Official College Football Thread

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Oct 13, 2007 -> 06:22 PM)
Yep, it was an irritating game. Refs blew the interception by Deunta early on and SC held on at the end. I'm excited about UNC football for the first time since Mack left. Led by freshman and sophomores everywhere.

Rashard (sp?) Mason playing any for UNC? I know Michigan wanted him because he has loads of potential, but I wasn't sure if he was ready to play right away.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 13, 2007 -> 08:10 PM)
I officially give up on college football this year. As long as Illinois gets their 7 or 8 wins and makes a bowl, I'm happy. This season is just too bizarre. Congrats to Iowa, they played a great strategy against the option and Illinois otherwise couldn't get out of it's own way.

Did all of your hopes and dreams for this season come crashing down due to the loss by Illinois?

If Cal loses say hello to your #1 ranked buckeyes for the second straight season.

Rashard (sp?) Mason playing any for UNC? I know Michigan wanted him because he has loads of potential, but I wasn't sure if he was ready to play right away.

Rashad is actually red-shirting. UNC is blessed with WR talent thankfully. I'm not sure if Mason will bulk up to a TE at his 6'5-6'6 current size or not.

QUOTE(Brian @ Oct 13, 2007 -> 10:01 PM)
SIU just can't win AT Northern Iowa...ever!

Five yards away from tying it as time expires.

So, apparently after McCarney resigned, Bobby Stoops called our AD and said something to the effect of "you made a big mistake - we're gonna try and run it up on you if at all possible this year."

Expect Oklahoma to cover what will likely be a 40-45 point spread to begin with.

My thoughts for the day:

1) The Grove at Ole Miss the the best tailgaiting experience ever. Spent the whole day in Oxford, MS for the 1st time in 3 years, and it just reinforced my feeling that when it comes to tailgaiting, Ole Miss does it better than anyone else.

2) All you Illinois fans out there, let Iowa fans live it up now b/c in another year or two, y'all will be crushing Iowa... And they know that, which is why all these Illini-haters are gonna talk s*** while they still can.

3) The SEC is so good as a whole. It's unreal.

QUOTE(dasox24 @ Oct 14, 2007 -> 02:14 AM)
3) The SEC is so good as a whole. It's unreal.

HA! That's funny. It's very overrated this year.

Oh and for those of you who didn't see the game (which is probably most of you), Mizzou outgained Oklahoma and led in the 4th quarter in Norman. They had 4 turnovers and still scored 31 points. They are for real and can beat the Sooners despite what everyone thinks who didn't see the game. It sure was fun to see the OU fans think it was going to be an easy win for them and all of a sudden they were s***ting themselves and swearing at their defense. I'm proud of the way Mizzou played and as long and draining as the trip to smelly Norman was (seriously, it's terrible), I'd do it all over again. The people in Oklahoma weren't bad other than a few idiots, and their cockiness settled down once they realized they really had to work for a home game. Hopefully we can see them in San Antonio and beat them, I know they can do it.

disappointing loss for illinois, but not terribly surprising. they were due for a letdown after two huge emotional wins at home. it obviously sucks especially since with a win there was a good chance of gameday being in town next week, but i am trying to look at the big picture. prior to this season i thought we'd be lucky to get five wins, six tops. with five wins already and games against northwestern, ball state, and minnesota still on the schedule, an 8-win season is a strong, strong possibility. if you'd have told me that before the year i might have wet my pants.

and a question for a few of the michigan fans here: what is hart's status heading into next week?

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Oct 14, 2007 -> 10:14 AM)
SO, uh yeah go Bucks. I cant believe that we graduated 8 first team all big ten players and are back in the #1 slot. I have said it over and over that I dont think that they are even a top 5 team in the country, but I guess we will see.

I don't really think there is a "top 5" team in the country right now. This year seems so balanced that the Top 10 is a joke. Teams that in normal years would never sniff the top 10 are visiting for a week or two. This year it is truly going to be the two teams that survive better than the others.

That said, I hope OSU stays undefeated until they trek to Ann Arbor and get their asses kicked. Note that is not a prediction, just a wish.

BCS Standings:

1. Ohio State: .942 average

2. South Florida: .920 average

3. Boston College: .891 average

4. LSU: .840 average

5. Oklahoma: .762 average

6. South Carolina: .743 average

7. Kentucky: .683 average

8. Arizona State: .683 average

9. West Virginia: .662 average

10. Oregon: .637 average

11. West Virginia

12. Cal

13. Kansas

14. USC

15. Florida

16. Missouri

17. Auburn

18. Hawaii

19. Virginia

20. Georgia

21. Tennessee

22. Texas

23. Cincinnati

24. Texas Tech

25. Michigan

To put this in perspective, the last time before today the Vikings had won at the Bears was in October of 2000. In October of 2000, South Florida was a 1-AA team in the middle of their 4th season having ANY football team at all, as they played their first game as a football team only 10 years ago in 1997 as a 1-AA team.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(dasox24 @ Oct 14, 2007 -> 02:14 AM)
2) All you Illinois fans out there, let Iowa fans live it up now b/c in another year or two, y'all will be crushing Iowa... And they know that, which is why all these Illini-haters are gonna talk s*** while they still can.

You do realize this team is one of the youngest in the B10 and has half their offense and their defensive leader hurt for extended periods of time?

Oh and that Kirk Ferentz guy is pretty good