2007 Post ASB MLB Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

McLellan is giving a ton of calls; Peavy threw two pitches that inning that were well off the plate, and that screwed Spilborghs in his AB, because if he's calling a pitch below his knees and outside a strike, he has to swing a pitch looking like its in the exact same spot.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 1, 2007 -> 08:17 PM)
It's a lot of fun watching a meaningful game at Coors. It's one of the places I probably see the least amount of games on tv.

What?!?!? Sunday night baseball is never at Coors? Are you suggesting that Fox Saturday baseball does not have a lot of games at Coors? /green

Seriously, it is a very nice looking park.

He's still going to win the Cy Young, and it's still a regular season game, but Jake Peavy is starting to look like a choker. He has a gaudy career ERA of 11 in the playoffs, and tonight he came out and immediately put his team in a 3-0 hole, and then after they bailed him out, promtly blew a 5-3 lead.

The Rockies LOOGY and ROOGY get it done back to back to get them to the bottom of the 6th tied at 5. If yesterday was any indication, Fuentes for the 7th and 8th and Corpas for the 9th, while hoping at some point in their 12 outs of regulation at bats left they can get a run or 2, is the strategy Hurdle may use.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Oct 1, 2007 -> 08:38 PM)
Brady Clark is just as bad as Rob Mackowiak, holy s***. People wanted this guy for the White Sox centerfield spot?

Nobody is this bad "just one game" of the year. There's something seriously wrong with him.

Correct, however that first ball to CF is a triple IMO even if he plays it properly with as easy as Smith made it to third. The problem was the Tulowitzki ball is an easy out he turned into a triple, that was Mackowiak-esque. Fortunately for the Padres, it didn't cost them a run.

Hey Hammerhead, is Peavy a choker now? 6 innings, 6 earned runs in a 1 game playoff to go along with that sparking 11 playoff ERA. Peavy left no doubt tonight either, as he both came out and dug an immediate 3-0 hole and then screwed his team that bailed him out over by turning a 5-3 lead into a 6-5 defecit.

LaTroy Hawkins?? Uh oh......

A little late because he just left Tulo at 3rd, but to tie the game at 5 Holliday walked up with Tulo on 2nd. The crowd was chanting "MVP!" and on the first pitch he ropes a single.

First of all, how badass is it to hear a packed, rocking crowd screaming MVP for you. Second of all, to deliver (on the first pitch!) and send the crowd into delirium? Holy s***, what a pimp.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 1, 2007 -> 08:42 PM)
Correct, however that first ball to CF is a triple IMO even if he plays it properly with as easy as Smith made it to third. The problem was the Tulowitzki ball is an easy out he turned into a triple, that was Mackowiak-esque. Fortunately for the Padres, it didn't cost them a run.

Hey Hammerhead, is Peavy a choker now? 6 innings, 6 earned runs in a 1 game playoff to go along with that sparking 11 playoff ERA. Peavy left no doubt tonight either, as he both came out and dug an immediate 3-0 hole and then screwed his team that bailed him out over by turning a 5-3 lead into a 6-5 defecit.

LaTroy Hawkins?? Uh oh......

Give me a break -- Peavy's not a choker because he's had three rough games under the age of 27.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Oct 1, 2007 -> 08:46 PM)
Give me a break -- Peavy's not a choker because he's had three rough games under the age of 27.

Tonight was a classic choke by him, just like his first 2 playoff apperances. How many bad games in playoff situations will it take to convince you guys?

And wow, what an inning by Hawkins. Eat that s***, Cub fans.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 1, 2007 -> 08:48 PM)
Tonight was a classic choke by him, just like his first 2 playoff apperances. How many bad games in playoff situations will it take to convince you guys?

And wow, what an inning by Hawkins. Eat that s***, Cub fans.

Frank Thomas was a choker until 2006. Barry Bonds until he juiced up and went back with the Giants. What you're saying is reactionary, ridiculous bulls***. "Peavy's a choker!!!!"

Give me a break.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Oct 1, 2007 -> 08:51 PM)
Frank Thomas was a choker until 2006. Barry Bonds until he juiced up and went back with the Giants. What you're saying is reactionary, ridiculous bulls***. "Peavy's a choker!!!!"

Give me a break.

Barry Bonds pre steroids never did anything in big games, so that would not be a prudent example. And btw, Frank went 0 for 13 in the ALCS last year as his team got swept, so he didn't exactly exorcise all of his demons in 2006 either.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Oct 2, 2007 -> 01:46 AM)

Greg you're just being ignorant -- of course you can label Peavy a choker based on all THREE of his postseason starts. You just don't know what you're talking about. Especially against this easy offense against this team that's won what, 15 in a row? Peavy is a gagger!

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Oct 1, 2007 -> 08:54 PM)
Just tell me how Ozzie Guillen is responsible for Jake Peavy's "choke-job"

I will admit the people who tell me the more I watch baseball, the more I'll appreciate Ozzie are right. He's not a very good manager, but he's better than many of these clowns I've seen in the last couple weeks like Randolph, Yost, and now Bud Black.