White Sox vs. Phillies, 6/11/07 (L)

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 07:15 PM)
Our minor league development needs to be terminated as a group. Low and away is poison. Its like no one in the International league can throw away.

The failures of Sweeney, Anderson, Owens, and (up until this point) Fields have highlighted an abysmal track record of producing talent. It's honestly pathetic. We're in the wrong division to experience what we've gone through.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 07:23 PM)
Dip back shoulder to get upper cut golf golf effect: check

Cheat on the pitch trying to pull: check

Swing like you are in the batting cage crazy hard: check

do not adjust: check

This is no longer corpseball. It fecalball.

not Greg Walker's fault at all though

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 07:15 PM)
Been meaning to ask you DA....what's your thoughts on if it's better for this team to lose right now over the next few weeks in order to convince KW and Ozzie that this team sucks?

They aren't going to catch Cleveland and they have a few teams to jump over for the wildcard. I don't think they can win unless a miracle happens and the bullpen can get someone out. I have a feeling KW is not going to want to admit failure however. Buerhle should bring a nice package. Dye could bring something back as well and save money. They actually would have more money to throw at Buerhle this offseason the sooner they deal him. If he's serious about being here that is. I wonder how its going to go over on this board when he signs with the Cardinals and at his introductory press conference says St. Louis is the place he always wanted to be.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 07:20 PM)
Two weeks is my prediction. If the Cubs kick our ass, then you'll hear everyone saying we're done.

I don't know that Williams can wait that long to make a move - IF he intent on helping the team this season. Cleveland and Detroit are just too good to hope the current situation improves....Oh wait, I forgot D.Erstad is coming back!

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 07:20 PM)
Two weeks is my prediction. If the Cubs kick our ass, then you'll hear everyone saying we're done.

I don't know that Williams can wait that long to make a move - IF he intent on helping the team this season. Cleveland and Detroit are just too good to hope the current situation improves....Oh wait, I forgot D.Erstad is coming back!

QUOTE(spiderman @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 12:24 AM)

He better not even think about making a big move to help this team. And BTW, the reports on Erstad aren't promising. It went from him being sure he could return after 15 days to him saying that he's not sure how long he'll be out. He's a tough dude, but that's a painful injury and something he's going to tweak a few more times this year.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They aren't going to catch Cleveland and they have a few teams to jump over for the wildcard. I don't think they can win unless a miracle happens and the bullpen can get someone out. I have a feeling KW is not going to want to admit failure however. Buerhle should bring a nice package. Dye could bring something back as well and save money. They actually would have more money to throw at Buerhle this offseason the sooner they deal him. If he's serious about being here that is. I wonder how its going to go over on this board when he signs with the Cardinals and at his introductory press conference says St. Louis is the place he always wanted to be.

He came out and said "blame me. I put this team together." Sounds like the opposite of what you are asying

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 07:25 PM)
you gout 4 more frames to figure it out

I've already figured it out, even bad pitchers will eventually get a team out if they continually foul off the hanging curveballs and straight FBs, this is Tyler Clippard all over again

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 07:23 PM)
not Greg Walker's fault at all though

Fields now a frigid 5 for 40 (.125) in his MLB career and looking like Joe Borchard numbers would be a great achievement for him this summer.

Sutcliffe just dissected Javier Vazquez tipping his pitches, I hope someone with the White Sox organization tries to address it, because they're calling every one of his pitches and the location from the broadcast booth.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 12:24 AM)

St. Louis would be such a good trade candidate, if only they had better prospects. I could see Reyes turning into KW's Floyd boy, and he'd be the centerpiece of the trade. If Buehrle doesn't stay with the Sox, I'd love to see him go to the Cards.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 07:25 PM)
He better not even think about making a big move to help this team. And BTW, the reports on Erstad aren't promising. It went from him being sure he could return after 15 days to him saying that he's not sure how long he'll be out. He's a tough dude, but that's a painful injury and something he's going to tweak a few more times this year.

ill take an outfield of terrero, sweeney and owens/anderson for the rest of the year.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 12:26 AM)
He came out and said "blame me. I put this team together." Sounds like the opposite of what you are asying

Yes, but is he willing to blow the team up and admit they didn't have it this season? I'd have so much respect if KW did this.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 07:24 PM)

I hope we can still work out a 3 or 4 year deal for Buerhle. If we don't keep the one strength on our team, starting pitching, we are not going to be competitive in the AL Central.

I would hope that they would try again before they decide to move him. I know he can get us back nice prospects, or players on the verge of the majors, but we're not going to win anything with kids in our rotation in the AL.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 12:27 AM)
Good to hear, I'm glad someone took responsability for this

I think it was Thom Brenneman who said that so many people are taking responsibility for the poor player....that it's time for someone to do something about the poor player. It shouldn't be a pissing contest to see who can take more blame.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 07:26 PM)

The sooner he recognizes this team simply isn't good enough, the better for the future of this franchise. If he thinks this team is good enough to go on a 30-5 run or something like that, the Sox may suck for a while.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 07:25 PM)

Sutcliffe said he talked to him, and that Erstad hopes to play by the end of the week...not that it will help.

As far as making a move, I agree with you. Trading for Adam Dunn is going to do what exactly ? If we stink, fine. It sucks, but I want Williams doing what he can to strengthen next year's team.

Erin Andrews is amazing.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 07:26 PM)
Fields now a frigid 5 for 40 (.125) in his MLB career and looking like Joe Borchard numbers would be a great achievement for him this summer.

Well it seems that Greg cant help the vets because they are proven. So lets see if he can help one rookie hit better. He didnt do a damn thing with BA until the kid dug a huge hole. This year was project 2007 Uribe, Walkers self mission to help Uribe. His project is a failure so far. Maybe we can get Hrniak to come back for another seminar and fix some of the Walk issues.

QUOTE(spiderman @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 07:27 PM)
I hope we can still work out a 3 or 4 year deal for Buerhle. If we don't keep the one strength on our team, starting pitching, we are not going to be competitive in the AL Central.

I would hope that they would try again before they decide to move him. I know he can get us back nice prospects, or players on the verge of the majors, but we're not going to win anything with kids in our rotation in the AL.

Buerhle isn't going to take a 3 or 4 year contract IMO. Think 5-7 years with big money. The Sox don't go that long with pitchers. It really is a pretty good policy.