Official Squared Circle Thread

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (juddling @ Apr 8, 2008 -> 09:56 AM)
gee...WWE setting up a pay-per-view headlining match with Cena/Orton/HHH/JBL ....wow...wonder how long it took them to come up with that one...lol

As soon as the triple threat was confirmed and John Cena's music hit, I turned RAW off. Too many people fueding for the same thing, its getting ridiculous.

Personally I am looking forward to seeing Khali and the SHow throw down finally. I want to see if there can actually be a worthwhile match to watch with Khali, and the Show is probably the only one who can work with him.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 8, 2008 -> 09:33 AM)
They should just let the AGE OF ORTON dominate until WrestleMania next year.

Yes, I need another whole year of angry looks and bad mic work.

What they should do is let Batista and Orton fight until one of them cannot work the mic anymore. Last man talking wins

:P

I was just reading that Samoa Joe's contract is expiring soon, and while he states he is loyal to TNA, he never said he wont work at WWE.

Think there is any chance Vince makes a splash and steals away one of their superstars?

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Apr 11, 2008 -> 08:52 AM)
I was just reading that Samoa Joe's contract is expiring soon, and while he states he is loyal to TNA, he never said he wont work at WWE.

Think there is any chance Vince makes a splash and steals away one of their superstars?

I got the feeling from that interview that Joe would like to stay at TNA, and I think he's probably just dangling the WWE possibility out there to increase his bargaining position.

I think Joe would get an good initial push in WWE, but would probably find himself overlooked and depushed more quickly than if he stays in TNA. He's big for TNA standards, but he's no HOSS, so I don't think the love affair would be there for him in The E.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Apr 13, 2008 -> 09:12 PM)
Samoa Joe won the TNA title tonight at Lockdown.

Of course, TNA killed his buzz completely through horrid booking, so at this point how much buzz does this win really generate?

Yawn. If they want it to mean ANYTHING, he will hold it for a LONG time and not cut it short a la Cage.

Looks like maybe the junk in Knox's house wasn't his after all:

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

-- Mike Knox doesn't appear to be in any trouble with the company at the moment. The company believes that that the steroids left in the house were by one of the other wrestlers no longer affiliated with the company. Two of the three wrestlers identified as living in the house at one time, Ryan O'Reilly and Derrick Neikirk, were both suspended by WWE for drug test failures during their respective tenures in the company.

QUOTE (Shadows @ Apr 14, 2008 -> 08:42 PM)
I really wish they would have never scrapped the King of the Ring as a PPV

That was always one of my favorites

I liked it when they did the WHOLE tournament in one night. The semi's and finals only at the PPV diminished it. Next weeks Raw should rule.

--Joey Styles has been replaced by Mike Adamle as the lead voice of ECW. The word went down before the show today. On the surface, this is a ludicrously awful decision, so there's probably more to it.

per the Observer.

WTF?

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Apr 15, 2008 -> 03:44 PM)
per the Observer.

WTF?

Styles isn't even gone, they're just reassigning him to some other job in the company.

I guess they have to justify Adamle's contract?

He's not good.

Edited by The Critic

QUOTE (The Critic @ Apr 15, 2008 -> 03:39 PM)
Styles isn't even gone, they're just reassigning him to some other job in the company.

I guess they have to justify Adamle's contract?

He's not good.

Yeah, but I would have him as the LAST choice doing the show. It's gotten pretty enjoyable as of late.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Apr 15, 2008 -> 06:01 PM)
Yeah, but I would have him as the LAST choice doing the show. It's gotten pretty enjoyable as of late.

I agree. Adamle is horrible.

He's just a huge waste of money, and now giving Adamle something to do moves Styles out of what he does best.

I wish some other promotion would be enough of a threat to occupy Vince's time - when he's bored he does some goofy s***.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 15, 2008 -> 05:58 PM)
Styles style, ahem, just isn't meant for what the E wants at the booth. That is clear. I miss the old days of wrestlng.

That's sad because Styles is easily the 2nd best commentator they have on staff.