Official 2008-2009 NFL Thread

Free Agency hasn't even been active for a day and Miami is already making a flurry of moves so far they have signed

WR Earnest Wilford

ILB Reggie Torbor

TE Sean Ryan

DT Randy Starks

RG Justin Smiley

They are also reportedly about to sign OLB Calvin Pace to a pretty nice contract

They also traded for NT Jason Ferguson and are showing interest in Michael Turner and Billy Volek

couple that in with the fact they own the first pick and 2 second rounders, and could possibly look to deal Jason Taylor things are shaping up already

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE(Shadows @ Feb 29, 2008 -> 01:54 PM)
Free Agency hasn't even been active for a day and Miami is already making a flurry of moves so far they have signed

WR Earnest Wilford

ILB Reggie Torbor

TE Sean Ryan

DT Randy Starks

RG Justin Smiley

They are also reportedly about to sign OLB Calvin Pace to a pretty nice contract

They also traded for NT Jason Ferguson and are showing interest in Michael Turner and Billy Volek

couple that in with the fact they own the first pick and 2 second rounders, and could possibly look to deal Jason Taylor things are shaping up already

Where'd you see they signed Wilford?

QUOTE(Shadows @ Feb 29, 2008 -> 01:54 PM)

WR Earnest Wilford

ILB Reggie Torbor

TE Sean Ryan

DT Randy Starks

RG Justin Smiley

Watch out, they may win 3 games this year. :P

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Feb 29, 2008 -> 02:24 PM)
just saw it elsewhere too

s***, that sucks, the Bills were after him too. He's a pretty decent receiver

Yeah hes a great fit in Miami, we needed a possession type receiver to play opposite of Ginn

Apparently Calvin Pace has been signed as well and will be reported soon

QUOTE(Shadows @ Mar 1, 2008 -> 05:15 AM)
Miami keeps raiding Dallas

They pick up Jason Ferguson for a swap of 6th rounders this year and a 6th next year.. excellent pick up for our 3-4 NT

Raiding, haha you crack me up sometimes Shadows.

Realistically, Ferguson's coming off a major surgery, he's old, and he probably doesn't have a whole lot left.

You guys have certainly been active today though. Some good signings (Wilford and Pace if you get him), but some I don't really understand (Randy Starks getting $21M for example, although he can thank Al Davis for that).

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 29, 2008 -> 07:28 PM)
Raiding, haha you crack me up sometimes Shadows.

Realistically, Ferguson's coming off a major surgery, he's old, and he probably doesn't have a whole lot left.

You guys have certainly been active today though. Some good signings (Wilford and Pace if you get him), but some I don't really understand (Randy Starks getting $21M for example, although he can thank Al Davis for that).

Yes raiding, I don't see how thats funny.. We took a lot of good coaches for you and Ferguson is a good 3-4 NT.. He is only 33 and yeah hes coming off surgery but so what, he cost us a 6th round pick..

Randy Starks isn't getting paid nearly as much as you make that seem.. He is only getting 7 million in guaranteed money on a 5 year deal.. I have no problem with that, he is a 6'3 315 lbs defensive end that is 24 years old. He will fit nicely into our new 3-4

We lost Jeff Ireland, who's obviously a great talent spotter.

We lost Tony Sparano, but replaced him with Hudson Houck from the Dolphins who argubly has the best reputation going around as an offensive line coach.

As for the 3 defensive coaches, Todd Bowles is the big one (although he never got Roy Williams to improve his play). But the replacements we got in Dave Campo, Todd Grantham, the buzz is we think we've actually upgraded there. Most of those guys were Parcells guys, and now Phillips could bring in his own guys.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 1, 2008 -> 08:50 PM)
It is early but my god does the Bears receiving core look awful right now.

I would assume that Booker's coming back.

Booker, Hester, Bradley, Olson (TE/WR)

If they need to, they'll get another WR with the #2 pick.