Sen. Ted Kennedy

YASNY

QUOTE (YASNY @ May 17, 2008 -> 09:37 AM)
Senator Kennedy was just rushed to a Massachusetts hospital with symptoms of a stroke. That's all I know at this point.

Thats a shame. He lived life pretty hard, maybe it finally caught up to him. Pray for a strong recovery if this is indeed a stroke

He was, at first, taken to Cape Cod hospital. Then he was airlifted to Mass. General, which is a top notch hospital per Fox News. He was moved from one hospital to the other within 2 hours.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 17, 2008 -> 02:02 PM)
Twas a seizure.

hopefully it's not a huge deal, both my parents have had seizures that were caused purely by stress and sleep deprivation. fingers crossed it's nothing more serious.

QUOTE (Reddy @ May 17, 2008 -> 06:23 PM)
hopefully it's not a huge deal, both my parents have had seizures that were caused purely by stress and sleep deprivation. fingers crossed it's nothing more serious.

They said that it's serious but guarded right now. He's awake and talking.

Non-life threatening, but it may be political career-ending.

QUOTE (knightni @ May 17, 2008 -> 05:26 PM)

hmm interesting to see how this all plays out.

QUOTE (knightni @ May 17, 2008 -> 05:26 PM)

It's not career ending. It takes way more than a seizure to knock him off his spot as Senator.

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ May 17, 2008 -> 08:28 PM)
It's not career ending. It takes way more than a seizure to knock him off his spot as Senator.

Like a late night swim at Chappaquiddick?

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ May 17, 2008 -> 09:19 PM)
Like a late night swim at Chappaquiddick?

I wasnt sure if I was gonna say anything. I was thinking about suggesting this being merged with J4L going to jail for DUI thread but I thought it might be in bad taste, you opened the door though.

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ May 17, 2008 -> 08:28 PM)

Tim Johnson can't really talk anymore, but he's almost a shoe-in to be re-elected...the one governor, I think from Missouri, was elected after he'd passed away too.

This isn't stopping Kennedy from coming back.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 18, 2008 -> 12:58 AM)
Tim Johnson can't really talk anymore, but he's almost a shoe-in to be re-elected...the one governor, I think from Missouri, was elected after he'd passed away too.

This isn't stopping Kennedy from coming back.

Dems like dead people voting, why shouldn't they elect them as well.

My favorite Ted Kennedy moment?

Krusty: Well, Itchy & Scratchy are gone. But here's a cartoon that tried to make learning fun! Sorry about this, kids. But stay tuned! We've got some real good toy commercials coming right up, I swear.

Kid: Hey, who left all this garbage on the steps of Congress?

The Amendment: I'm not garbage.

[singing]

The Amendment: I'm an Amendment to be, yes an Amendment to be, and I'm hoping that they'll ratify me. There's a lot of flag burners who have got too much freedom. I wanna make it legal for policeman to beat'em, cause there's limits to our liberty, least I hope and prey that there are, 'cause those liberal freaks go too far!

Kid: Why can't we just make a law against flag burning?

The Amendment: Because that law would be unconstitutional. But if we change the Constitution...

Kid: Then we can make all sorts of crazy laws!

The Amendment: Now you're catching on!

Bart Simpson: What the hell is this?

Lisa Simpson: It's one of those campy 70s throwbacks that appeals to Generation X-ers.

Bart Simpson: We need another Vietnam to thin out their ranks a little.

Kid: What if people say you're not good enough to be in the Constitution?

The Amendment: Then I'll crush all opposition to me, and I'll make Ted Kennedy pay, if he fights back, I'll say that he's gay!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080520/ap_on_...8TeM_A88VWs0NUE

BOSTON - A cancerous brain tumor caused the seizure Sen. Edward M. Kennedy suffered over the weekend, doctors said Tuesday in a grim diagnosis for one of American politics' most enduring figures.

Doctors for the Massachusetts Democrat say tests conducted after Kennedy suffered a seizure this weekend show a tumor in his left parietal lobe. Preliminary results from a biopsy of the brain identified the cause of the seizure as a malignant glioma.

His treatment will be decided after more tests but the usual course includes combinations of radiation and chemotherapy.

"I'm really sad," former Sen. Bob Kerrey, D-Neb., said when told in a Senate hallway about Kennedy's condition. "He's the one politician who brings tears to my eyes when he speaks."

The 76-year-old senator has been hospitalized in Boston since Saturday, when he was airlifted from Cape Cod after a seizure at his home.

There is plenty to dislike about Kennedy. There is also plenty to admire in his service to the Senate. Let's all hope for the best for the senior Senator from Massachusetts.

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ May 20, 2008 -> 12:49 PM)
The articles I've seen say that this is a pretty aggressive type of tumor and the average survival period is less than a year.

The yahoo article says the slower growing types can be survived with for 5 years, but for it to cause a seizure, you wonder how long Mister Kennedy has had this tumor only for it to be undetected. It's unfortunate certainly, but the one thing that can be said for the senator is he has lived a full and seemingly for him fufilling life, which is a blessing and unfortunately a rarity in that family. There are a lot of things you could argue about him, but I think he's shown over the years to be somebody that at the very least cares about people who are less fortunate than he, and there isn't much you can do but wish him the best.