Stone in, DJ out?

fathom

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like a nice enough guy, but never really developed any chemistry with Hawk.

I'd almost rather Stoney stayed paired with Farmer. They're quite good together, despite Farmer still being somewhat away from his strength at play-by-play.

I just know I thoroughly enjoyed that week with steve stone last year. Hawk was better with him.

that said I've really gotten to like DJ the past several years, and wish him the best in finding another position broadcasting.

This was just a matter of time, and I'd be very surprised if this isn't so in 2009. It hurts in the sense that Farmer and Stone are AWESOME together, but in today's world it's all about the TV crew, and Hawk and Stoney were also GREAT last year during that week or so they had together in August. I wouldn't mind D.J. with Farmer either, I think that could work well actually. I'd hate to see D.J. go away all together.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

A switch between Stone and DJ might not be bad. Stone and Hawk was absolutely incredible last year. 2 guys with tons of baseball experience and knowledge. They would be so much easier to listen to as well. DJ often latches on to what Hawk rambles on about, where as Stoney will do some analysis or counter Hawk. With that said, I've grown to like DJ a bit. Anything having to do with 2005 will have a special place in my heart.

This does not make me happy at all. I admit, I was not much of a DJ fan the first few years, but he has grown on me of late. Fwiw, I think the chemistry between Hawk and DJ is among the best in baseball (I have heard just about every broadcasting duo ) and it would be a shame to break them up. Shame on Hawk for not speaking up on DJ's behalf.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 3, 2008 -> 12:24 AM)
This was just a matter of time, and I'd be very surprised if this isn't so in 2009. It hurts in the sense that Farmer and Stone are AWESOME together, but in today's world it's all about the TV crew, and Hawk and Stoney were also GREAT last year during that week or so they had together in August. , I think that could work well actually. I'd hate to see D.J. go away all together.

"........I wouldn't mind D.J. with Farmer either"

That would be like throwing meat to a hungry wolf.

Maybe things have gotten better with Hawk and DJ, but it always seemed like Hawk didn't respect DJ or his opinions. Maybe it had to do with the age difference, or who knows what. If you listened to even 5 minutes of a broadcast, you knew who wore the pants in the booth. DJ would always try to take the high road and back down, eventually it became ass kissing out of fear.

I've always felt Hawk needs someone in the booth to challenge him. Atleast present an opposing side to an argument. Or question him if he says something ridiculous. You'd think DJ is Hawk's black twin sometimes the way they seemingly agree on every baseball subject.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Jul 3, 2008 -> 01:45 AM)

DOH!!!...I just got so excited though!

The only downside I can see to this is...if this is just a short-term thing with Stoney or not. DJ says see ya....and the Stoney bolts onto something else in a few years. We could get stuck with something worse (Singletonish)....

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jul 3, 2008 -> 02:52 AM)
DOH!!!...I just got so excited though!

The only downside I can see to this is...if this is just a short-term thing with Stoney or not. DJ says see ya....and the Stoney bolts onto something else in a few years. We could get stuck with something worse (Singletonish)....

Actually, watching Singleton on BBTN makes me wonder what the hell was going on in that booth. I'm curious to see what would happen in DJ left and was paired with a real PBP guy.

Can't we have all three. I know we won't have all three, but that would be a sick booth with Hawk, Stone, and D.J. It would be tough to say by to D.J. but Stone would make it a lot easier.

:uhoh

Edited by BearSox

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 2, 2008 -> 11:47 PM)
"........I wouldn't mind D.J. with Farmer either"

That would be like throwing meat to a hungry wolf.

Maybe things have gotten better with Hawk and DJ, but it always seemed like Hawk didn't respect DJ or his opinions. Maybe it had to do with the age difference, or who knows what. If you listened to even 5 minutes of a broadcast, you knew who wore the pants in the booth. DJ would always try to take the high road and back down, eventually it became ass kissing out of fear.

Right on the money! :notworthy