Films Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figured that Brolin was convinced that he needed Woody's help so he told him. Isn't that possible?

I saw it again tonight and noticed Woody's character looking up at the top of the fence while walking across the bridge. Now if he had no info and just assumed it was somewhere near the bridge, why would he be looking up?

I think Brolin's character gave him a lampost count, or fence ring count which helped him find the money.

I really enjoyed I am Legend. I thought that it was a bit slow, but I found it really enjoyable nonetheless. I still almost lost it near the end, but won't go into details for those of you who haven't seen it yet.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Dec 14, 2007 -> 11:56 PM)
Very disappointed.

Few things. I really didn't enjoy the Sam stuff. I guess I just wasn't really in that zone to see an "Old Yeller" style sequence, but for me, as a dog owner, it was EXTREMELY hard to watch. I suppose that means the film makers did it well, but I really didn't enjoy watching it, so it left me with a bad taste in my mouth. Then, there was just the un-answered and odd stuff that bothered me. I guess they were trying to show how he was a little crazy since the last 1000 days he has been alone, but when he woke up in his house, and found the women and the boy, he didn't even inquire about them, how they got there, ect. In that situation, you figure out as much as you can, and are just shocked to see anyone, not get upset over bacon. Also, how did he have power? How was there still working water? I understand he had generators, but where did they get power from? There was just a lot of un-answered stuff that could have been better explained. The movie was only an 1:40, they could have added on a half hour to expand on some things. I also thought the last 20 min were very unfilfilling and very unrealistic.

Needless to say, the best part of the movie was the Batman trailer I had seen a few times already.

I thought this was one of the longer 1:40 minute movies I'd seen in awhile, so if they were to make it even longer, I don't know how well it would have gone over with me. For me at least, I'm sick of these ridiculously long movies and it's nice to see one that gets in and out in 1:30 minutes or so, so I was thankful for that part of this movie.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Dec 17, 2007 -> 01:39 PM)
For those of you in Will Smith overload...I present to you the teaser for his Superhero film next summer!

I'm hoping for a cool rap song to go with this...I AM LEGEND was missing it

Anyway...

Oh boy...wow...uhhhh...yeah.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Dec 16, 2007 -> 08:01 PM)
Official trailer for Dark Knight now online:

http://atasteforthetheatrical.com/deathtrap/default.htm

I downloaded the high quality version, and watched it a few times. Noticed something interesting... The Chicago shots are not in their complete version yet. Notice that the shots are all "naked" - they haven't been Gotham-ized yet. No CGI scrubbing. Part of me hopes they stay that way, but I don't think they will.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Dec 15, 2007 -> 03:24 PM)
I've seen a lot of people say they liked I Am Legend, but didn't love it. After seeing it, I completely agree.

CGI ruins another movie that could've been way better without crappy computer-animated monsters.

Agreed 100%. I'm so sick of over-done CGI.

I read that. I find it interesting that there is a sequel planned. :huh:

* MGM and New Line will co-finance and co-distribute two films, “The Hobbit” and a sequel to “The Hobbit.” New Line will distribute in North America and MGM will distribute internationally.
Edited by Kid Gleason

I guess it will be mostly original, but gathered from short stories, etc by Tolkein.

Plus...

Here's some new WALL-E!!! Pixar f'n ROCKS. Head and shoulders above any crap Dreamworks animation tries to throw out there.

WALL-E Exclusive Trailer

Add to My Profile | More Videos

Also, visit BuyNLarge.com the viral marketing site that gives some story focus on WALL-E

Edited by RibbieRubarb

I'm not sure how the movie was recieved or reviewed here but i finally got around to seeing

Superbad and i got to say i thought (with the exception of a few scenes) it sucked bigtime. Maybe cause I'm older or what but the amount of swearing got to the point that it wasn't funny , it was annoying.

I thought McLovin's storyline with the cops was pretty funny at times but the rest was stupid. Thankfully, it only cost me a dollar.

QUOTE(juddling @ Dec 20, 2007 -> 10:14 AM)
I'm not sure how the movie was recieved or reviewed here but i finally got around to seeing

Superbad and i got to say i thought (with the exception of a few scenes) it sucked bigtime. Maybe cause I'm older or what but the amount of swearing got to the point that it wasn't funny , it was annoying.

I thought McLovin's storyline with the cops was pretty funny at times but the rest was stupid. Thankfully, it only cost me a dollar.

Lol well you are 38 and the movie was mostly geared too the 16-30 or so group. But yeah I thought it was one of the funniest movies I have seen in a long time.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Dec 20, 2007 -> 10:55 AM)
Lol well you are 38 and the movie was mostly geared too the 16-30 or so group. But yeah I thought it was one of the funniest movies I have seen in a long time.

I'm 34 and I thought it was pretty funny. I remember the days back when all I cared about was getting laid and trying to get booze. Hanging around the liquor store saying...Can you get me a run? Can you get me a run? Now that I think of it what the f*** is a run? The people that ignored me probably did so cause I was asking them for a run instead of booze, but hey that's what we did in the day.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Dec 18, 2007 -> 03:45 PM)
Here's some new WALL-E!!! Pixar f'n ROCKS. Head and shoulders above any crap Dreamworks animation tries to throw out there.

That has the look of classic Pixar animation. That look supposedly originally came from the limitations of the RenderMan shaders, so everything had more of toy look that I still find more appealing than the photorealistic rendering apps. Whatever it is, you are right, yoou can tell something is Pixar just by looking at it.

QUOTE(juddling @ Dec 20, 2007 -> 11:14 AM)

It's ok to admit you were just creeped out by all those penis drawings. :lolhitting

I saw I Am Legend today and I liked it a lot. Definitely one of the better movies I've seen in a while. Will Smith was great and the whole premise of it really had me from the beginning. CGI wasn't that[/] terrible, better than Spider-Man 3, I'd say.

Also, put me on the list of people who can't wait for The Dark Knight to come out. I was so pleasantly surprised with Batman Begins (now one of my favorite movies), combined with my man-love for Christian Bale, and the amazing amazing amazing amazing trailer they have released, can it be Summer 2008 yet?