Official College Football Thread

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 7, 2007 -> 03:53 AM)
I wouldn't be surprised to see OSU run the table. There is no reason they shouldn't be able to handle Illinois, Wisky, PSU, and Michigan.

I'm kind of worried about them. I think there maybe a chance they get exposed somewhere down the line. Right now their best wins are over 2-3 Washington and Purdue. Purdue is fraud at 5-0 though, as their best win is Notre Dame at home. So yeah, I think the jury should certainly still be out on OSU, and all 4 of those teams could give them a game. Ending your season against 4 top 25 teams or programs is no easy task no matter who you are.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 6, 2007 -> 10:05 PM)
I'm kind of worried about them. I think there maybe a chance they get exposed somewhere down the line. Right now their best wins are over 2-3 Washington and Purdue. Purdue is fraud at 5-0 though, as their best win is Notre Dame at home. So yeah, I think the jury should certainly still be out on OSU, and all 4 of those teams could give them a game. Ending your season against 4 top 25 teams or programs is no easy task no matter who you are.

I think all of those teams can give OSU a game but OSU is clearly better than any of those teams and I really don't think PSU or OSU will be able to move the ball on OSU and Tressel owns Carr. If Illinois had OSU at home I would feel much better about that game but I'm not sure this team is ready to go on the road and get that type of win. Although they've surprised me already this year.

Man isn't college football great!!!

How many of you would have taken bets if I told you that USC and LSU would lose tonight and Notre Dame would win???

Yes, I know that hasn't happened yet, but the mere possibility is what makes it so much fun.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 6, 2007 -> 09:53 PM)
I wouldn't be surprised to see OSU run the table. There is no reason they shouldn't be able to handle Illinois, Wisky, PSU, and Michigan.

Wouldn't it be crazy for OSU to go undefeated and win it all this year, after losing so many players from last year's great team? Then again, something like that wouldn't be unprecedented. Tennessee's NC came the year after Peyton Manning graduated.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Oct 6, 2007 -> 10:21 PM)
Man isn't college football great!!!

How many of you would have taken bets if I told you that USC and LSU would lose tonight and Notre Dame would win???

Yes, I know that hasn't happened yet, but the mere possibility is what makes it so much fun.

I would have.

I did take Stanford and won a couple hundred

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 6, 2007 -> 10:05 PM)

You mean the WU that took USC to the line?

OSU isnt the best team in the country, but is the best in the weak ass big Ten

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Oct 6, 2007 -> 10:24 PM)
Wouldn't it be crazy for OSU to go undefeated and win it all this year, after losing so many players from last year's great team? Then again, something like that wouldn't be unprecedented. Tennessee's NC came the year after Peyton Manning graduated.

8 first team big ten players. yet charliee Weis gets a bye for losing Brady Quinn. Shows you how much on different levels OSU is than ND

f*** you Stanford for stealing any spotlight Missouri might have. We skullf***ed Nebraska (yes, I like that term heads and really wanted to use that statement) and since it was such a bad game no one really cares. It will be interesting to see what they do with Mizzou in the polls considering that Illinois win keeps looking better.

Thank you, LSU, for officially ending any of Florida's hopes for returning to the National Championship as a 1-loss team!!! And how about the Vols smashing Georgia! Everybody in Knoxville was expecting to get our ass kicked, but I always had a good feeling about that game.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Oct 7, 2007 -> 08:42 AM)
f*** you Stanford for stealing any spotlight Missouri might have. We skullf***ed Nebraska (yes, I like that term heads and really wanted to use that statement) and since it was such a bad game no one really cares. It will be interesting to see what they do with Mizzou in the polls considering that Illinois win keeps looking better.

amen brotha. The game was so crazy, the crowd was going nuts(for a mizzou game that is special) and the night game was tight (ended around midnight!). Slaughterage. T Rucker is sick.

QUOTE(bmags @ Oct 7, 2007 -> 10:07 AM)
amen brotha. The game was so crazy, the crowd was going nuts(for a mizzou game that is special) and the night game was tight (ended around midnight!). Slaughterage. T Rucker is sick.

If the ball is within 10 feet of Coffman, he will find a way to catch it. Chase is just one hell of a college football player and I can't wait for him to get some more Heisman hype. I think 11th in the ESPN/USA Today and 12th in the AP, but I wouldn't be surprised to be in the top ten. Sweet night last night.

Mendenhall now ranks 5th in the NCAA in rushing yards, with a better YPC than anyone above him and better than anyone within 10 below him. He is also 2nd in rushing TDs with more receiving TDs than anyone tied or ahead of him.

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Oct 7, 2007 -> 05:09 PM)
Mendenhall now ranks 5th in the NCAA in rushing yards, with a better YPC than anyone above him and better than anyone within 10 below him. He is also 2nd in rushing TDs with more receiving TDs than anyone tied or ahead of him.

He'd be a serious Heisman candidate if he had any media hype whatsoever.

Martez Wilson played some defensive end, nickel cornerback, and linebacker yesterday. I don't think I've ever heard of anything like that before in my entire life. And the fact that Illinois and Indiana might be playing games in January while Iowa and Notre Dame sit at home is another thing that tells me just how fun this season is. Wow.