Chris Rongey Ripped by Fellow Score Employee

Dmoskos23

Was just listening to The Score about 30 min ago and finally heard someone call out the WhiteSox Pre and Post Game Host Chris Rongey! Jason Goff said he can't stand listening to Rongey apologize for the entire WhiteSox orginization for such an embarassing season in 2007. He also mentioned how Rongey never says anything bad about the WhiteSox, which personally drives me crazy. Yesterday I heard him say the WhiteSox are prob gonna keep the majority of this team in place, because they're better then they've been playing. What A Joke!

Anyways Chris Rongey later called into the station like the loser he is and tried to defend himself by saying he doesn't need the job he only does it for the fans. Then Goff called him Reinsdorf's apologist to his face and added that he prob sits in his house with his blankey every nite thinking of excuses to use for the following day! LOL! IT was hilarious! Chris Rongey is a F**** Loser

I miss Wills. He was nothing special but he was listenable unlike the last two guys. Rongey just talks and talks and rants. Very monotonous. Take some calls or something.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 26, 2007 -> 04:03 PM)
Wills was about a billion times better than Mr. Rongey. If anything it's nice to have a die hard Sox fan doing the show.

Personally I always liked the guy. I still think he would be better than most of the broadcasters we have in the booth now. But I do remember the "homer" slam always being applied to Dave as well.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 26, 2007 -> 05:16 PM)
Personally I always liked the guy. I still think he would be better than most of the broadcasters we have in the booth now. But I do remember the "homer" slam always being applied to Dave as well.

Anyone who has that job is going to hear that complaint. Fans expect these guys to go off after every game, and they overlook constructive criticism.

QUOTE(spiderman @ Aug 26, 2007 -> 10:32 PM)
Anyone who has that job is going to hear that complaint. Fans expect these guys to go off after every game, and they overlook constructive criticism.

I agree....but Rongey is just so ridiculous, it's insulting to Sox fans.

Wills used to blame the players more. I am thinking of when he went off on Koch after that meltdown in Seattle on Sunday night baseball.

QUOTE(3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 @ Aug 26, 2007 -> 05:49 PM)
Rongey is fine, I've heard him rip the team before, but he has to keep some sanity, have you ever heard some of the f***ing morons that call that postgame show?

yeah rongey really does have a difficult job...he has to deal with so many dumb callers calling out of pure anger and emotion.....besides i hate jason goff....hes a moron

QUOTE(spiderman @ Aug 26, 2007 -> 05:11 PM)
I have no issues with Rongey. Maybe he doesn't rant like some would prefer, but I have heard many post game shows where he offers constructive criticism of the team.

I agree with this.

Also, I say it's a good thing he's a Cards fan. If the Sox fans who call into that show are any indication then I don't want a diehard Sox fan on the radio. Wills was the exception but now he's gone. I think if you put a diehard in that situation it will be almost as annoying as that Pat and Tony show which I believe lasted almost half as long as "The Marine" lasted in theatres.