2008 Chicago Cubs Catch-All Thread

DBAHO

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Gregory Pratt @ Jun 12, 2008 -> 01:28 AM)
The injury to Jurrjens is unreal.

It's been happening all season....they continue to have guys injured when they face them. Is Glavine ok? Some speculation it's a career-ending injury. This Braves team will likely finish in 4th place in the NL East.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 11, 2008 -> 10:28 PM)
What I wish for has no impact on what happens. I can't wait for the Sox to have a player get hurt, and then have someone blame me for it.

Also, I forget what station it was on today, but a radio report said the Cubs clubhouse was "excited" to see that Pujols was injured.

I'd be too if he hit 400 foot HR after 400 foot HR against my team. :lolhitting

Anyone watching this 1948 game? In black and white, terrible camera angles, no replays.God this would get annoying.

EDIT: It's over now; they went back to a normal broadcast. Thank god. That was brutal.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 12, 2008 -> 01:29 PM)
Anyone watching this 1948 game? In black and white, terrible camera angles, no replays.God this would get annoying.

EDIT: It's over now; they went back to a normal broadcast. Thank god. That was brutal.

I was actually going to watch that over watching our team, it was like Warren Spahn was on the mound for the Tigers.

But now, I'm watching- those camera shots were brutal. Good to see them losing 2-0.

I really hope we face Z twice, because that will mean he has to go on 3 or 4 days rest one of the 2 times.

There is no doubt the Cubs are going to the playoffs. So in my mind, let them win 100 ball games, so that in the playoffs when they choke, it will be all the more funny. I really don't care about the Cubs, but the Sox are in a funk (like the past three days) or suck completely (last year) my hate for them, their fans and that ballpark escalate infinitely.

the national league is getting bent over like a dirty, dirty, dirty whore tonight

7-2 AL so far tonight, with LAA, CLE and OAK all winning , granted two of the better NL teams didnt play interleagu (phillies and cards, even though i still maintain that cards team isnt that good, especially sans pujols) but still its ugly....thank god, hopefully now i wont have to hear BS from cubs fans like how pittsburgh is a better team than the tigers

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jun 13, 2008 -> 11:21 PM)
the national league is getting bent over like a dirty, dirty, dirty whore tonight

7-2 AL so far tonight, with LAA, CLE and OAK all winning , granted two of the better NL teams didnt play interleagu (phillies and cards, even though i still maintain that cards team isnt that good, especially sans pujols) but still its ugly....thank god, hopefully now i wont have to hear BS from cubs fans like how pittsburgh is a better team than the tigers

looks like i jinxed LAA and CLE as they both gave up the lead....oh well, id rather have CLe lose anyways