Favre to the Jets

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 5, 2008 -> 08:15 PM)
Nah, Vazquez at least has great physical talent but no mental ability. Aside from throwing the ball fairly accurate long, Rex sucks.

I mean more in the sense that fans of the respective teams talk up all the talent the guys have, but they both are just s***-bag players.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 5, 2008 -> 09:04 PM)
I mean more in the sense that fans of the respective teams talk up all the talent the guys have, but they both are just s***-bag players.

Who has talked up Rex's talents? He can throw far but usually to the other team.

If they name Rex starting QB, the coaching staff better prepare for a whirl wind.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 5, 2008 -> 10:07 PM)
Who has talked up Rex's talents? He can throw far but usually to the other team.

If they name Rex starting QB, the coaching staff better prepare for a whirl wind.

It's not like Orton is any good. Not that I'm rooting against him or anything, but if he peaks at anything more than an average QB I will be shocked.

This dumbass fanbase clamored for Griese in the preseason of '06 because he was a second team god, and as soon as he finally started and they saw why he wasn't the starting QB, they turned on him immediately.

ESPN reporting that a deal to send Favre to Tampa Bay could be finalized in the next 24 hours.

ESPN is actually reporting that the Tamp Tribune or whatever is reporting the possible trade.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 10:18 PM)
I'm a Packers fan and i'm sick of this. I just want it to end and for him to be traded.

Yeah, I can't see how anyone can blame the Packers' management for this... yeah Favre got a chilly reception when he acted like he wanted to come out of retirement but can you blame them? They've actually built a decent team without him and they were ready to FINALLY move on (hate saying this since I'm a Bears fan) and here he comes with this again.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 11:18 PM)
Early reports are he was traded for a single draft pick that raises in value depending on how the Jets do this year.

Yeah, I was reading that it is a conditional 3rd rounder that could end up as a 1st depending on how well they do.

if Favre takes 50 percent of total snaps with the Jets in 2008, the fourth rounder becomes a third-round pick. If he gets 70 percent of the snaps and the Jets make the playoffs, it becomes a second-round pick; and if he gets 80 percent of snaps and the Jets make the Super Bowl, it becomes a first-round pick.

Thats how the value of the pick works. Good for Favre to get in a situation that will want him at QB, hes a great, whatever happened in GB is just a tarnish for them and none of the front office will walk away without being belonged to the Favre situation.