6/10 - Sox @ DET, 6:05 CT, CSN

knightni

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 9, 2008 -> 11:38 PM)
If the Sox keep hitting in Detroit, I'll be amazed and happy.

Isn't it a hitter's nightmare of a park?

Keep it up, Swish!

hopefully we'll hear a lot of hawk's "Let's keep the line moving" with a bunch of doubles off the wall, though it's not difficult to hit HR's to left field, Center/Right-Center and Right aren't as friendly

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 9, 2008 -> 11:38 PM)

Keep it up, Swish!

Actually its the direct opposite. We play at Comerica like its a home away from home. We hit and pitch well there.

33066-2.jpg

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 10, 2008 -> 12:38 AM)

Keep it up, Swish!

For most people not named the Chicago White Sox, yeah.

Crede hot streak + Crede at Comerica = disruption in the space-time continuum. There is a good chance Crede breaks the all-time HR record tonight

Wow I didn't know Robertson had been that bad.

And then I saw Willis gave up 8ER in less than 2IP last night. And he's walked something like 22 hitters in 11IP.

How's that 3/29M extension working out for you now Detroit?

For me, yesterday was the first time it felt like 2005 again here in 2008. Now, we've got a nine game stretch including 3 at Detroit, a place we always play well, against a team that is strugging, and 3 at home against the Pirates and Rockies. Obviously 6-3 is a floor goal, but if we can go 7-2 or even somehow 8-1 in this stretch, we can enter round 1 against the Cubs with a huge division lead, and in a position where we have a huge lead like we built in 2005 and 2008. And with the way this division has played out, if we can get our lead to 8, 9, or even 10 games, you can turn out the lights. Hopefully we can take advantage of this BIG opportunity.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 10, 2008 -> 09:29 AM)
For me, yesterday was the first time it felt like 2005 again here in 2008. Now, we've got a nine game stretch including 3 at Detroit, a place we always play well, against a team that is strugging, and 3 at home against the Pirates and Rockies. Obviously 6-3 is a floor goal, but if we can go 7-2 or even somehow 8-1 in this stretch, we can enter round 1 against the Cubs with a huge division lead, and in a position where we have a huge lead like we built in 2005 and 2008. And with the way this division has played out, if we can get our lead to 8, 9, or even 10 games, you can turn out the lights. Hopefully we can take advantage of this BIG opportunity.

Agreed, if we can go 7-2 or 8-1 our competitors will really have to consider dumping their upcoming FAs as the trade deadline gets closer.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 10, 2008 -> 11:08 AM)
Hmmm, Detroit is really the only team that seems to have hit Jose well this season. He pitched against them in his first 2 starts, gave up 9 runs and 16 hits between the 2. Time for Jose's revenge.

I think Jose will be fine, he just didn't have his control in those early season starts in the cold. He had 7 walks in the two starts against Detroit, and has 14 in his 10 starts since. He was also 0-1 with a 6.17 ERA in those starts, and is 6-2 with a 2.19 ERA since.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

I am really excited for the game, and I'll probably be watching it unless something else comes up. So I can pour my optimism into the thread later. If not I sure hope they raise Robertson's ERA. I love seeing an opponent's bad ERA rise. Especially a divisional opponent. I'm gonna say Sox win 14-0. LET'S GO SOX! :headbang

Edited by Cowch

Usual lineup tonight:

OC, SS; AJ, C; Quentin, LF; PK, 1B; Thome, DH; Dye, RF; Swish, CF; Crede, 3B; Alexei, 2B.

Also some interesting notes from Reifert's blog on the past homestand:

This from the Elias Sports Bureau:

The White Sox swept their seven-game homestand, matching the longest homestand that the team has swept in its 108-year history. The three previous 7-0 Sox homestands came in May 1965, April 1972 and then in September 1983.

Chicago's offensive totals in those seven games: 61 runs on 91 hits, including 19 home runs. Only two other teams in major league history have produced that many runs, hits and home runs during a seven-game winning streak: the Athletics did it in 2000 and the Braves followed suit two years ago.

gotta play well....this has all the makings of a "let down series"....detroit struggling, and us coming in hot....for some strange reason i just dont have a good feeling about this series....it would be great to win 2 of 3 heading into a "cub like" homestand of the pirates and rockies

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jun 10, 2008 -> 03:02 PM)
gotta play well....this has all the makings of a "let down series"....detroit struggling, and us coming in hot....for some strange reason i just dont have a good feeling about this series....it would be great to win 2 of 3 heading into a "cub like" homestand of the pirates and rockies

yeah, i get the feeling that miggy is ready to break out, plus, they're looking for anything to help turn their season around and this is a golden opportunity. Still...sox are swinging the lumber right now in a big way.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 10, 2008 -> 03:39 PM)
yeah, i get the feeling that miggy is ready to break out, plus, they're looking for anything to help turn their season around and this is a golden opportunity. Still...sox are swinging the lumber right now in a big way.

And, more importantly...Detroit has to get past Jose.