Mike Myers Signs/ Andy Gonzalez optioned to Charlotte

JenksForPrez45

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would not be a surprise for several reasons.

1. Myers has always been on Williams' radar, for several years now.

2. He is from the suburban area and still maintains a home here as far as I know.

3. Not a bad idea to see if this guy has anything left in the tank. He's been awful against lefties this year but

over the years he's been pretty good at his role.

4. If they think he's got something left and can sign him for '08 it gives them more flexibility.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 19, 2007 -> 07:52 PM)
A 38 year old LOOGY who can't get out left hand hitters anymore who evidently no contending teams wanted for league minimum. This really is a ridiculous signing.

It's moments like this where I just have to wonder, would it REALLY be that difficult to take this amount and place it towards players in the amateur draft who may be seeking an overslot bonus of a hundred thousand or so?

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Aug 19, 2007 -> 07:55 PM)
It should be noted that there is an option for next year. I was wondering why Rotoworld was calling it a one year deal.

Well, that changes this signing slightly.

Although I still don't like how we're taking appearances away from Logan. You know damn well Guillen will prefer the veteran.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 19, 2007 -> 08:00 PM)
It's moments like this where I just have to wonder, would it REALLY be that difficult to take this amount and place it towards players in the amateur draft who may be seeking an overslot bonus of a hundred thousand or so?

Or even a lower round pick or 2 that would sign for an extra $30k and could turn into something. With all the teams looking for relief help, a team in last place with no playoff chance signs this guy. I wonder if this means Thornton is out of here either now or this offseason. I would much prefer Thornton to Myers. This signing makes less sense than the Jeff Nelson signing last year.

Edited by Dick Allen

I saw at the end of the story on Chisox.com that Myers had a 2.66 ERA in 55 games with the Yanks? He was then released?! I don't follow other teams much and muck like Ozzie I don't look at stats a lot either, but that is a pretty good record for someone getting canned by the Yankmees. Is this a true stat?

Edited by elrockinMT