2008 MLB Catch-All Thread

knightni

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 05:21 PM)
That was amazing.

5-0 with a 0.96 ERA. That kind of production won't last and he'll likely have a rough patch where his numbers regress to the means, but he is proving to be a formidable lefty starter for them again, which is a big deal.

Micah Owings #'s are more impressive to me though:

4-0 with a 3.48 ERA

.421 average, 1 HR, 4 RBI, over 1.000 OPS.

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (jackie hayes @ May 2, 2008 -> 01:52 PM)
Yovani Gallardo has a torn ACL.

I think I'm going to cry.

The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports that Yovani Gallardo has a torn ACL.

An examination of Gallardo in Milwaukee on Friday morning revealed the injury, which Gallardo suffered in a collision with Reed Johnson on Thursday. The team will wait until swelling subsides to determine if he needs surgery, but there's a good chance he'll miss the rest of the season. Dave Bush will be recalled and replace him in the rotation. May. 2 - 2:34 pm et

That sucks the big one.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 3, 2008 -> 08:10 PM)
I wouldn't want to face anyone in that Diamondbacks rotation anyways though.

Owings is without question better than anybody in the Cubs' rotation save Zambrano. And he's like their 4th best starter.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 4, 2008 -> 01:42 AM)
I'd take Owings easily over anybody in the Cubs' rotation save Zambrano.

Why? He's not exactly a stellar pitcher. I would bet money Dempster ends up with a better ERA.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 4, 2008 -> 02:47 AM)
Of course you would. He's a Cub. If he were on the Sox you would demand that Kenny/Ozzie be fired for having him in our rotation.

Yeah, that 3.16 ERA, 1.11 WHIP, and .173 batting average makes me think he should be out of the rotation. 4 of Owings 6 starts have been against the offensive powerhouses of the Giants/Padres/Dodgers to account for a 4.66 ERA. I like Owings, but he wouldn't even be higher than a 5th starter in the AL.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ May 4, 2008 -> 02:49 AM)
Yeah, that 3.16 ERA, 1.11 WHIP, and .173 batting average makes me think he should be out of the rotation. 4 of Owings 6 starts have been against the offensive powerhouses of the Giants/Padres/Dodgers to account for a 4.66 ERA. I like Owings, but he wouldn't even be higher than a 5th starter in the AL.

LOL -- funniest post ever. You've had a banner week making a big deal out of one month of the season for multiple players. Keep up the good work.

QUOTE (CWSGuy406 @ May 4, 2008 -> 02:54 AM)
LOL -- funniest post ever. You've had a banner week making a big deal out of one month of the season for multiple players. Keep up the good work.

Owings vs Dempster....your thoughts?

QUOTE (fathom @ May 4, 2008 -> 02:56 AM)
Owings vs Dempster....your thoughts?

Also, I think it's ironic that you say I'm making a big deal out of the first month, as I'm probably the lone person on here who still says the Tigers will dominate this season and cruise to the AL Central title.