Changes coming by Tuesday?

Big Hurtin

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 06:48 PM)
Did Ozzie at least apologize for his statements Sunday? Considering the answer to what was done was D.) None of the above, he really looks like a rambling fool right now. I suppose if the fans boo if they score 2 runs tonight he will be all over them in the post game. He has already stated if anyone thinks the Sox can win with this offense they are full of s***.

exactly so why should anyone go to see them if the manager doesn't think we will win, why should we invest? This guy is a real piece of work. The sox org from top to bottom is the laughing stock of the league.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 05:48 PM)
Did Ozzie at least apologize for his statements Sunday? Considering the answer to what was done was D.) None of the above, he really looks like a rambling fool right now. I suppose if the fans boo if they score 2 runs tonight he will be all over them in the post game. He has already stated if anyone thinks the Sox can win with this offense they are full of s***.

No. He just rambled and contradicted everything he said before.

QUOTE (quickman @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 03:52 PM)
exactly so why should anyone go to see them if the manager doesn't think we will win, why should we invest? This guy is a real piece of work. The sox org from top to bottom is the laughing stock of the league.

Seriously? The laughing stock of the league? They won the world series 2.5 years ago, they are in first place still today, there are teams spending dramatically more money per win than the Sox are right now, and the Sox are the laughing stock of the league?

QUOTE (quickman @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 06:52 PM)

You sound just like a cub fan, that is not saying much.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 05:53 PM)
Seriously? The laughing stock of the league? They won the world series 2.5 years ago, they are in first place still today, there are teams spending dramatically more money per win than the Sox are right now, and the Sox are the laughing stock of the league?

Yea seriously the laughing stock

1) Dave wilder and his cohorts embezzled and cheated the team and players out of money, while KW knew none of this was going on.

2) He signed (wilder)players that were crap giving them steriods and faking there ages.

3) Ozzie cannot keep his mouth shut, and embarrasses the team, the fans, and his boss. Constantly

4) Their minors blow ( Just added that for embellishment)

That should wrap it up.

QUOTE (Soxpranos @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 05:58 PM)
You sound just like a cub fan, that is not saying much.

You missed my point, he is telling the world that they won't win with this team, so why in the world should we think they will. Thats the point. Please do not mistake me for a Cub fan, thats kind of ridiculous.

Edited by quickman

QUOTE (29andPoplar @ Jun 4, 2008 -> 12:50 AM)
Hey aren't you the guy who has a big huge flag for every other NL team ... and don't you hang it on your garage when said team plays the Cubs?

That's you, right?

:lolhitting

I will buy that guy a beer a day if that's true! Couldn't he just leave the Pirates flag up every game, and be right about 33 pct of the time?

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 06:40 PM)
HAHAHAH at Guillen looking like an idiot. It's going to be great during the pregame interviews when reporters ask him about these drastic lineup changes.

More like haha at all of the media and fans for looking like idiots. This is all so manufactured and predictable anymore, its sad. This is all part of the Guillen schtick, and everyone fell for it.

Nobody looks like an idiot over the lack of changes.

Anybody with a clue (and one columnist, I think with the Trib did already write it) it was Ozzie being Ozzie.

Ozzie is certifiably nuts; I happen to like that about him.

He's a nutjob.

My bet is though the nutjob will get fired next time he rips his "bosses."

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 07:07 PM)
I will buy that guy a beer a day if that's true! Couldn't he just leave the Pirates flag up every game, and be right about 33 pct of the time?

actually its true, I hang the flag of the opposing NL team that plays the cubs. Pisses off the entire neighborhood.

QUOTE (quickman @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 08:37 PM)
actually its true, I hang the flag of the opposing NL team that plays the cubs. Pisses off the entire neighborhood.

You just got a lot of free beers if it is true.

Fathom, break out the wallet.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 08:18 PM)
More like haha at all of the media and fans for looking like idiots. This is all so manufactured and predictable anymore, its sad. This is all part of the Guillen schtick, and everyone fell for it.

And at least for one game, it worked. Good for Ozzie.

I always figured him for a High Life guy... learn something new everyday.

He'll drink High Life, along with Busch. If they still made Falstaff, he'd drink that too.

Back to topic, the rant was a motivational ploy. Goofy perhaps, but that's Guillen. He told people in spring training he wouldn't wait too long to go ballistic on this team if he felt they were underachieving. Williams is too busy to be dealing with this stuff so I'm sure it'll blow over from that angle. The relationship with Walker is probably wounded but nothing cures baseball relationships like winning.