"The fans are just a bunch of idiots" -Boone Logan

whitesoxfan101

This is fantastic. Kudos for posting the article.

What book are you reading right now?

I don't read any books.

Yeah. (Tadahito) Iguchi. I like sushi. That's a good answer. He'd probably taste like sushi.

Down in Triple A, he was making bad calls, and I ended up giving up a double off the wall, and going off the field, I was airing him out and he said -- I don't remember the exact words -- but he said something like, 'Get the ball down and that wouldn't happen.' I wanted to kill him after he said that to me. I was like, 'Goddangit.' I bit my lip and kept walking in.

Like I said: quality stuff.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 1, 2007 -> 09:20 PM)
Not only is he one of the best relievers in the game, he's one of the best personalities as well. The Legend lives on.

i know hes been killer on lefties...but 20 IP this year with a 4.09 ERA makes you one of hte best relievers in the game, i hope you were joking

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jul 1, 2007 -> 09:36 PM)
i know hes been killer on lefties...but 20 IP this year with a 4.09 ERA makes you one of hte best relievers in the game, i hope you were joking

He's a LOOGY and when used properly he's pretty much the most effective player in the game at that job. So no, I'm not joking.

What did Billy Beane say of Lenny Dykstra?

He was "perfectly designed, emotionally" to play baseball?

That's what that interview reminded me of.

That's how I want my ballplayers: confident, introverted, and dumb as hell.

He has the perfect make up for a reliever.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jul 2, 2007 -> 03:47 PM)
nope. still don't love boone logan.

While amusing, I don't think Boone should be calling anyone idiots...

at the same time I like him 100x more than joakim noah and if he gets the job done who cares...

Batman Begins is an excellent movie..

I don't care what anyone says, it's never cool to call your fans a bunch of idiots. We're paying for the tickets, we're supporting the team, and we have to hear some reliever with a bad attitude calling us fans idiots. :huh

I'm sure he's heard it all though, and I'm sure he's referring to the drunks sitting in the outfield behind the bullpen in section 158. The fans have had to witness the most disappointing season ever due to the mental weakness of the bullpen, so it's safe to assume he hasn't heard the nicest things coming from the stands while he's about to warm up. On the other hand, Sox fans are known for being knowledgeable compared to other fanbases, so to call the fans idiots is just.. well, idiotic!