Films Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (onedude @ Jan 15, 2009 -> 02:59 PM)
yeah...Hayter thought giving Snake a growly voice in MGS4 would add to him looking older.

There's such a time disparity between each game release that I didn't even realize that he was purposefully doing that. I thought Snake sounded exactly the same as always.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 17, 2009 -> 11:33 PM)
Milkman you watch more movies than anyone I have ever known. Have you always been that way?

Well, in the past couple of years, as I live very close to two theaters. And in the past month, I've seen even more than normal.

And to add on to the list, I just watched The Visitor. Richard Jenkins was great in it, and the movie itself was very good. I love to see character actors really shine in movies when given a lead part (kind of like Forest Whitaker in The Last King Of Scotland).

I forgot to mention that I watched In The Valley Of Elah a couple of days ago. A decent movie with sort of a twist ending, and a very good performance from Tommy Lee Jones.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jan 17, 2009 -> 11:03 PM)
Well, in the past couple of years, as I live very close to two theaters. And in the past month, I've seen even more than normal.

And to add on to the list, I just watched The Visitor. Richard Jenkins was great in it, and the movie itself was very good. I love to see character actors really shine in movies when given a lead part (kind of like Forest Whitaker in The Last King Of Scotland).

I forgot to mention that I watched In The Valley Of Elah a couple of days ago. A decent movie with sort of a twist ending, and a very good performance from Tommy Lee Jones.

I worked at a movie theater for 5 years, Northgate on North and 53. I basically saw every movie that came out for those 5 years if we didn't have it we would trade with other theaters and run midnight shows. It's weird when you see that many movies. I've gone into a movie freeze the last 2 years only seeing a few. Milk, you feel that way? I just stopped enjoying movies because you just see everything?

Also, watched "Gone Baby Gone" the other night for the first time. Very good acting in that movie. Ben is getting way over knobbed for that movie. I thought the directing was poor. I did enjoy it, except I thought Kasey's characters decision was the easy one to make, so I wasn't torn as other people were. With all that said, good movie, worth watching

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 18, 2009 -> 01:03 AM)
'Vicky Christina Barcelona' is average at best. What has Woody Allen made in the last 10 years that was solid?

Sweet and the Lowdown was in 99, that was an underated movie IMO. Excellent acting and very good story, I even think Celebrity was OK. You're right though, since then not much.

If you're a Woody Allen fan you need to see 'Wild Man Blues' that is something to see

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jan 18, 2009 -> 02:10 AM)
Sweet and the Lowdown was in 99, that was an underated movie IMO. Excellent acting and very good story, I even think Celebrity was OK. You're right though, since then not much.

If you're a Woody Allen fan you need to see 'Wild Man Blues' that is something to see

I agree about Sweet.. but he's a guy resting on his laurels. Part of the problem is that he's in love with Scarlett Johanson and has apparently decided to use her in as many films as possible. Hot chick, bad actress.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 18, 2009 -> 01:22 AM)
I agree about Sweet.. but he's a guy resting on his laurels. Part of the problem is that he's in love with Scarlett Johanson and has apparently decided to use her in as many films as possible. Hot chick, bad actress.

I agree with the ScarJo fascination. I'll even take the unpopular stance that she's really not all that hot.

You guys gotta go see My Bloody Valentine 3D

It was so badass, especially if you are into movies that are just pretty much all out gore and violence.. the 3D was pretty sweet as well..

Like I said, you like badass gore movies it is awesome

Saw Revolutionary Road yesterday. Not good. The movie is American Beauty with less interesting characters and worse story telling.

Last week I saw Tropic Thunder and Pineapple Express. PE was decent, but nothing special.

Tropic Thunder was god-awful.

QUOTE (G&T @ Jan 18, 2009 -> 09:35 AM)
Saw Revolutionary Road yesterday. Not good. The movie is American Beauty with less interesting characters and worse story telling.

Last week I saw Tropic Thunder and Pineapple Express. PE was decent, but nothing special.

Yep. I love American Beauty, but RR is depressing and comes across as bitter and spiteful. What did I miss in that film that has critics calling it a 'timeless classic"? I haven't read the novel.

QUOTE (The Bones @ Jan 17, 2009 -> 02:07 AM)
Hamlet 2 is hilarious!

Gran Torino is not all that good.

Man on Wire is an incredible story!

Saw Gran Torino last night, and I thought it was excellent. What didn't you like about it?

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jan 18, 2009 -> 11:32 AM)
I suppose I shouldn’t have such high hopes for this movie, but I really do. Then again, I’m about the only person in the world who enjoyed X-Men 3 so maybe I shouldn’t worry.

This movie is going to be teh suck. Fox does nothing but screw up its comic book properties, trying to make everything family friendly and PG rated. Wolverine should be none of the above, but it will be.

They are already reshooting big parts of the movie, even though production was supposed to be wrapped already

http://screenrant.com/wolverine-reshoots-trouble-niall-5059/

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jan 18, 2009 -> 02:08 AM)
I worked at a movie theater for 5 years, Northgate on North and 53. I basically saw every movie that came out for those 5 years if we didn't have it we would trade with other theaters and run midnight shows. It's weird when you see that many movies. I've gone into a movie freeze the last 2 years only seeing a few. Milk, you feel that way? I just stopped enjoying movies because you just see everything?

Also, watched "Gone Baby Gone" the other night for the first time. Very good acting in that movie. Ben is getting way over knobbed for that movie. I thought the directing was poor. I did enjoy it, except I thought Kasey's characters decision was the easy one to make, so I wasn't torn as other people were. With all that said, good movie, worth watching

I haven't gotten tired of seeing movies. Not yet, at least.

QUOTE (G&T @ Jan 18, 2009 -> 10:35 AM)

About a month ago, I decided I was going to see all of the movies that are getting consideration for Best Picture and Best Actor. The only exception is Revolutionary Road. The preview did absolutely nothing for me, and it looked extremely boring.