White Sox vs Tampa Bay road trip finale Sunday June 1st, 2008

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

A win here splits the series on the road against the best record in baseball, and makes for a 4-3 road trip against CLE and TB, going into a heavy home stretch in June. MB has been struggling, and I just don't think he's that bad. Big, big game.

Get 'er done, Mark! :gosox1:

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 1, 2008 -> 12:04 PM)
I understand that, as he could use a nice two day break. I assume it's just a day off, and not an injury?

I'd rather Swisher get a 2 day break if there is no injury or illness. I really can't see Quentin being gassed.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 1, 2008 -> 12:04 PM)
I understand that, as he could use a nice two day break. I assume it's just a day off, and not an injury?

Just a day off and a well deserved one. Can PH if needed.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 1, 2008 -> 12:46 PM)
It's so depressing watching Thome bat. He can't even catch up to 87 mph fastballs.

Seriously, just throw it down the middle and he probably wouldn't hit it. Most likely would out guess himself.

Sonnanstine has a 5 ERA. Lets not make him into Cy Young. His last start against us did nothing to inflate his ERA, so other teams including that offensive powerhouse Oakland have hit him.

Edited by southsideirish71

Every day , I say to myself this is the day Thome , Konerko and or Swisher start hitting. Well we are 2 months into the season and they still have not done crap, they are just plain brutal. Swisher has some hope but Thome looks washed up , and I don't know how far Konerko can ride the Thumb injury excuse.