Soxtalk Fantasy Baseball

ZoomSlowik

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Feb 7, 2008 -> 12:12 PM)
Put me down for league #2, Zoom.

And no offense to Soxfan1, but there's a reason why he doesn't remember what league he was in. He usually quits after two weeks. Please, for the love of god, don't put him in league #2.

Yeah, last year was rough for me. I had a lot going on with school and at home, and whenever I did get opportunities to check the team, I was pretty much decimated with injuries. My apologies for last seasons inactivity.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Relatively new, but have followed for awhile, played a couple seasons so far.

2) Head to Head

3) Didnt play here last year

4) Rather not be a commish

I am fairly active, as I usually check everyday sometime, but only request be a reasonable time to draft.

i'll be plugged in anywhere someone needs me. i'm not sure i should commish again (i did league 3) because i kinda dropped the ball later in the season and wasn't as active as i should've been, but if y'all want me to again i'd be willing to do it.

QUOTE(The Beast @ Feb 18, 2008 -> 05:32 PM)
When are you handing out league assignments?

When I've got enough to fill a few leagues. Right now I've only got like 30, and that's with an anticipated 4 or 5 leagues...

Ideally that'll be sometime this week.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

1) level of experience - Last year was my first year

2) head to head or roto. Does not matter to me.

3) Last year I was in league #5. Does not matter if I am in it again. But would be nice.

4) No thank you. Perhaps, the more experienced should keep the job.

Looking forward to joining again. Last year was fun!!

I'll play again. Gotta defend back-to-back years as Champion of a league. I was in 4 last year and 5 the year before.

1) level of experience - Been playing for several years.

2) head to head or roto. Prefer H2H, but also up for roto.

3) I've been in 4 and 5. Doesn't really matter though.

4) No thank you.

I am definatly in.

1. I consider myself a veteran.

2. I prefer head to head

3. I dont know the previous league #, but I dont want to play in the same one again.

4. I would be willing to be commish.

One my grips with the leagues last year was that the stat categories were to general or too few and their were too many teams in each league. This led to a lot of players who normally wouldn't be drafted being on peoples teams, and with injuries and such there is really nothing impactful left. I think it would be nice to have at least 6 categories for both hitting and pitching. It would be nice to have Avg, OBP, BB, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI for hitting and ERA, WHIP, K, BB, IP, SV, W for pitching. Basically make the league more comprehensive without watering it down by having, hence no more than 10 teams per league. Anyway thats my two cents.

Sorry for the late response...but I am definitely in for another go around.

1) I have been a fantasy player since 2001 and have won a couple of leagues.

2) Head to head is my preference, but would do roto if needed a player to do it.

3) I was in League 3 and would join that league again (even though I got my ass handed to me.)

4) I would be willing to be commish if need be. Only commished 1 league before but think I can handle it if needed.

Edited by BFirebird

Id like to finally join a soxtalk fantasy baseball league, I always sign up too late

1) level of experience - Been playing for a while now.

2) head to head or roto. - Prolly roto, but am willing to try h2h.

3) wasn't in a soxtalk league

4) Dont Matta, Id give it a shot if i had to