Dewayne Wise is up Paul Konerko to the DL

quickman

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jun 17, 2008 -> 12:56 PM)
Of the four Wise, Uribe, Ramirez and IANderson I bet Anderson gets the least at-bats ofthe four while Konerko is out.

Unless KW trades Uribe he will play over Anderson as will Ramirez.

well that would be a mistake. Anderson should get the most at bats and ramirez should play 2nd. The only bat I want Uribe to swing is a fungo bat. As for wise, he should be a pinch runner and defensive replacement, thats it. With the national league parks coming up we will need a late inning double switch.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i thought owens got hurt yesterday, that maybe why wise got the call. You never know. The sox a certainly a differetn sort of team. If I were 4 games up in mid june with a chance agian for the playoffs, man I would really try to get something done. hopefully they are working on something, if not for the injury but for a shot of new blood.

Owens started in CF for Charlotte today and got yanked after one at bat. Supposedly the groin again.

Yup, I think Williams is working on something. It would be highly uncharacteristic if he wasn't. He keeps preaching patience but he's saying it through clenched teeth.

QUOTE (29andPoplar @ Jun 17, 2008 -> 01:13 PM)
Owens started in CF for Charlotte today and got yanked after one at bat. Supposedly the groin again.

Yup, I think Williams is working on something. It would be highly uncharacteristic if he wasn't. He keeps preaching patience but he's saying it through clenched teeth.

lets only hope, as for owens his injuries may have cost him his career. he has had several opps this year, and bad luck is following him around like pigpen from peanuts. Its not meant to be. Kenny needs to infuse some stuff right away.

QUOTE (quickman @ Jun 17, 2008 -> 02:17 PM)
lets only hope, as for owens his injuries may have cost him his career. he has had several opps this year, and bad luck is following him around like pigpen from peanuts. Its not meant to be. Kenny needs to infuse some stuff right away.

Well if he likes Chicago I heard the Bears could use some help at WR.

(green not necessary)

Owens doesn't deserve to be called up because he is awful, I'm not saying Dewayne Wise is any good but Jerry Owens can't hit the ball out of the infield.

Wise probably won't see much time, we'll see a lot of BA/Alexie in center and Uribe(ugh)/Alexie at 2nd. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Thome get a start at 1B in an NL game.....

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 17, 2008 -> 12:22 PM)
Let's hope Ozzie goes with Anderson in CF and Ramirez at 2B.

He should. In fact I would like to see another tinker, and my personal lineup would look like this:

1. Swish 1B

2. OC SS

3. Q LF

4. Dye RF

5. Thome DH

6. Crede 3B

7. AJP C

8. BA CF

9. Alexei 2B

Sorry if i missed it but does anybody have Wise's farm stats? I really wanted Owens to come up... Oh well, maybe he is still hurting. Were not going to miss the current Konerko.. Maybe he'll be better when he's 100%. Im guessing we will be seeing Alexie in CF , Uribe at 2b, and Swisher at 1b the next few weeks, unless KW somehow suprises us and makes a trade (i doubt that.)

Just wanted to point out that in Charlotte's double-header this afternoon...

David Cook went 4-4 in the first game with a triple.

And he hit a double in his first at-bat of the 2nd game.

So... in the 25 at-bats he's had since being promoted to Charlotte, he has 12 hits.

:o

Edited by scenario

QUOTE (scenario @ Jun 17, 2008 -> 02:26 PM)
Just wanted to point out that in Charlotte's double-header this afternoon...

David Cook went 4-4 in the first game with a triple.

And he hit a double in his first at-bat of the 2nd game.

So... in the 25 at-bats he's had since being promoted to Charlotte, he has 12 hits.

:o

I hope he keeps raking. I would like to see him get a chance at the majors if he has a hot bat. Im sure Dye would have to get hurt though.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 17, 2008 -> 04:43 PM)
So according to Jesse Rogers KW said today that the recall of DeWayne Wise instead of Jerry Owens was Buddy Bell's call. KW went to Bell and Buddy told him Wise can do more for the team right now than Jerry Owens.

Nice, thank you Buddy Bell.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 17, 2008 -> 05:43 PM)
So according to Jesse Rogers KW said today that the recall of DeWayne Wise instead of Jerry Owens was Buddy Bell's call. KW went to Bell and Buddy told him Wise can do more for the team right now than Jerry Owens.

Wow, ok. I trust Buddy's judgement on this, and its nice to see his involvement. I wonder if Cook's name came up in the conversation at all.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 17, 2008 -> 07:35 PM)
Is Wise this seasons Andy Gonzalez?

I don't know, but after looking at Wise's career stats, if this is the best buy the White Sox can bring up, we must have the weakest minor league system in baseball, by a MILE.

I mean, seriously, look at our bench. And to think, one of these guys, other than Hall, has to play every day. That's just rancid.

Batting Statistics

NAME GP AB R H 2B 3B HR TB RBI BB SO SB CS BA OBP SLG OPS

Toby Hall 17 53 3 17 3 0 0 20 2 2 3 0 0 .321 .357 .377 .735

Pablo Ozuna 25 51 2 14 1 0 0 15 5 1 3 0 0 .275 .288 .294 .583

B. Anderson 44 92 8 23 7 0 2 36 10 5 21 2 1 .250 .289 .391 .680

Juan Uribe 42 125 14 25 6 0 3 40 17 9 22 0 0 .200 .259 .320 .579

Dewayne Wise 6 6 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 1 0 .000 .000 .000 .000

QUOTE (VAfan @ Jun 17, 2008 -> 08:14 PM)
I don't know, but after looking at Wise's career stats, if this is the best buy the White Sox can bring up, we must have the weakest minor league system in baseball, by a MILE.

I mean, seriously, look at our bench. And to think, one of these guys, other than Hall, has to play every day. That's just rancid.

Batting Statistics

NAME GP AB R H 2B 3B HR TB RBI BB SO SB CS BA OBP SLG OPS

Toby Hall 17 53 3 17 3 0 0 20 2 2 3 0 0 .321 .357 .377 .735

Pablo Ozuna 25 51 2 14 1 0 0 15 5 1 3 0 0 .275 .288 .294 .583

B. Anderson 44 92 8 23 7 0 2 36 10 5 21 2 1 .250 .289 .391 .680

Juan Uribe 42 125 14 25 6 0 3 40 17 9 22 0 0 .200 .259 .320 .579

Dewayne Wise 6 6 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 1 0 .000 .000 .000 .000

Don't pay attention to Wise's .319/.402/.565/.967 splits from AAA, he's got no shot as a bench player. I mean seriously, he's a goddamn bench player and 26th man, you're not asking him to hit 30 homers and be a vital cog in the middle of the lineup.

Brian Anderson also plays gold glove defense and he's actually hit the ball fairly well this season, despite a .680 OPS. I don't worry about the offense, especially with a few other players coming around recently too.

Actually with 2 hits last night Wise is up to .182 that would be 2 for 11. We need a good hitting lefty in the line up. i hope he catches whatever Alexei and Carlos have.. So far in his first 11 at bats he is ahead of another great whitesox left handed hitting player in his first 11 oh wait wasn't it 45 at bats he went hitless, Robin Ventura..........................