Konerko BAD - Fire GOOD

Jimbo's Drinker

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 13, 2008 -> 01:33 AM)
he's been going to all fields from the entire season, the balls are just now starting to drop for him. He's been sporting an unusually low BABIP all season.

What his strike out per at bat rate for each month? For him, it's all about making contact.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 12, 2008 -> 08:34 PM)
What his strike out per at bat rate for each month? For him, it's all about making contact.

APRIL: AB/K: 3.17, .855 OPS

MAY: AB/K: 3.15, .644 OPS

JUNE: AB/K: 3.78, 1.064 OPS

JULY: AB/K: 4.86, .952 OPS (even higher after tonight)

Last year in July he put up a .970 OPS while striking out once every 2.94 ABs.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 05:08 PM)
BS. Uribe never bought me dinner. A couple of cocktails, but no dinner, and I liked him before that. In fact, just about everyone did. I just remain loyal, just like I'm sure you are with Fields, Richar, Owens and Broadway.

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...p;#entry1617018

You even state that it is what influenced you to be biased with him.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 13, 2008 -> 02:45 AM)
Great game, Paulie!

C'mon Sox fans. Give him his love tonight at least.

Give it up, NOW!!

Thank you.

I'll never doubt you PK

looks like i'll be wearing the #14 jersey tonight....

Edited by DABearSoX

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 12, 2008 -> 08:31 PM)
http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...p;#entry1617018

You even state that it is what influenced you to be biased with him.

Out with a group and dinner are 2 different things. I happened to be there. I had some drinks in a group of about 8-10 a couple of times with him and his brother. He did pick up the tab. You make it sound like he took me out for some 7 course meal and we held hands on a romantic walk by the lake. I also said being out with him a couple of times might make me biased in my opinion of him as a player, but again, maybe not. I've usually been pretty loyal to the players I like, and I also have taken to the habit of "adopting" Soxtalk whipping boys. They usually make you look good eventually.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 13, 2008 -> 01:06 PM)
Out with a group and dinner are 2 different things. I happened to be there. I had some drinks in a group of about 8-10 a couple of times with him and his brother. He did pick up the tab. You make it sound like he took me out for some 7 course meal and we held hands on a romantic walk by the lake. I also said being out with him a couple of times might make me biased in my opinion of him as a player, but again, maybe not. I've usually been pretty loyal to the players I like, and I also have taken to the habit of "adopting" Soxtalk whipping boys. They usually make you look good eventually.

Heck if I had the chance to have adrink or two or have dinner with any Sox player I would be ecstatic. Why is there an issue here? I say good for "Dick Allen". How was Uribe to talk to anyway? I bet you had fun and that's all that counts in my book. :gosoxretro:

I had to post in here before Konerko's AB in the 9th inning. Here's the scenario -- 12-11 Texas, two on (1st/2nd), 2 out.

The thread will go on two divergent paths depending upon his results. As Fathom suggested, it's going to be interesting either way for the next several days.

Either he'll win/tie the game, walk or embarrass him......again.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 13, 2008 -> 05:04 PM)
That may just be the single worst game I have ever seen from a single player.

EDIT: Beaten. Point still holds though. 0-6, 9 LOB, and game costing defense.

After being the hero yesterday, Paulie goes back to his good old self. Hey at least he had an RBI!!!!

I can't wait to hear these post game calls!

It took me a lot longer than most people, but Paulie has to go to either the bench or another team. If you can go 4 for 4 with a walk in what was apparently a fluke game, and then make it irrelevant and hurt the team more the next day than you did on the perfect day, you obviously have some problems. He can't field, he really is starting to look like he can't hit, he can't run, he's clearly playing even older than his advanced 32 years, and he's expensive. Swish at first, Thome at DH, Anderson/Wise in CF, and Konerko gone or on the bench is the only way this team can make the playoffs IMO.

To be honest, I'd have bet Texas would have won it in the bottom of the 9th anyways had we tied it or took the lead, but it doesn't excuse Konerko's embarassing performance.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Jul 13, 2008 -> 05:52 PM)
Love Swish at first base and Wise/Anderson in CF. The team has more speed and is a joy to watch.

I'm with ya, were a better team with Swish at 1st, and the combo of Wise and BA in CF.