6/20 Game Thread - CWS @ CHC, 1:20pm CT

If the Cubs lose I'll be happy.

We have wasted so many scoring opportunities and had this game under control until their happy singing seventh inning bulls***.

If they win, it's a game we gave away and yes we will be swept.

Bank it.

Hope it dont happen.

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, he should be fired...

Why is that in green? I've been saying that (as have many others) for almost 2 years now. But I didn't say that. I'm just saying that he made a terrible f***ing movie that could cost us the game and perhaps ultimately the series.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 01:56 PM)
Did Linebrink pitch yesterday? He's the type of pitcher who might be garbage after too much rest

Yes, he got an inning yesterday in junk time. He ought to be ready. Ozzie set us up well by giving Jenks an inning on Weds and Liney an inning yesterday.

I'm getting sick of how Ozzie is letting everyone hit away late in close ball games. Cabrera should have had the bunt sign in the 6th when Uribe reached, and we should have either hit and run or bunted with Crede up.

He didn't pull Danks for a PH, he pulled him because the heart of the Cubs order was due up in the 7th, all righties. He was going with a righty there, I believe.

You aren't jumping at the chance to simply PH for your pitcher because he leads off. Now, if we're down 3-1 there, he's being PH for pretty much no matter what the situation is or who's due up for the cubs.

You know, why is it a bad decision to take out your pitcher, who's 23 (or whatever Danksy is) and turn it over to your bullpen? They've been pretty damn good this year. And besides that, let's leave Danksy in for 100+ pitches, every game, and then start listening to you all b**** about how Guillen has become Dusty Baker and blows out all his pitcher's arms by overusing them. WTF. No one can ever win with some of you people.

Why isn't it? If he's cruising and fairly low in pitch count, WHAT reason can you have for taking him out, and especially for Uribe, who's a terrible hitter? The fact he got a hit doesn't even matter. It was a terrible decision. It was also pretty bad to not put in Linebrink instead of Dotel in a situation like this.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 04:55 PM)
You know, why is it a bad decision to take out your pitcher, who's 23 (or whatever Danksy is) and turn it over to your bullpen? They've been pretty damn good this year. And besides that, let's leave Danksy in for 100+ pitches, every game, and then start listening to you all b**** about how Guillen has become Dusty Baker and blows out all his pitcher's arms by overusing them. WTF. No one can ever win with some of you people.

Agree 100%

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 02:58 PM)
Why isn't it? If he's cruising and fairly low in pitch count, WHAT reason can you have for taking him out, and especially for Uribe, who's a terrible hitter? The fact he got a hit doesn't even matter. It was a terrible decision. It was also pretty bad to not put in Linebrink instead of Dotel in a situation like this.

There can be all kinds of reasons for what happens in a game - Danks could have been told before he ever went out there he was only going 6 today - you all don't know that. But it's obviously more "fun" to sit here and rip every decision that's made and b**** about it after the fact when it doesn't work out.

It's a GAME. Oh well, I'm wasting my typing skillz here.

There could be a couple factors why Danks was lifted early. Maybe he warmed up before it started raining. Maybe he told Ozzie he was gassed. Of course, that's not possible for a lot of people here, Dotel just sucks. Get off it. Ozzie uses his bullpen less than everyone. There was a good reason why Danks was yanked.

Also, does Linebrink have some clause in his contract where he can only pitch 1 inning at a time? You think if we sign a SU guy for practically 20 million over 4 years that he'd be able to pitching 2 innings. I felt strongly that Linebrink should have been the 7th inning guy. I like Dotel and all, but he has shown he can't be trusted late in close ball games, IMO. He's way too streaky.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 12:58 PM)

Some of you guys don't realize in the NL things work a lot differently. Ozzie didn't want to give up an out so he went with a pitch hitter. You factor that in with the idea that Danks was going to be facing all righties and the heart of the order (plus 2 runs isn't near enough of a lead that early in the game) and it makes sense. Whether it turns out to be right or wrong, who knows, but the bottom line is the move made sense and as far as I'm concerned thats all I can ask of my manager.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 20, 2008 -> 03:57 PM)
He didn't pull Danks for a PH, he pulled him because the heart of the Cubs order was due up in the 7th, all righties. He was going with a righty there, I believe.

You aren't jumping at the chance to simply PH for your pitcher because he leads off. Now, if we're down 3-1 there, he's being PH for pretty much no matter what the situation is or who's due up for the cubs.

Who cares if it's the cubs heart of the order. He got them out twice already, why not again?