White Sox Clubhouse and Sex Dolls

HuskyCaucasian

I stand up for the players on the this team as much as anyone. I get tired of the ranting and raving about their performance, or lack thereof. However, I can't and won't stand for up them in this situation.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rules have been in place for decades. The players involved have not known any other rules or different levels of access since becoming pros. It wasn't like they turned around and all of a sudden reporters are there. They knew the rules and who would see it. This is a terrible lapse in judgement.

If this is the example they want the world to see about the Chicago White Sox, that is very sad. We complain when we are always compared to Linge and drunken fans running onto the field, then people here defend the players? That is the image we will live with. Enjoy.

QUOTE (YASNY @ May 6, 2008 -> 10:12 AM)
I stand up for the players on the this team as much as anyone. I get tired of the ranting and raving about their performance, or lack thereof. However, I can't and won't stand for up them in this situation.

QUOTE (Texsox @ May 6, 2008 -> 10:12 AM)
The rules have been in place for decades. The players involved have not known any other rules or different levels of access since becoming pros. It wasn't like they turned around and all of a sudden reporters are there. They knew the rules and who would see it. This is a terrible lapse in judgement.

If this is the example they want the world to see about the Chicago White Sox, that is very sad. We complain when we are always compared to Linge and drunken fans running onto the field, then people here defend the players? That is the image we will live with. Enjoy.

Exactly right.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 6, 2008 -> 09:05 AM)
What happens in the clubhouse should stay in the clubhouse other than quotes media members get from players. Anything else, if they report it, they should lose their access IMO. There is no need for this stuff to be all over the papers. Like the post above stated, they try to present a family atmosphere at the ballpark and kids do look up to these guys, but that doesn't mean that crazy stuff just shouldn't happen. It should be off the record.

What business doesn't want all the free publicity they receive from the media??? The Sox will not be covered today because they blocked access to the media because they reported truthfully about what was going on in the clubhouse? Brilliant PR move.

Wow, should the title of the thread be, everyone here has had a bad few days, let the overreations be posted here.

Its a locker room, get over it. How about all the dressing up other teams do to rookies, carrying a pink backpack, "daddy why did they make Ryan Theriot dress up like a catholic schoolgirl?" Give me a break. This is such a non-story its hilarious.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 6, 2008 -> 10:14 AM)
Wow, should the title of the thread be, everyone here has had a bad few days, let the overreations be posted here.

Its a locker room, get over it. How about all the dressing up other teams do to rookies, carrying a pink backpack, "daddy why did they make Ryan Theriot dress up like a catholic schoolgirl?" Give me a break. This is such a non-story its hilarious.

It is a story because it is so far outside the boundaries of acceptable behavior in a workplace.

QUOTE (Texsox @ May 6, 2008 -> 09:14 AM)
What business doesn't want all the free publicity they receive from the media??? The Sox will not be covered today because they blocked access to the media because they reported truthfully about what was going on in the clubhouse? Brilliant PR move.

There are some things that should not be reported in the media. You really think the White Sox love the publicity of this particular event? I'm not saying the media shouldn't be in the clubhouse, I'm saying there should be a line drawn on what they can and cannot report. In fact when Ozzie called Marriotti that name, the reports were that he used it all the time, but the media "protected" him. What was the fallout from that?

QUOTE (Texsox @ May 6, 2008 -> 09:12 AM)

It's fairly easy to distinguish the two. Players acting bad reflects poorly on the team. Fans acting bad reflects poorly on the fanbase. It's also a little easier to defend this non-story than a drunken fan attacking a defenseless first base coach and receiving nationwide attention across all media mediums. Not just ESPN.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (Texsox @ May 6, 2008 -> 10:17 AM)
It is a story because it is so far outside the boundaries of acceptable behavior in a workplace.

Good thing they dont work in cubicles. Is it acceptable in a workplace to dress up the new guy as a girl and have them carry pink backpacks around? How about filling the new girl in HR's cube with shaving cream? Until you separate a workplace and a baseball field in your head you are going to continue to make awful points.

In case you were wondering, childish actions are considered a day to day accepted activity in baseball and is even supported on their website.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20...sp&c_id=mlb

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 6, 2008 -> 09:14 AM)

That's one level of behavior. This is another. Just like the Vikings cruise was another level. I'm sure Vikings fans 'got over it' but I can't imagine they were thrilled about the incident. The Sox actions do not approach the Vikings actions, but still, this ain't good.

QUOTE (YASNY @ May 6, 2008 -> 10:20 AM)
That's one level of behavior. This is another. Just like the Vikings cruise was another level. I'm sure Vikings fans 'got over it' but I can't imagine they were thrilled about the incident. The Sox actions do not approach the Vikings actions, but still, this ain't good.

Then why even bring it up? This isnt even close to that level

Mully and Handley are talking about this now on the Score. Couple of interesting point they brought up....first was that about 30 reporters saw the display but only 6 chose to write about it. Apparently not everyone thought it was such a big deal.

2nd point they made was that in the press box there is so much bad language, and comments that the display in the locker room was almost tame by comparison but yet...noone writes about the press box antics.

I know with the

Sox poor play right now there isn't much to write about but IMO this is a non-story.

oh noes, these guys were messing around and not being 'professional'. how dare they act as themselves, as individuals, instead of how they are 'supposed to'. whatever are we to do? the humanity

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 6, 2008 -> 09:18 AM)
There are some things that should not be reported in the media. You really think the White Sox love the publicity of this particular event? I'm not saying the media shouldn't be in the clubhouse, I'm saying there should be a line drawn on what they can and cannot report. In fact when Ozzie called Marriotti that name, the reports were that he used it all the time, but the media "protected" him. What was the fallout from that?

The whole situation would have been avoided if they weren't so stupid as to leave it up for the media to see.

QUOTE (Texsox @ May 6, 2008 -> 09:17 AM)

You still seem to have this idea that a baseball clubhouse is a common workplace, and what happens within your typical office should apply to MLB.

QUOTE (YASNY @ May 6, 2008 -> 10:20 AM)

So? A funny "ritual" in a clubhouse is comparable to a cruise off site where women were sexually abused? Now we all see how far are frustration has taken our arguments.

QUOTE (Tmar @ May 6, 2008 -> 10:23 AM)
oh noes, these guys were messing around and not being 'professional'. how dare they act as themselves, as individuals, instead of how they are 'supposed to'. whatever are we to do? the humanity

Im calling the paper next time you say "Nipples" in chat. Ooops, i just said it too

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ May 6, 2008 -> 10:24 AM)
You still seem to have this idea that a baseball clubhouse is a common workplace, and what happens within your typical office should apply to MLB.

Thats probably why I got canned when I decided to Zambrano my balls during my last powerpoint presentation.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 6, 2008 -> 09:22 AM)
Then why even bring it up? This isnt even close to that level

What they have in common is embarrassment to the organizaion and their fans. I noted the difference in the events, just like I noticed the difference between this and the Theriot analogy. Why was that brought up? Why wasn't that questioned the same way you question me on this. Certain things are more acceptable than others.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ May 6, 2008 -> 10:09 AM)
If that happens on a mass-scale obviously its a problem. It'd be impossible to stop it, as anyone can sneak one and inflate it in a bathroom. You'd just have to assume it wouldn't be on ongoing problem involving thousands of people.

Wow, so you actually admit that it could be a problem when the post before you said it won't.

QUOTE (YASNY @ May 6, 2008 -> 10:26 AM)
What they have in common is embarrassment to the organizaion and their fans. I noted the difference in the events, just like I noticed the difference between this and the Theriot analogy. Why was that brought up? Why wasn't that questioned the same way you question me on this. Certain things are more acceptable than others.

Sexual assault on a boat=typical clubhouse antics

Ah yes, I see the similarity

QUOTE (juddling @ May 6, 2008 -> 10:23 AM)
Mully and Handley are talking about this now on the Score. Couple of interesting point they brought up....first was that about 30 reporters saw the display but only 6 chose to write about it. Apparently not everyone thought it was such a big deal.

Of course not. The issue that is if JUST ONE thinks it's a big deal then it's a big deal.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 6, 2008 -> 10:25 AM)
Im calling the paper next time you say "Nipples" in chat. Ooops, i just said it too

you scamp. although you really should because all women have nipples and it is wrong to talk about people's nipples because professional people don't do that. plus these professional people have nipples too

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 6, 2008 -> 09:28 AM)
Sexual assault on a boat=typical clubhouse antics

Ah yes, I see the similarity

Do you not comprehend the part where I noted the differences between the two events? And when did blow up dolls in a ML locker room become "typical"?