Share Your Umpiring Thoughts

jasonxctf

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rule 7.08(B) Comment: A runner who is adjudged to have hindered a fielder who is attempting to make a play on a batted ball is out whether it was intentional or not.

If, however, the runner has contact with a legally occupied base when he hinders the fielder, he shall not be called out unless, in the umpire’s judgment, such hindrance, whether it occurs on fair or foul territory, is intentional. If the umpire declares the hindrance intentional, the following penalty shall apply: With less than two out, the umpire shall declare both the runner and batter out. With two out, the umpire shall declare the batter out.

QUOTE(Phil McKrevice @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 05:14 PM)
Rule 7.08(B) Comment: A runner who is adjudged to have hindered a fielder who is attempting to make a play on a batted ball is out whether it was intentional or not.

If, however, the runner has contact with a legally occupied base when he hinders the fielder, he shall not be called out unless, in the umpire’s judgment, such hindrance, whether it occurs on fair or foul territory, is intentional. If the umpire declares the hindrance intentional, the following penalty shall apply: With less than two out, the umpire shall declare both the runner and batter out. With two out, the umpire shall declare the batter out.

should be applied the the Bake slide too.

QUOTE(jasonxctf @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 05:16 PM)
the out call at home and first bother me more than the cabrera slide. those 2 out calls were based upon the umpirte being out of position, which is unacceptable.

actually, i think the home plate call he WAS in the right position. He culd have seen if they touch his jersey from that angle in my opinion. he just blew it because Crede was "supposed" to be out.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 05:18 PM)
Either the game is fixed, or those umpires should be fired. And i'm not even kidding, if 3 calls that obvious can be missed that quickly, the crew clearly is inadequate to do it's job. I have never seen anything remotely like that in any sport in my life.

That was the worst thing I've ever seen from an umpiring crew. We could gotten a few more runs if those calls were correct. Completely unacceptable.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 06:15 PM)
should be applied the the Bake slide too.

Clean slides never get called interference. It's only when you use your hands or something like that (which Cabrera did), something completely extraneous to the act of running the bases, that you get called. I have no problem whatsoever with that call.

Pretty sure he was out at first, the slide was a bunch of BS, but its up to the judgment of the ump, the call at home was unacceptable....You could make an argument that all three were wrong, in my opinion only Orlando's slide and the call at home were bulls***.....thats still 66.6%...totally ridic for a major league umpiring crew....

hell of an opening day....

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 05:32 PM)
Pretty sure he was out at first, the slide was a bunch of BS, but its up to the judgment of the ump, the call at home was unacceptable....You could make an argument that all three were wrong, in my opinion only Orlando's slide and the call at home were bulls***.....thats still 66.6%...totally ridic for a major league umpiring crew....

hell of an opening day....

it was a hell of an opening day even though we lost. it was fun to watch the whole time.

In Hawks terms, you win 60 and you lose 60, it's what you do with the other 42. Well in my opinion this was on of those other 42.