The Democrat Thread

Rex Kickass

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Sep 4, 2015 -> 07:00 AM)
If Obamacare the ACA had done anything to curb the rising costs of care, perhaps...but it didn't.

Edit: I hate referring to it as Obamacare...it was a derogatory nickname given to it by butt hurt neocons.

I was just joking, actually. Playing Devil's Advocate.

But are salaries still escalating for brain/heart/plastic surgeons in general?

At least higher than the rate of inflation?

Or depends if you work for private/public hospital or clinic?

• Replies 20.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 4, 2015 -> 08:38 AM)
Wouldn't female surgeons give the advice that while there's going to be more and more Baby Boomers in need of medical care, the Obamacare government takeover will make it impossible to make as good a living as a surgeon compared to 10 or 20 years ago?

I dunno but I read some cool stuff about some doctor in KC who is changing how he does business. It sounds pretty good. You pay a membership fee to the doctor for a year. I forget how much a month. For that you get personal contact with the doctor and housecalls and you get to see the doctor the same day, etc. If he needs to set a bone or something there may be an additional fee.

I'm glad some doctors are thinking out of the box and trying to make this more competitive. We've been at the mercy of doctors a long time.

On the Democratic front, I saw an interview with Florina by Chris Matthews in which he was appalled Florina callled Hilary a liar.

"I just find it amazing you would take this stance. If you have a debate with her as the Republican candidate would you just say you don't believe anything she says?"

Listen, Chris ... she is a f***ing liar. She has lied about this email thing. Lies have been documented. Why in the hell is she our next president?? She's a confirmed liar. If this was a Republican, he'd be out of the race by now. The media would force him out over lying about the emails. Why oh why does the media have it their mission to make Hillary president? They should be on the Hillary payroll. You can't deny there's a double standard. Any Republican with documented lies??? Would be OUT of the race.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 4, 2015 -> 04:21 PM)
On the Democratic front, I saw an interview with Florina by Chris Matthews in which he was appalled Florina callled Hilary a liar.

"I just find it amazing you would take this stance. If you have a debate with her as the Republican candidate would you just say you don't believe anything she says?"

Listen, Chris ... she is a f***ing liar. She has lied about this email thing. Lies have been documented. Why in the hell is she our next president?? She's a confirmed liar. If this was a Republican, he'd be out of the race by now. The media would force him out over lying about the emails. Why oh why does the media have it their mission to make Hillary president? They should be on the Hillary payroll. You can't deny there's a double standard. Any Republican with documented lies??? Would be OUT of the race.

I'm actually going to enjoy this.

"If Israel attacks Iran … we’re supposed to be on Iran’s side."

"We’re the most highly taxed nation in the world."

"We have 93 million people out of work. They look for jobs, they give up, and all of a sudden, statistically, they're considered employed."

"The Mexican government ... they send the bad ones over."

The number of illegal immigrants in the United States is "30 million, it could be 34 million."

Under President Barack Obama, income levels and unemployment numbers "are worse now than just about ever" for African-Americans.

The five Guantanamo detainees swapped for Bowe Bergdahl "are right now back on the battlefield."

Says John McCain "has done nothing to help the vets."

"If you're from Syria and you're a Christian, you cannot come into this country" as a refugee.

"You know, the sanctuary cities, do you know he had five of them in Florida while he was governor? Can you believe this? I didn't know that."

"the $5 billion website for Obamacare, which never worked. Still doesn't work."

"The Mexican government forces many bad people into our country."

I write a book called The Art of the Deal, the No. 1 selling business book of all time, at least I think, but I’m pretty sure it is.

"Even our nuclear arsenal doesn't work. It came out recently they have equipment that is 30 years old. They don't know if it worked."

"The last quarter, it was just announced, our gross domestic product … was below zero. Who ever heard of this? It's never below zero."

Says President Barack Obama’s recent New York fundraising trip "cost between $25 million and $50 million."

Says President Obama's "grandmother in Kenya said he was born in Kenya and she was there and witnessed the birth."

"The people that went to school with (Barack Obama), they never saw him, they don't know who he is."

And that doesn't even add in his BS where he straight up lied to your face and didn't care on this one:

"In 2011, when Trump was a voluble “birther” — you remember: Obama supposedly was not born in the United States, hence he is an illegitimate president — an interviewer asked if he had people “searching in Hawaii” for facts. “Absolutely,” Trump said. “They can’t believe what they’re finding.”

He lies to you constantly and you don't care because his lies are mean things about people who look different and that's ok.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 4, 2015 -> 09:11 PM)

"We have 93 million people out of work. They look for jobs, they give up, and all of a sudden, statistically, they're considered employed."

The number of illegal immigrants in the United States is "30 million, it could be 34 million."

Under President Barack Obama, income levels and unemployment numbers "are worse now than just about ever" for African-Americans.

The five Guantanamo detainees swapped for Bowe Bergdahl "are right now back on the battlefield."

"If you're from Syria and you're a Christian, you cannot come into this country" as a refugee.

"You know, the sanctuary cities, do you know he had five of them in Florida while he was governor? Can you believe this? I didn't know that."

I write a book called The Art of the Deal, the No. 1 selling business book of all time, at least I think, but I’m pretty sure it is.

"Even our nuclear arsenal doesn't work. It came out recently they have equipment that is 30 years old. They don't know if it worked."

"The last quarter, it was just announced, our gross domestic product … was below zero. Who ever heard of this? It's never below zero."

Says President Barack Obama’s recent New York fundraising trip "cost between $25 million and $50 million."

Says President Obama's "grandmother in Kenya said he was born in Kenya and she was there and witnessed the birth."

"The people that went to school with (Barack Obama), they never saw him, they don't know who he is."

And that doesn't even add in his BS where he straight up lied to your face and didn't care on this one:

"In 2011, when Trump was a voluble “birther” — you remember: Obama supposedly was not born in the United States, hence he is an illegitimate president — an interviewer asked if he had people “searching in Hawaii” for facts. “Absolutely,” Trump said. “They can’t believe what they’re finding.”

He lies to you constantly and you don't care because his lies are mean things about people who look different and that's ok.

Balta, with all due respect, I don't care about Trump because he's not a real option to win anything, much less the presidency. Yes I love the fact Trump is getting up there blasting everybody. But there's no way in hell he's going to be President. I doubt I'd even vote for him.

Remember, Greg is FAIR. Frick, I voted for Obama over that boring imbecile, Romney. I actually voted for Obama. I doubt I'd pull the proverbial lever for Trump. But yes I do love his style and I laugh at his speeches and interviews.

As far as Chris Matthews and the media ... SHAME! Hillary should be out over these lies. Out! Again, Trump? He's not winning anything. People just love what's coming out of his mouth right now. s***, his quotes about women alone along his obvious disdain for women guarantee him not having a chance of winning anything.

I want a real threat, Hillary, removed from the race by the media. Trump? WHo cares. He's funny but not winnin that is for certain.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 4, 2015 -> 03:27 PM)
Balta, with all due respect, I don't care about Trump because he's not a real option to win anything, much less the presidency. Yes I love the fact Trump is getting up there blasting everybody. But there's no way in hell he's going to be President. I doubt I'd even vote for him.

Remember, Greg is FAIR. Frick, I voted for Obama over that boring imbecile, Romney. I actually voted for Obama. I doubt I'd pull the proverbial lever for Trump. But yes I do love his style and I laugh at his speeches and interviews.

As far as Chris Matthews and the media ... SHAME! Hillary should be out over these lies. Out! Again, Trump? He's not winning anything. People just love what's coming out of his mouth right now. s***, his quotes about women alone along his obvious disdain for women guarantee him not having a chance of winning anything.

I want a real threat, Hillary, removed from the race by the media. Trump? WHo cares. He's funny but not winnin that is for certain.

It's not the job of the media to "take sides" and try to remove candidates.

They cover frontrunners, and most candidates eliminate themselves because they don't have the ability to withstand the scrutiny or pressure, for whatever reason/s (see GOP primary season, 2007/2008).

In fact, you could make the argument that the Clintons (just like in 1991-92) will use the media attacks and throw them in the "white wing conspiracy" bag of tricks, although it was definitely a lot easier back then to back Bill because he was at least likable, entertaining and obviously brilliant as a pure politican. Hilary is none of those things, which is why there's so much resistance. She's the female equivalent of Romney/Dole.

The main things keeping her alive are the fact that the economy did quite well under the Clintons in the mid to late 90's, and the fact that the idea of an experienced co-president is intriguing to many after their disappointment with Obama's first term.

But, just like Trump, the media "turning up the screws" on Hilary won't make her go away no matter how much you might wish it...and the Dems' betting money still isn't ready to move to Biden. The only name they'll readily accept is Elizabeth Warren right now, who apparently is still sitting this one out or waiting for Clinton to completely implode so she doesn't look as opportunistic.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 4, 2015 -> 10:55 PM)
It's not the job of the media to "take sides" and try to remove candidates.

They cover frontrunners, and most candidates eliminate themselves because they don't have the ability to withstand the scrutiny or pressure, for whatever reason/s (see GOP primary season, 2007/2008).

In fact, you could make the argument that the Clintons (just like in 1991-92) will use the media attacks and throw them in the "white wing conspiracy" bag of tricks, although it was definitely a lot easier back then to back Bill because he was at least likable, entertaining and obviously brilliant as a pure politican. Hilary is none of those things, which is why there's so much resistance. She's the female equivalent of Romney/Dole.

The main things keeping her alive are the fact that the economy did quite well under the Clintons in the mid to late 90's, and the fact that the idea of an experienced co-president is intriguing to many after their disappointment with Obama's first term.

But, just like Trump, the media "turning up the screws" on Hilary won't make her go away no matter how much you might wish it...and the Dems' betting money still isn't ready to move to Biden. The only name they'll readily accept is Elizabeth Warren right now, who apparently is still sitting this one out or waiting for Clinton to completely implode so she doesn't look as opportunistic.

Nice post. I do hope Hillary goes for an all female ticket. She's a lock, so I at least think it would be cool to have all women in there. If she had any true guts she'd pick a woman running mate. She won't though. I wonder which young male is gonna join up with Hillary so he can be president for eight years after her eight years. It's gonna be a very young African American male IMO.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 4, 2015 -> 04:11 PM)

I don't think anything greg has said in here has gone that far.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 5, 2015 -> 11:35 PM)
Very sad take. This woman supports Hillary just because she is a woman.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/stacey-newma...kusaolp00000592

I don't think I've ever read anything as sad/sick as that story. What an awful endorsement, based on sex alone.

You've never read anything as sad/sick as that story? Yeah, I'm sure. You really need to drop your little ignorance and playing dumb act Greg. You know millions of people vote for a candidate by how they look, their race, their gender, or their religion all the time.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 5, 2015 -> 10:35 PM)
Very sad take. This woman supports Hillary just because she is a woman.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/stacey-newma...kusaolp00000592

I don't think I've ever read anything as sad/sick as that story. What an awful endorsement, based on sex alone.

Isn't saying they want Trump to be president to see what happens when he has conflicts with Putin, North Korea, China or ISIS even scarier...?

Because he can be as belligerent as he wants, but does he honestly believe he can commit the U.S. military to every conflict his mouth starts?

He will just magically negotiate better using his Trump brand and real estate bag of tricks?

Interesting weekend:

a.) It was reported that Bernie Sanders leads in New Hampshire and is closing in Iowa. Color me skeptical. There's no way Bernie can be actually competing successfully with Hillary.

b.) We've got some old candidates. Wow. Bernie is old; Hillary is old. Donald Trump is pretty old (69). Biden is looking like a guy who will run and he is old. Those are four candidates who will be close to 80 if they win two terms.

c.) Hillary said she would not apologize for the emails. Said it was legal to do what she did. Is she in denial? I don't think anybody cares though.

Which young candidate is going to rally? Are we really going to have a 70-something president? I know 70 is the new 50 but 70 is still kinda up there.

Edited by greg775

Michael Bloomberg has a shot against Trump...but that would probably require the economy going sideways or downward for another 4-6 months.

The assumed rate hike will hurt a bit...but it's very unlikely to push the market down another 10-15% unless China continues to slide in the direction of 3-4% growth.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 8, 2015 -> 02:50 AM)
Interesting weekend:

a.) It was reported that Bernie Sanders leads in New Hampshire and is closing in Iowa. Color me skeptical. There's no way Bernie can be actually competing successfully with Hillary.

b.) We've got some old candidates. Wow. Bernie is old; Hillary is old. Donald Trump is pretty old (69). Biden is looking like a guy who will run and he is old. Those are four candidates who will be close to 80 if they win two terms.

c.) Hillary said she would not apologize for the emails. Said it was legal to do what she did. Is she in denial? I don't think anybody cares though.

Which young candidate is going to rally? Are we really going to have a 70-something president? I know 70 is the new 50 but 70 is still kinda up there.

c. Yes, her email server appears to have followed all appropriate state department rules. It has exposed that there are some issues with State Department employees emailing things that turn out to be classified over unclassified networks, but part of the problem with that is that the amount of classified information our government has is absolutely insane. The Secretary of State is going to be involved in a drone strike program but the details of that program and even its existence have been retroactively classified. And you've made it 100% clear you don't care.

It does appear there is a good chance of a president who crosses into their 70s at some point during their administration winning this race, although obviously there are many younger candidates particularly on the Republican side.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 8, 2015 -> 12:29 PM)
c. Yes, her email server appears to have followed all appropriate state department rules. It has exposed that there are some issues with State Department employees emailing things that turn out to be classified over unclassified networks, but part of the problem with that is that the amount of classified information our government has is absolutely insane. The Secretary of State is going to be involved in a drone strike program but the details of that program and even its existence have been retroactively classified. And you've made it 100% clear you don't care.

This completely ignores the fundamental act of stupidity that was Hillary Clinton deciding to use a non-governmental email address and non-standard server to handle State Department business. It shows stunningly poor judgment on her part.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 8, 2015 -> 06:29 PM)

It does appear there is a good chance of a president who crosses into their 70s at some point during their administration winning this race, although obviously there are many younger candidates particularly on the Republican side.

The way I see it is upper 70s during the second term.

The younger candidates don't appear to have any momentum at all right now. Trump would be 77 at the end of his second term. Hillary is 68 now; she'd be 77. Bernie would be 83 in his second term for gosh sakes. Biden would be 81 at the end of his second term. That's crazy. The surgeon would be only 72 late in his second term.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 4, 2015 -> 06:16 PM)
Nice post. I do hope Hillary goes for an all female ticket. She's a lock, so I at least think it would be cool to have all women in there. If she had any true guts she'd pick a woman running mate. She won't though. I wonder which young male is gonna join up with Hillary so he can be president for eight years after her eight years. It's gonna be a very young African American male IMO.

No offense intended Greg but you're like worst political analyst ever. You have me cracking up with your observations...

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Sep 9, 2015 -> 06:58 AM)
No offense intended Greg but you're like worst political analyst ever. You have me cracking up with your observations...

Thanks. I appreciate any praise. My current take is I still don't like Hillary and would love if Biden or Bernie got the democratic nomination. On the other side, I have no favorite but Trump is going to wear out over time and that's why Biden has to run cause all he'll have to do is beat Hillary and he's president. Whomever gets the Demo nomination is gonna bury Trump in the general election. Bank that. Only hope is if the surgeon can strike lightning in a bottle and get the nomination.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 8, 2015 -> 05:30 PM)
This completely ignores the fundamental act of stupidity that was Hillary Clinton deciding to use a non-governmental email address and non-standard server to handle State Department business. It shows stunningly poor judgment on her part.

If we want to talk about judgment mistakes by Hillary I continue to be open to that. For example, I've voted against her previously and will probably still vote against her again due to her incorrect judgment on the worst strategic mistake the United States has made in the last 50 years, perhaps in its whole history depending on how things shake out in that part of the world over the next few decades.

Compared to that act of poor judgment, "having her own email server so she can use both work and private email on the same address while following poorly written state department rules" doesn't measure up at all.

Heck, Brownback's latest plan to borrow money against the state pension funds to help cover the massive budget holes he's created thanks to those same supply-side economic advisers deserves its own post.

Brownback budget director, other state officials defend pension bonds after Moody's report

Kansas' sale of $1 billion in bonds an effort to boost retirement system used by teachers, government employees

The plan essentially relies on the rest of the economy growing continually and dragging Kansas along. If the plan fails, state pensions will be the one to take the hit, and I'm sure it wouldn't be used as an opportunity to rail against broken public pensions and the need to destroy more government functions.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 9, 2015 -> 03:03 PM)
If we want to talk about judgment mistakes by Hillary I continue to be open to that. For example, I've voted against her previously and will probably still vote against her again due to her incorrect judgment on the worst strategic mistake the United States has made in the last 50 years, perhaps in its whole history depending on how things shake out in that part of the world over the next few decades.

Compared to that act of poor judgment, "having her own email server so she can use both work and private email on the same address while following poorly written state department rules" doesn't measure up at all.

On the bolded, come on now. You mean the Iraq War? It's bad she supported it, no argument there, as it was clearly a very stupid idea from the start. But your hyperbole here is really something else.