May a curse be on your house, oh tribe of Cleveland!

knightni

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

can't believe Dye wasn't smart enough to know that he wasn't going to throw him a strike there. get your head in the game, fool. 6-1 lead, bases juiced, yeah he's gonna give you a pitch to hit, when a walk brings 1 home.

genius.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 3, 2008 -> 02:13 AM)
What a horrific inning of plate discipline. Just a shameful at bat for Dye.

He had three pitches in that AB to crush the ball and fouled them all off. So close and yet so far is what this team is right now.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 09:10 PM)
I could imagine a scenario where a team would do it if they were desperate. Something similar to the situation the Brewers were in when they traded for Linebrink last year. Your SS goes down and you're in a playoff hunt, you don't have a rookie ready, etc. I mean, say Jose Reyes went down for the Mets. Other than giving up that #1 guy they wouldn't give up for Johan, would you sacrifice a shot at the playoffs with Johan in your rotation in exchange for 3 decent prospects?

When he was traded at the deadline in 2004 when he made a lot less money he netted Brendan Harris, Alex Gonzalez and Francis Beltran as part of a 4 team trade. Garbage. Now it would just be a salary dump. You might lose the draft picks but save half his salary. Hopefully its not even an issue.

QUOTE(joesaiditstrue @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 10:14 PM)
can't believe Dye wasn't smart enough to know that he wasn't going to throw him a strike there. get your head in the game, fool. 6-1 lead, bases juiced, yeah he's gonna give you a pitch to hit, when a walk brings 1 home.

genius.

Guh? Actually he was almost certainly going to throw a strike because he doesn't want to walk him. Innings get out of control because you don't make guys hit the ball. See Vasquez today.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Apr 3, 2008 -> 02:14 AM)
how many runners stranded is that? yikes...

I am sorry but this is the same crap from last year...poor situational hitting, poor defense, pitchers giving up runs after two outs....to think that our payroll is how much? For this crap?

QUOTE(AbeFroman @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 10:16 PM)
you're right.... its too early. I'm just frustrated

but it does feel like the sox have blown a ton of opportunities

They haven't shown the patience to let the game come to them. They get into a scoring situation and let them off the hook. Same as last year.