2008 Chicago Cubs Catch-All Thread

DBAHO

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 2, 2008 -> 02:05 PM)
Is a key injury to a pitcher going to hand the NL Central to the divisions 2nd best team for the 2nd year in a row? I hope not.

I've thought that the Cubs were slightly overrated but were the best team in the Central all along. The Brewers had a shot if they stayed healthy, but when I made that disclaimer, I was speaking of Sheets and not Gallardo.

The Cards have a shot, but I wouldn't count on them.

Regardless of all of that, I don't think the Cubs have the pitching to make it out of the NLCS...not at this point anyways.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 2, 2008 -> 03:07 PM)
I've thought that the Cubs were slightly overrated but were the best team in the Central all along. The Brewers had a shot if they stayed healthy, but when I made that disclaimer, I was speaking of Sheets and not Gallardo.

The Cards have a shot, but I wouldn't count on them.

Regardless of all of that, I don't think the Cubs have the pitching to make it out of the NLCS...not at this point anyways.

Hopefully. (Well, I hope so, anyway.) But remember that the Rockies got into the WS partially on the magic arm of Josh Fogg, so anything's possible.

Well if Sheets stays healthy last year, the Brewers win the division by a few games in 2007. The Cubs might all in all be better this year, but they only won last year due to the Sheets injury.

As for the NL, it would be a MONUMENTAL upset if anybody but the Diamondbacks win the pennant. They are just so much better than everybody else, they are almost like an AL team talentwise. And we saw how the Cubs did against Arizona last year, before they even had Dan Haren.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (Soxpranos @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 09:30 PM)
We have faced some pretty lousy pitchers as well, but our offense does not capitalize. Give the Cubs credit for what their offense is doing , we need to get it going.

Never.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ May 3, 2008 -> 01:36 AM)
Terrible, terrible move by Lou.

I made this remark earlier in the season, but Lou is managing with a severe case of urgency. He's going to burn out their bullpen.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 2, 2008 -> 06:38 PM)
I made this remark earlier in the season, but Lou is managing with a severe case of urgency. He's going to burn out their bullpen.

Rich Hill has pitched with 10 days rest and now 9 days rest. Forget being rested, how does a guy get in any groove like that? No routine.

jon lieber making lou look good...then again why is he not in the rotation ahead of marquis again? and why are the cubs so down on sean marshall? he was 7-8 with a 3.92 last year...i know he rarely got past the 5/6th but still he gave them chances to win i thought

QUOTE (fathom @ May 2, 2008 -> 10:01 PM)
That's what you get for throwing an inside fastball to Reed Johnson.

Please. Throw one out and over the plate and he could just as easily hit a single. Ball wasn't that far inside.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 3, 2008 -> 03:02 AM)
Please. Throw one out and over the plate and he could just as easily hit a single. Ball wasn't that far inside.

Exactly...have you ever seen him bat. All he does is try to get hit by that pitch. As soon as the catcher sat up inside, I was shaking my head.