Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just got the bill for my new phone.Turns out I had $300 in overages on the internet because I bought the cheapest package.But U.S. Cell being as awesome as they are made that bill pretty much dissappear because I didnt understand the deal I had bought. :headbang

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 05:27 PM)
Haha and my class just finished Jaws yesterday, by the way, that really is a fantastic movie.

I run a sea base and that has been our Thursday night tradition. Jaws, outdoors, with my 800W sound system and the base really thumping.

QUOTE (greasywheels121 @ May 1, 2008 -> 03:17 PM)
I am officially done with school forever; I walk on Saturday.

I'm excited/scared/anxious/happy/sad/confused/awesome all at the same time.

Congrats! That's super awesome!

And one small piece of advice: Don't go to grad school.

QUOTE (greasywheels121 @ May 1, 2008 -> 02:17 PM)

I'd be excited to get away from THAT school as well. :lol:

QUOTE (greasywheels121 @ May 1, 2008 -> 02:17 PM)

Ah, it was only 2.5 years ago that I walked. My how life changes.

QUOTE (greasywheels121 @ May 1, 2008 -> 01:17 PM)

Congrats, man. Now we're going to be neighbors. :lol:

Attention you, the person who decides to bring a 3 month old little girl, and a 3 year old boy to the 10:30 showing of Iron Man on a Friday night. To make matters worse, the baby starts to cry during the movie. Do you walk out with the little girl. No, you let it scream telling it shush while you pass the popcorn. The 3 year old awakens from his slumber to start screaming at the end because of the big Iron monster on the screen scared him. What the f*** is wrong with you as a parent. What selfish drive do you have that you can't say, well if I cant get a baby sitter maybe I shouldn't go to the movie and ruin everyone elses time. I am a parent of two young children and I try to be very courteous of those around me who don't have children and are out to have a good time. If I cannot get a baby sitter, I stay home. When you have children your priorities change. The center of the universe stops being you. If something cool comes up and you dont have a baby sitter, maybe you sit it out. Its not fun, sure. But these are some of the responsibilities we share as parents. My only solitude tonight is that your child will most likely keep you up afraid of the big red monster shooting stuff from his hands.

You the moronic kids who forget that this in fact is a movie, and that technology for real time interactive movies has not be developed yet. The images on that screen are 2D images projected from the rear of the movie theater. Notice the big white light from the back of the theater. So your yelling to move, duck or watch out behind you only annoy those around you. The characters on the screen cannot hear your warnings. In fact, they are actors and are not in real danger.

And finally you, the person who doesnt plan for the premier weekend and shows up exactly as the movie starts. Do not come to my row and ask that I move to your seat 3 rows in front of the large screen so my neck can be sore for a month, just so you and your girly and your friends can sit together. I came to the movie theater an hour and a half before the movie started so I can get my killer seats exactly where I wanted them. Sorry you didnt plan accordingly. And please because you are wearing a cubs hat, and I am wearing a sox hat do you think that I am poor, and that you can bribe me for 5 bucks. I probably pay more in taxes than you make in a year cub fan, so f*** off and get me my TPS reports asshole

Outside of that the movie was great.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 3, 2008 -> 12:50 AM)

Attention you, the person who decides to bring a 3 month old little girl, and a 3 year old boy to the 10:30 showing of Iron Man on a Friday night. To make matters worse, the baby starts to cry during the movie. Do you walk out with the little girl. No, you let it scream telling it shush while you pass the popcorn. The 3 year old awakens from his slumber to start screaming at the end because of the big Iron monster on the screen scared him. What the f*** is wrong with you as a parent. What selfish drive do you have that you can't say, well if I cant get a baby sitter maybe I shouldn't go to the movie and ruin everyone elses time. I am a parent of two young children and I try to be very courteous of those around me who don't have children and are out to have a good time. If I cannot get a baby sitter, I stay home. When you have children your priorities change. The center of the universe stops being you. If something cool comes up and you dont have a baby sitter, maybe you sit it out. Its not fun, sure. But these are some of the responsibilities we share as parents. My only solitude tonight is that your child will most likely keep you up afraid of the big red monster shooting stuff from his hands.

You the moronic kids who forget that this in fact is a movie, and that technology for real time interactive movies has not be developed yet. The images on that screen are 2D images projected from the rear of the movie theater. Notice the big white light from the back of the theater. So your yelling to move, duck or watch out behind you only annoy those around you. The characters on the screen cannot hear your warnings. In fact, they are actors and are not in real danger.

And finally you, the person who doesnt plan for the premier weekend and shows up exactly as the movie starts. Do not come to my row and ask that I move to your seat 3 rows in front of the large screen so my neck can be sore for a month, just so you and your girly and your friends can sit together. I came to the movie theater an hour and a half before the movie started so I can get my killer seats exactly where I wanted them. Sorry you didnt plan accordingly. And please because you are wearing a cubs hat, and I am wearing a sox hat do you think that I am poor, and that you can bribe me for 5 bucks. I probably pay more in taxes than you make in a year cub fan, so f*** off and get me my TPS reports asshole

Sounds like a fun night.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 2, 2008 -> 11:50 PM)

This reminds me... having had many similar experiences, I always thought that if I had the capital to invest, I had a great idea for a theater experience. You build a more or less normal theatre, but the entrance has a very small bar. You can only enter if you are 21, period. You only have a very narrow selection of beers, and few seats, and you don't allow the booze into the theatre. You then also have an usher who actually stays IN the theatre for each movie, and actually tells people to be quiet if necessary (and asks them to leave, also, if necessary). You also make the warnings much more pronounced that if you start talking or annoying people or using your damn phone, you will be asked to leave (and then actually follow through). The overage you make on the booze sales could help with the extra usher costs, or you even add a dollar or two to the movie price.

What do you get? A theater with adults in it, no kids, and a respectful audience. All for a dollar or two more per person. I would gladly pay that difference for the experience.

You could also do this as only part of the theatre - these X number of screens are on the other side of the bar, the rest can be normal screens for families, teenagers, etc.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 3, 2008 -> 09:50 AM)
The overage you make on the booze sales could help with the extra usher costs, or you even add a dollar or two to the movie price.

What do you get? A theater with adults in it, no kids, and a respectful audience. All for a dollar or two more per person. I would gladly pay that difference for the experience.

You could also do this as only part of the theatre - these X number of screens are on the other side of the bar, the rest can be normal screens for families, teenagers, etc.

There's a theater here that restricts sales to anyone under 13. They have only PG-13 or R rated movies there.

No children under 13 are allowed in the theater. Even with parents.

The "kids" theater is in another part of town.

They charge like, 2 bucks more, but have nice surround sound and comfy chairs. So, the only annoyance is the occasional cell phone going off.

QUOTE (knightni @ May 3, 2008 -> 07:56 AM)
There's a theater here that restricts sales to anyone under 13. They have only PG-13 or R rated movies there.

They charge like, 2 bucks more, but have nice surround sound and comfy chairs. So, the only annoyance is the occasional cell phone going off.

The normal teenagers is one thing, I don't understand the toddler and baby phenomenon at the theater for the late night movie. I have been to midnight movies and have had people with babies and toddlers at the movies. This baby/toddler thing started about a year ago.

Sounds good to me. I wonder if there is a theater like that in the Chicago area.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 2, 2008 -> 11:50 PM)

Im interested in exactly how you told Mr Cubs fan to f*** off ;)

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 3, 2008 -> 10:49 AM)
They should make movie theaters with walls made of lead that are 4 ft thick. Perhaps that would block all cell phone signals.

Without a doubt. I even hate when a guy two rows in front of me opens his phone to check the time. Like nobody is going to notice this big bright light besides the screen in a dark room.

So I'm studying for finals and the TV is on but the sound is down. I look up and it's my theology professor from Marquette talking about God on the History Channel. Still had that crazy beard.

Backstory: A guy who was a regular at the bar I work at and was a Marine tried to rejoin the Corps in 2003. The Corps turned him down because he was too old, so he enlisted in the Army. Good guy, just didn't like civilian life and thought he could still make a difference.

He came in yesterday, back from Iraq for 3-6 months, he thinks. We talked for a while and he's happy as hell, tells some good stories. He asks if there is any meat in one of our new menu items.

Me: "Sure, beef and pork."

His face lit up and he said, "I want those, then. Since I've been back, I try to eat pork every day!"

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 4, 2008 -> 03:13 PM)
This will probably only interest a few of us here, but there is a new twist in the Spiderman comic book universe, a new character calling himself Anti-Venom

http://comics.ign.com/articles/870/870929p1.html

Hah, Mcfarlane should be able to sue the cr@p out of them. The mask is almost the exact reverse of Spawn mask.

Grow the f*** up.

Y'all need to do movies the Texas way. :cheers

A REEL ORIGINAL

The first Alamo Drafthouse Cinema opened its doors in the heart of Texas in 1997. A unique combination of theater and restaurant, the Alamo shows the best first-run and independent films and offers an extensive menu of fresh, handmade dishes and a wide selection of beer and wine. :cheers

Imagine a traditional movie theater where rows of seats alternate with bench-style tables. Once seated, customers order from a menu that offers hamburgers, fresh salads and pizza, as well as beer and wine. :cheers A friendly wait staff takes their orders and brings the food to their seats. Customers can continue to order during the movie by writing their request on paper and attaching it to clips on their table. The waiters quietly collect and deliver these orders without distracting from the movie.

In addition to offering this comfortable, full-service environment, the Alamo is recognized worldwide for is eclectic programming, award-winning food, and one-of-a-kind special events. Everyone who visits the Alamo agrees: It’s not just a movie, it’s an experience.

“The Alamo is way cool.” Quentin Tarantino, Director – Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill

“It’s a real pleasure to be at an Alamo Drafthouse Cinema.” William Friedkin, Director – French Connection, The Exorcist

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 3, 2008 -> 08:50 AM)
This reminds me... having had many similar experiences, I always thought that if I had the capital to invest, I had a great idea for a theater experience. You build a more or less normal theatre, but the entrance has a very small bar. You can only enter if you are 21, period. You only have a very narrow selection of beers, and few seats, and you don't allow the booze into the theatre. You then also have an usher who actually stays IN the theatre for each movie, and actually tells people to be quiet if necessary (and asks them to leave, also, if necessary). You also make the warnings much more pronounced that if you start talking or annoying people or using your damn phone, you will be asked to leave (and then actually follow through). The overage you make on the booze sales could help with the extra usher costs, or you even add a dollar or two to the movie price.

I see enormous Dram Shop problems with this. It might work, but it'd be a problem making money.

Edited by Mplssoxfan