2008 MLB Catch-All Thread

knightni

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 23, 2008 -> 04:10 PM)
And Boston fans still rip him apart regularly. You would think he has a decent ERA instead of the one he has.

Boston fans and NY fans are idiots. They don't know what they have sometimes and take certain players for granted. But they also overate players as well.

They both annoy me.

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 17, 2008 -> 05:31 PM)
UH OH.

We're in trouble whenever Liriano returns, and he's anywhere NEAR pre-surgery levels. Which, admittingly, may never occur.

Still no sign of our Lirano, though.

Where is their Carlos Quentin?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 24, 2008 -> 04:11 PM)
So has anyone mentioned on this board that Jarrod Saltamacchia (or whatever) married a teacher that taught at his high school while he was enrolled there? Shes 14 year older than him.

I remember reading that. I don't know if it was here though. 14 years older and married her... I would've just hit and run if she was that good looking...

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Jul 24, 2008 -> 06:57 PM)
I remember reading that. I don't know if it was here though. 14 years older and married her... I would've just hit and run if she was that good looking...

Robert Novak has nothing to do with this.

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Jul 24, 2008 -> 09:57 PM)

Apparently its just understood even though they deny it, that she was his gym teacher. f***in A.

Per Rotoworld

Carlos Gomez was taken the hospital with a lower-back injury after running into the center-field wall while making a catch in the first inning Friday.

No word yet on whether Gomez, who was removed from the field on a stretcher, will be kept overnight. An update on his status should come after the game. Jul. 25 - 9:36 pm et

Here's what Rotoworld thinks of the Indians calling on Andy Gonzalez to DH tonight:

Andy Gonzalez, who was called up Saturday to replace Casey Blake on the roster, is getting the start at DH in Monday's game.

This might be the low point for the Indians since Rachel Phelps tried to put a dead guy on the team. Gonzalez is a .189/.280/.249 hitter in 190 major league at-bats.

:lolhitting

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 10:16 AM)
Mariners trade LHP Arthur Rhodes to the Marlins for Gaby Hernandez. I'll tell you what, if that was the price it took to get Rhodes I'm glad the Sox stayed way away from that one. I think the Marlins may regret this one.

The Marlins seemingly always trade a relatively good prospect to the Mariners for a left handed reliever whenever they are competing. They did the same thing for Randy Villone a couple years ago too.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 09:46 PM)
The Marlins seemingly always trade a relatively good prospect to the Mariners for a left handed reliever whenever they are competing. They did the same thing for Randy Villone a couple years ago too.

Ron

dumbass

The Angles blew a 5-0 lead and saw a 9-8 lead in the middle of the 8th turn into a 14-8 deficit after 8 and loss by the same score to the Yankees. The Angels made four errors that led to 9 unearned runs. Jose Arredondo gave up 4 runs, and Scot Shields gave up 5, but both saw their ERA's go down because none of the runs were earned. That's hard to do.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Joba Chamberlain just left the Yankees-Rangers game with some sort of injury. You never wish injury on a guy, but this could be good news for the Sox since they could end up fighting for the wild card. Chamberlain broke the over 30 inning rule last year, so he was at risk for injury this year. (For those who don't know what I'm talking about read this article http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writ...YAE/index.html).

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Aug 4, 2008 -> 11:27 PM)
Wow, Prince knocked the s*** out of Parra.

really? .. It was just two pushes, before the man the legend the myth Ray Durham came and held back the vegetarian

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Aug 4, 2008 -> 11:33 PM)
He didn't knock him out or anything, but he dropped him on his ass pretty quick.

yeah, well it was easy to see Parra wasnt going to retaliate and looked like he could have cried, half the team had to restrain Fielder haha .. I hope what was said leaks soon.