like it seemed like I was entering a movie theatre.

I had the same feeling when I was there. Nice stadium but I just didn't get that baseball feel there.

Best park: Camden Yards, great ballpark in a fun town

Worst Park: Tie, between the old mistake by the lake in Cleveland and the Metrodome.

I love Fenway, PNC is really really nice, and so is Camden. Those are my favorites.

Worst Park=HHH Dome. Horrible. I've been there twice. I was up there for my softball nationals a few times, so I figured I'd go to a game just for fun. But not a nice place.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 05:36 AM)
After that, I like Minute Maid a lot too. The Sky Dome was pretty cool as well.

Yuck. The Sky Dome was out-dated about 10 years ago. I stayed in one of the hotel rooms overlooking RF back in the late '90s and still wasn't really impressed.

Minute Maid is a lot nicer, but the exterior is incredibly dull (as is the surrounding neighborhood). And watching a game with air conditioning blasting just seems unnatural. The upper deck seats are very nice, though.

Out of the retractable roof stadiums that I've been to, Safeco is easily the best. Never been to Miller or Bank One (or whatever it's called now).

My least favorite was old Busch Stadium in St Louis. That place was a horrible place to see a baseball game.

Indeed. The renovations in the late '90s made it a lot nicer, but the seats were still way back off the field. Its saving grace was the fans. Cards fans are polite beyond belief.

The ballpark that I've been most impressed with was the Jake, and a lot of that had to do with the atmosphere. Then again, I haven't had the pleasure of visiting Camden Yards, PNC, or SBC.