Films Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 21, 2007 -> 09:21 AM)
I know, it kind of pisses me off too. Like I said, by the time I won the coin toss, Into the Wild was out of our local theatres. I thought maybe I could catch it some weeknight while on the road, but I haven't found the time yet.

Unacceptable. Make it happen.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, I saw No Country for Old Men last night. I was VERY disappointed. I won't go into spoilers but the movie was as perfect as a movie can be until this one unforgivable thing happens - and it leaves such a bad taste, it ruins the rest of the movie.

I predict that people will go gaga for it anyway - and it will be vastly overrated.

Both Javier Bardem & Josh Brolin are terrific though.

I agree completely as I didn't buy into the Fargo hype either. The ending kinda reminds me of the same thing and the audience reaction (it was packed) felt kind of the same way.

It's the first movie that creeped me out in a long time however.

American Gangster is still at the top of my list for 2007.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Nov 24, 2007 -> 01:15 AM)
I am Legend looks like a damn good movie comming up, despite me not seeing Will Smith in that type of lead role but he does surprise me sometimes. I'll see how it is.

I am so excited to see this movie, it looks awesome.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Nov 23, 2007 -> 08:00 PM)
I agree completely as I didn't buy into the Fargo hype either. The ending kinda reminds me of the same thing and the audience reaction (it was packed) felt kind of the same way.

It's the first movie that creeped me out in a long time however.

American Gangster is still at the top of my list for 2007.

I guess some people like the abstract and some don't. No Country for Old Men was obviously going the abstract route. If the audience had payed attention to the dialogue and not just the action, they wouldn't have given it a, "What the hell?" reaction at the end. I saw the movie twice, in two different types of theatres. One was a mainstream theatre where you don't see the film buffs often, and the crowd gave that sort of reaction. I also saw it at an indie type theatre and they applauded the ending.

The dialogue in the two final scenes was fairly obvious in showing that the movie was about to end.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Nov 28, 2007 -> 01:40 AM)
Ok, I just got back from No Country For Old Men and liked it. For those of you who saw the film, I'll just say that there is a scene in which Woody Harrelson is a little too good at his detective work. I'm being very picky about an otherwise solid film.

The part where he randomly figured out that Brolin threw the bag into the reeds from the border bridge? Yeah, that was just stupid.

I saw Knocked up and Ratatouille over the weekend, both were good movies in their own rights.

KU was one of the funniest movies I have seen in a while. I could see that group ending up in a Kevin Smith type situation where the same basic castmembers make a bunch of loosely, but not really, conntected movies with the successes of Superbad and KU.

Ratatouille was a classic Pixar/Disney movie. Worth a view, especially with kids.

I guess some people like the abstract and some don't. No Country for Old Men was obviously going the abstract route. If the audience had payed attention to the dialogue and not just the action, they wouldn't have given it a, "What the hell?" reaction at the end. I saw the movie twice, in two different types of theatres. One was a mainstream theatre where you don't see the film buffs often, and the crowd gave that sort of reaction. I also saw it at an indie type theatre and they applauded the ending.

The dialogue in the two final scenes was fairly obvious in showing that the movie was about to end.

I thought about the ending more and more, and I turned closer to the movie. I'm thinking about seeing it again and paying more attention to the hotel scenes with the mexicans.

Edited by santo=dorf

"The Mist" will make a bad TV movie that I would have turned away from after about 25 minutes. Bad acting, bad effects, just bad.

"Lions for Lambs" was ok. Basically three stories that tie together. Robert Redford as a professor mentoring a kid from his class that I hated. Meryl Streep (reporter) and Tom Cruise (politician) are ok. Cruise is selling her the new military strategy for the war. Cruise kind of comes accross the way he did in the Matt Lauer interview. Finally, two soldiers (and former students of Redford) in Afghanistan who are part of the new plan. They are the only really good thing about the movie.

The problem with The Truth About Cats and Dogs is that Janeane G. is very cute and so her insecurities, as well as her "you're not just a dumb b**** -- you're an ugly b****!" encounters are completely unrealistic, therefore destroying the whole film

Edited by Gregory Pratt