Official Squared Circle Thread

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Mar 28, 2008 -> 08:53 PM)
Nothing impresses you, Critic.

And I agree, Show's one of my favorites.

I'm impressed by a fair amount of stuff, but it's a lot less interesting to throw out the :wub: :wub: :wub: than it is to complain and/or mock things.

There's not too much in rasslin' lately that blows me away these days, though. Definitely in a "down cycle" IMO.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Brian @ Mar 28, 2008 -> 10:16 PM)
In a perfect world, Orton would walk out of the Citrus Bowl as champion. Neither HHH or Cena needs the the title to be over.

I know a lot of people don't like Orton, Shadows and I are supporters, but it would make WrestleMania if he was to retain. Nobody would be expecting it and it seems like Orton needs the title for the WWE to do anything with him.

I've also always been a fan of heel champions.

Title changes at Mania should mean something. It isn't the first reign for either HHH or Cena. The only thing that would make it special is if Orton retained.

I have NEVER been an HHH fan. I never thought he was anymore than average in the ring and he isn't particularly entertaining on the mic, especially as a face. "Oh, how funny. He made an inside joke that only internet marks would get it. He so funny."

He has had decent matches with guys who are very good. He has never had to carry anyone to a good match.

I am intrigued as to how Show/Mayweather will go.

The build up for HBK/Flair has been good, especially this past week. If Flair loses, I still hope for a heel manager role with Orton.

It would make WM if Flair won, and then announced his retirement instead of losing. I do agree with you, however, that Orton should come out of WM as the champion. He's grown on me. He's not one of my favorite wrestlers, but I can certainly stand him as champion and would like to see him remain so for a little while longer.

And on HHH, as much as I dislike him, he's a solid technical wrestler, in my book.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 28, 2008 -> 10:55 PM)
I'm impressed by a fair amount of stuff, but it's a lot less interesting to throw out the :wub: :wub: :wub: than it is to complain and/or mock things.

There's not too much in rasslin' lately that blows me away these days, though. Definitely in a "down cycle" IMO.

I know you're a fan of old-school wrestling, being an old man and all. I consider myself a fan of the older stuff as well, but my "old-school" is the late 80's and early 90's. I have to admit, as much as I hate most current wrestling, that almost all of the main eventers now are solid technical wrestlers. The same can't be said of the Ultimate Warriors and Hogans of my era.

Also, I'd rather Flair just completely retire from wrestling. I think that'd be a better ending for his career than managing.

EDIT: Where the hell is LCR?! He usually shares my point of view on most things wrestling.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Mar 28, 2008 -> 10:03 PM)
I know you're a fan of old-school wrestling, being an old man and all. I consider myself a fan of the older stuff as well, but my "old-school" is the late 80's and early 90's. I have to admit, as much as I hate most current wrestling, that almost all of the main eventers now are solid technical wrestlers. The same can't be said of the Ultimate Warriors and Hogans of my era.

Also, I'd rather Flair just completely retire from wrestling. I think that'd be a better ending for his career than managing.

EDIT: Where the hell is LCR?! He usually shares my point of view on most things wrestling.

OLD MAN??? HOW DARE YOU!!!

:P :D

It's true that "my time" was the late 70's and early 80's, but probably my favorite era of wrestling was the Monday Night Wars into the ECW and "Attitude" era. There was just so many fun angles, a lot of guys getting to show their personality and humorous side, and just a lot of variety and competition between three very different companies with very different approaches.

Back in the old AWA/NWA/WWWF days, almost all of the main eventers were really solid technical guys. Verne Gagne, Nick Bockwinkel, Billy Robinson, Bob Backlund, Pedro Morales, Dory and Terry Funk, Jack and Jerry Brisco, Harley Race, Pat O'Connor and many many more. In those days nobody scoured Muscle Beach for performers, they almost always came from the amateur wrestling ranks. The downside of that is many of them didn't have the mic skills or flashiness most guys had and have since.

Thus the need for aging wrestlers who could talk well to become managers.

I think Flair's career would be enhanced by becoming a heel manager, and it would help guys who can't work well on the mic. Flair talking so Batista and Orton don't have to??? Count me in!! I know Ric doesn't have to do anything after Sunday and his legacy is solid, but if he wants to stick around it would be great for the business to keep him in a prominent role.

I haven't seen LCR around here for quite some time. That surprises me, especially in an election year. He must be too busy with his personal or school schedules.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 29, 2008 -> 09:49 AM)

It's true that "my time" was the late 70's and early 80's, but probably my favorite era of wrestling was the Monday Night Wars into the ECW and "Attitude" era. There was just so many fun angles, a lot of guys getting to show their personality and humorous side, and just a lot of variety and competition between three very different companies with very different approaches.

Back in the old AWA/NWA/WWWF days, almost all of the main eventers were really solid technical guys. Verne Gagne, Nick Bockwinkel, Billy Robinson, Bob Backlund, Pedro Morales, Dory and Terry Funk, Jack and Jerry Brisco, Harley Race, Pat O'Connor and many many more. In those days nobody scoured Muscle Beach for performers, they almost always came from the amateur wrestling ranks. The downside of that is many of them didn't have the mic skills or flashiness most guys had and have since.

I think Flair's career would be enhanced by becoming a heel manager, and it would help guys who can't work well on the mic. Flair talking so Batista and Orton don't have to??? Count me in!! I know Ric doesn't have to do anything after Sunday and his legacy is solid, but if he wants to stick around it would be great for the business to keep him in a prominent role.

I haven't seen LCR around here for quite some time. That surprises me, especially in an election year. He must be too busy with his personal or school schedules.

I guess his career could be enhanced by managing, but only minimally. He's already legendary, and I think I'd rather see him just walk away. That's just my opinion, though.

There are very few wrestlers today that have the total package. For me, that consists of technical ability, charisma (or lacking that, a good mouthpiece), a quality gimmick, and a recognizable finisher/go-to moves. And this one is the hardest to come by, the willingness to put someone else over.

All of my favorite wrestlers, present and past, fall into these categories.

That was off topic, but I felt like saying it.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 29, 2008 -> 08:49 AM)

havent seen much of Aboz either recently

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Mar 30, 2008 -> 10:29 AM)
There's a couple of things that I would like to happen tonight. Mayweather to job to Show, Orton to retain, Edge to break Undertaker's streak, and most importantly, Flair to win and retire.

you DISGUST me

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 30, 2008 -> 12:06 PM)
The Rock's speech last night at the HOF inductions was great.

My buddy was texting me from the HOF last night and said The Rock went on like that for about 45 minutes.

Also said Flair mentioned Benoit in his speech and got cheered, but mentioned Hogan and the crowd Boo'd. God Bless America! Cheer a murderer, Boo a Legend.

WM Predictions

Ashley & Maria I guess, who cares really.

Finlay over JBL

Kane wins the battle royal, then wins the ECW strap...even though a sentimental pick would be Dreamer.

Batista over Umaga

Kennedy to win MITB, I think the twist will be him cashing it in after the main event

HBK over Flair

As much as i'd like to see Edge break the streak, it's gonna be the 'Taker

Trips wins the triple threat.

Mayweather/Show will have some kind of swerve that allows Mayweather to win.

Edited by MHizzle85

If I recall correctly, LCR got banned in a thread over at SLAM. No clue what happened to Boz.

Since it's asked.

My Mania predictions:

Finlay over JBL

Kane wins the battle royal, then wins the ECW strap...even though a sentimental pick would be Dreamer.

Batista over Umaga

Kennedy to win MITB, I think the twist will be him cashing it in after the main event

HBK over Flair

it's gonna be the 'Taker

Cena wins the triple threat.

Essentially the same as hizzle

QUOTE(Shadows @ Mar 30, 2008 -> 12:53 PM)
you DISGUST me

QUOTE(Brian @ Mar 30, 2008 -> 01:00 PM)
Yeah, that would NOT be PERFECT!

Well, a lot of Undertaker's wins at WrestleMania have been over some pretty weak opponents. And the last straw, for me, is that he's going to walk the entire length of a football field during his entrance. His PPV entrances last 15 minutes as it is. I sure as f*** don't want to see how long this will be.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Mar 30, 2008 -> 03:50 PM)
If I recall correctly, LCR got banned in a thread over at SLAM. No clue what happened to Boz.

Since it's asked.

My Mania predictions:

Finlay over JBL

Batista over Umaga

HBK over Flair

it's gonna be the 'Taker

Cena wins the triple threat.

Essentially the same as hizzle

Please point me to the thread in which that happend. That sucks.

QUOTE(Kyle @ Mar 30, 2008 -> 03:08 PM)
If it rains during Mania, do you think there is any sort of contingency plan?

Like what? Stop the show? The ring plus some is covered.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Mar 30, 2008 -> 04:23 PM)
1. Brian, you replied to the wrong post. :P

2. Milkman, I don't know what the thread is, but I imagine it's there, or you can ask a moderator. I don't have much else on the subject or any further knowledge.

LCR has no profile anymore, so thats pretty much proof enough