Here's to Frank Thomas.

Steve9347

Here's my opinion on Frank and the whole issue:

Frank Thomas has been one of the few clean power hitters during the Steroid Era as well as a leader in the movement to get steroids out of baseball. In 1992 through about 1995 he was arguably the best hitter in baseball, however other players began taking steroids and belting out 40, 50, 60 home runs like it was nothing, while Thomas suffered through an array of injuries during the time while all these other players were becoming superstars because of their seemingly amazing feats. Thomas has managed to hit 500+ home runs over his career howver because of the abundance of players that are doing that now because of the juice he is somehow not even considered a first ballot hall of famer by many. How would you feel if you did something completely clean, yet YOU were the one being punished because you didn't cheat? This is the predicament Thomas faces and I think we should all comend him for doing it the right way, and if he is not a first ballot hall of famer that would be a true symbol of everything that has been wrong with baseball during this time, it's not the ones who cheated getting punished, it's the ones who were clean.

QUOTE(GOD @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 05:45 PM)
Here's my opinion on Frank and the whole issue:

Frank Thomas has been one of the few clean power hitters during the Steroid Era as well as a leader in the movement to get steroids out of baseball. In 1992 through about 1995 he was arguably the best hitter in baseball, however other players began taking steroids and belting out 40, 50, 60 home runs like it was nothing, while Thomas suffered through an array of injuries during the time while all these other players were becoming superstars because of their seemingly amazing feats. Thomas has managed to hit 500+ home runs over his career howver because of the abundance of players that are doing that now because of the juice he is somehow not even considered a first ballot hall of famer by many. How would you feel if you did something completely clean, yet YOU were the one being punished because you didn't cheat? This is the predicament Thomas faces and I think we should all comend him for doing it the right way, and if he is not a first ballot hall of famer that would be a true symbol of everything that has been wrong with baseball during this time, it's not the ones who cheated getting punished, it's the ones who were clean.

the word of GOD

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 07:03 PM)
Yep Frank was robbed in 2000 by Mr. Roids himself (Giambi). Frank is and always will be Mr. White Sox in my book. Hopefully he ends his career strong in Toronto this season.

Quoted for truth. If we're out of it and looking for something to cheer for, I must say we'll have to tune into Frank and see some real baseball being played. Who knows, maybe we'll have him traded to us at the deadline to retire as a member of the White Sox? (That is, if Toronto sucks this year and Thome is hurt/traded.)

I have a lot of respect for Frank. As one other poster said, he is also the reason I became a sox fan. I was sorry to see them let him go the way they did.

I second this. The reason I'm a Sox fan today is because of the big hurt and I was really upset the way KW handled his leaving the Sox. Frank means more to this franchise then you KW and don't you forget that.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Dec 14, 2007 -> 02:16 AM)
That report is a joke. Obviously more players used steroids than got named.

Name em all or name none.

They named who they could based on the evidence they could get and the people that would cooperate. They made it very clear that it wasn't a definitive list.

Frank is the main reason I went from being a casual baseball fan, to an avid ChiSox fan. I watched him in the SEC down here in my part of the country, and thought "Good lord this guy is a monster. He is going to crush the ball in the bigs."

Here we are 18 or so years later, and the man has done everything the right way in the game, and deserves to not even have to sweat a first time ballot entry into the HOF.

Cheers to you, Mr. Frank Thomas

:cheers