Official College Football Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Nov 10, 2007 -> 06:32 PM)
The BCS is just f'd this year.

Only if Kansas squeaks by with a couple of fluky wins....

I think Oregon and LSU have consistently been the two best teams this year. If they take care of business, they'll be there.

Or at least one of them will be there against a finally tested Kansas club.

The worst scenario right now if for kansas to go undefeated in wholly unimpressive fashion. If they stomp OKySt and beat Mizzou, then take care of OU/TEX in the B12 championship, they deserve to be there.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Nov 10, 2007 -> 05:52 PM)
Only if Kansas squeaks by with a couple of fluky wins....

I think Oregon and LSU have consistently been the two best teams this year. If they take care of business, they'll be there.

Or at least one of them will be there against a finally tested Kansas club.

The worst scenario right now if for kansas to go undefeated in wholly unimpressive fashion. If they stomp OKySt and beat Mizzou, then take care of OU/TEX in the B12 championship, they deserve to be there.

Ya, Kansas isn't going undefeated(sorry Jimbo). I agree that it would be Oregon and LSU but there is a possibility that 4-5ish teams finish with 1 loss. No matter what, you're still going to get a lot of argument somewhere, that's a lot of teams who could sort of make a case.

Well, even if we lose to Michigan, im pretty happy with our performance this season during a rebuilding year. Not too many teams can graduate 8 first team all conference players and be back in the national title hunt. With 20 starters returning next season I would say we should be the favorite in the Big Ten and one of the favorites in the nation.

The best thing about the Illini win isn't the running game over the best run defense (although it's nice). It's not the play of "Juice." It's that J Leman THOROUGHLY OUTPLAYED James Laurinitis and made the Butkus voters look stupid. I don't know how many of you heard the stat that Nessler said that Leman had led the Big Ten in tackles for the last 18 weeks. And he gets no dap...ok, well a little dap, but not as much as Laurinitis.

Leman was a freakin' monster...and I've been waiting for a win like this since I went to college...in the 90's!

I-L-L-I-N-I!!!!!!

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Nov 10, 2007 -> 10:29 PM)
God i hate Illinois. Need to bounce back big time next week and DO WORK! I really don't think were the best team but i want to be in that title game!

Ah, it wasnt supposed to even be a title contending year. Bringing back alot of guys, plus alot of impact freshman like Saine will be a year older.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Nov 11, 2007 -> 12:09 AM)
Because Kansas isn't good. There, I said it.

Last undefeated BCS team, I'll at least give him consideration.

I really want us to f*** up KU's season after we blew it against them two years ago.

I think we'll give em at least a decent quarter. I'm hoping, pulling for more.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Nov 11, 2007 -> 12:25 AM)
Last undefeated BCS team, I'll at least give him consideration.

I really want us to f*** up KU's season after we blew it against them two years ago.

I think we'll give em at least a decent quarter. I'm hoping, pulling for more.

Yeah, I've decided that Kansas isn't a top 10 team. However, they are the most consistent team in the country, by a lot. They still haven't had a big win, they've had mediocre wins in relatively hard places to play, that's about it. Still, they are the best in the country (or damn close) in penalties against and turnover margin. Multiple times in their close games, all they have needed to lose momentum is a big turnover. It's yet to happen.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Nov 11, 2007 -> 12:09 AM)
Because Kansas isn't good. There, I said it.

For someone who is always talking about how good Mizzou is thats pretty ridiculous of you to say.. I hope that deep down, you really understand that Missouri just isn't that good either..

I don't get why Kansas is catching s*** because they have been doing everything right.. how can you say they don't deserve it? They are 10-0, but they aren't good? Well when I look at the little #4 next to their name thats a pretty big statement for a team thats not even good. Someones gotta be voting for Kansas, how else would they get there?

Missouri squeaked by Illinois mostly in part of the turnovers, but a wins a win. Then they faced three s***ty teams in a row before starting conference play. Kansas has taken care of business in conference play, Missouri lost to the only good Big 12 team they have played so far.

I fully expect Kansas to beat Iowa State AND Missouri.. so far they have crushed everyone they have played at home.. and not just the non conference cup cakes either.. They have outscored their opponents 348-72 in 6 home games this year.. They will clobber Iowa State, and then Missouri comes to town and Kansas will win that game as well..

But come on Dan, Kansas is 10-0.. don't try to say they aren't good. And I hardly think blaming their success this season by not committing a big turn over in close games means anything. Thats more of a reason to just prove that they are good.

Wheres Missouri's big win though? Kansas doesn't have one, so where is Mizzou's? The only one I can see is the win against the Juiceless Illini who turned the ball over 5 times including a 100 yard fumble return and a game ending pick after driving down to the 22 for an attempt to win the game. Other than that game, Missouri has done nothing Kansas hasnt done.. well, except lose a game of course..

Well, everyone was right. Illinois was the best team tOSU had played all year, tOSU was a fraud all along, and the Big 10 sucks. But damnit I don't care, Illinois won at #1 and they did it by shoving the ball down their f***ing throat in the 4th quarter. They played an almost perfect game, they overcame injuries, it was amazing. And that postgame interview with Zook is all you need to see to know why he recruits so well. Some general thoughts:

-Outside of Leman, the defensive MVP was Marcus Thomas. The mighty mite true freshman played at the level of Vontae Davis, and perhaps exceeded it. His play was amazing.

-The Iowa game taught Mike Locksley a lesson, and I'm glad he learned it. Against Iowa, Illinois lost due to sticking with the option all game, and Iowa's speed killed them. Today, it was inside running all game to neutralize the Ohio State speed and take advantage of Illinois' amazing O-line. Well done.

-If Juice Williams can be accurate on the downfield pass like he was today, and on play action at the goal line, the Illinois offense is unstoppable. That's right, unstoppable. I don't know how any team in the country can stop the Illinois offense if Juice hits the big plays like he did today.

-Ron Zook outcoached Jim Tressel, Illinois had the ball 13:45 of 15:00 in the 4th quarter, and Illinois outplayed and beat #1 on the road. Never thought I'd see any of those things, let alone all of them in one game.

-Ohio State's wide receivers SUCK. Boeckman wasn't very good today, but he had NOWHERE to throw the ball, and outside of a blown coverage on the first play, the passing game of Ohio State was a laughable joke. It's hard to run on Illinois', but Tressel didn't try to do it enough, and a lot of the rushing yards were on Boeckman scrambles when the pass wasn't there.

-It was nice that Ohio State came out for a fight after the game. I guess getting their ass kicked once all day by turnovers and the Illinois offense wasn't enough, they wanted to do it again after the game. Real classy guys, and don't give me the "block O" bull s***. Illinois just beat #1 on the road, they can celebrate, and if you don't like it, quit worrying about the Michigan game.

-Ron Zook for Pope.

Oh, and Charlie Weis is a fine coach. Does he still think his team has a "distinct tactical edge going into every game"?? At least he was able to win with Tyrone's bad recruits.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 11, 2007 -> 02:30 AM)
Well, everyone was right. Illinois was the best team tOSU had played all year, tOSU was a fraud all along, and the Big 10 sucks. But damnit I don't care, Illinois won at #1 and they did it by shoving the ball down their f***ing throat in the 4th quarter. They played an almost perfect game, they overcame injuries, it was amazing. And that postgame interview with Zook is all you need to see to know why he recruits so well. Some general thoughts:

-Outside of Leman, the defensive MVP was Marcus Thomas. The mighty mite true freshman played at the level of Vontae Davis, and perhaps exceeded it. His play was amazing.

-The Iowa game taught Mike Locksley a lesson, and I'm glad he learned it. Against Iowa, Illinois lost due to sticking with the option all game, and Iowa's speed killed them. Today, it was inside running all game to neutralize the Ohio State speed and take advantage of Illinois' amazing O-line. Well done.

-If Juice Williams can be accurate on the downfield pass like he was today, and on play action at the goal line, the Illinois offense is unstoppable. That's right, unstoppable. I don't know how any team in the country can stop the Illinois offense if Juice hits the big plays like he did today.

-Ron Zook outcoached Jim Tressel, Illinois had the ball 13:45 of 15:00 in the 4th quarter, and Illinois outplayed and beat #1 on the road. Never thought I'd see any of those things, let alone all of them in one game.

-Ohio State's wide receivers SUCK. Boeckman wasn't very good today, but he had NOWHERE to throw the ball, and outside of a blown coverage on the first play, the passing game of Ohio State was a laughable joke. It's hard to run on Illinois', but Tressel didn't try to do it enough, and a lot of the rushing yards were on Boeckman scrambles when the pass wasn't there.

-It was nice that Ohio State came out for a fight after the game. I guess getting their ass kicked once all day by turnovers and the Illinois offense wasn't enough, they wanted to do it again after the game. Real classy guys, and don't give me the "block O" bull s***. Illinois just beat #1 on the road, they can celebrate, and if you don't like it, quit worrying about the Michigan game.

-Ron Zook for Pope.

Oh, and Charlie Weis is a fine coach. Does he still think his team has a "distinct tactical edge going into every game"?? At least he was able to win with Tyrone's bad recruits.

those racist bastards at notre dame will probably give him another contract extension. Good win illini!!!

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Nov 11, 2007 -> 10:47 AM)
it's good to see Ron Zook get a big win like that. sometimes I think he got the raw end of the deal in Florida.

He DID get a raw deal... especially considering Urban Meyer won the National Title with Zooks players

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Nov 10, 2007 -> 09:24 PM)
Glad Wisconsin actually played again today. This season has been a real shame in terms of expectations versus results, but ah well. Most of the team should return next year, and I really like Lance Smith.

Im guessing OSU wins next week, Michigan just didnt look that good.

Michigan won't look that good without Hart and Henne. Their chances next week rely completely on those two players ability to perform. Their D better show up a helluva lot better than they did yesterday too.