What do you think of tonight's batting order?

ObamaKnowsBest

Cabrera

Pierzynski

Quentin

Dye

Thome

Konerko

Crede

Swisher

Uribe

I really like the way this lineup looks. Especially based on the current numbers these guys are putting up. Obviously the leadoff spot needs some more production, and you would think Cabrera is due to pick it up a little. Maybe Swisher in front of Crede. But I like our slow sluggers that are struggling (alliteration not intended) a little farther down. Clogs the bases a little less and gives Pierzynski, Quentin, and Dye a high number of ABs. Hopefully Ozzie sticks with this for a few games to see how it works.

QUOTE (The Beast @ May 15, 2008 -> 04:07 AM)
I want to know why Ozzie didn't do this lineup when the team started struggling. It appears to be effective, at least IMO.

Compared to not making any moves last season to try and shake things up, I would say doing it in mid-May is pretty proactive.

After tonight's performance, I think we'll see Quentin in the 3-spot a little more often.

I liked the way the lineup was put together (I put the game on about half way through and was shocked to see AJ in the 2nd spot... but after I thought about a couple minutes I really liked the idea of giving him a shot there, why not)

I like CQ in the 3 spot. It obviously paid dividends thus far. I'm still sick of Thome. 0-4 with 2 Ks and 3 LOB. Preferably I'd bench Thome for a few days, put Dye-nosaur at DH, move Swish to RF and start Anderson at CF.

Cabrera- SS

Pierzynski- C

Quentin- LF

Dye-nosaur- DH

Crede- 3B

Konerko- 1B

Anderson-CF

Swisher- RF

Uribe-2B

I think this lineup does some damage. Thome gets some needed rest and maybe figures out how to hit again. We take Dye-nosaur out of the field and the defense improves with Anderson and he gets some regular at bats.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 14, 2008 -> 10:56 PM)
I'd like to DL Thome and bring up Fields to DH, see if he just needs some major league time to refocus, plus it adds some athleticism to the lineup.

Except Fields is currently injured (on the DL) and Thome isn't going to accept being placed on the disabled list if he isn't injured.

I don't hate Thome. I don't want to Blue Jay the guy or anything. Just lately he has been God awful at the plate. Give him some time off to figure out whats wrong, adjust and fix it. Its like when I was a kid he'd come to the plate with the Indians and I'd get sick to my stomach. Unfortunately this season, as a member of the Sox, I still get sick to my stomach when he's comes up to the plate.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 14, 2008 -> 08:13 PM)
Compared to not making any moves last season to try and shake things up, I would say doing it in mid-May is pretty proactive.

I completely agree and I understand Ozzie hesitated for a while. Afterall, the lineup came out of the gates like gangbusters (something you couldn't say about last season). It was a gutsy move by Ozzie and proactive. I highly doubt we'll see AJ stay in the 2 spot all season but for the time being it was a good move. I also see Swisher slowly getting things figured out now that he's down in the order and that should be really really good for the offense.

Thome still looks bloody awful. Paulie had some good ab's today (hit a missile to CF, but the ball died) plus a nice single. Thome's last AB he at least hit a rocket. Juan is taking pitches and looking semi serviceable out there (although I still badly want a new starting 2nd baseman).

QUOTE (NorthSideSox15 @ May 14, 2008 -> 08:54 PM)
I like CQ in the 3 spot. It obviously paid dividends thus far. I'm still sick of Thome. 0-4 with 2 Ks and 3 LOB. Preferably I'd bench Thome for a few days, put Dye-nosaur at DH, move Swish to RF and start Anderson at CF.

Cabrera- SS

Pierzynski- C

Quentin- LF

Dye-nosaur- DH

Crede- 3B

Konerko- 1B

Anderson-CF

Swisher- RF

Uribe-2B

I think this lineup does some damage. Thome gets some needed rest and maybe figures out how to hit again. We take Dye-nosaur out of the field and the defense improves with Anderson and he gets some regular at bats.

You don't have to worry about Thome anyway, he's going to be on the bench for interleague play very soon and it couldn't come at a better time. We can only hope the time off allows him to refocus and get out there and start producing.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 15, 2008 -> 09:05 AM)
I am a f***ing genius for changing the f***ing line up around because we f***ing won. When we lose I will be f***ing stupid, because I changed the f***ing line up.

[/Ozzie Guillen on his line up changed

:notworthy :lolhitting

/making plans for October

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 15, 2008 -> 12:57 AM)
Has anyone been noticing the many batting stances of Carlos Quentin? Check out his video archive on mlb.com he has shown alot of different looks.

He's developed very well under the expert tutelage of Greg Walker. ;)