Favre to the Jets

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 12, 2008 -> 12:54 AM)
I'd like a Bear fan to give me a legitimate reason why Favre would come here. The offense placed around him would be perhaps the worst in the NFL outside of obviously Favre himself, and he could not win a Super Bowl here. Plus, he's have a PATHETIC offensive coordinator and a head coach that is all about defense, with a GM that couldn't recognize offensive talent if it bit him in the ass. I have to call bulls*** on this pipe dream, although it would be funny to see.

I don't see anybody here that actually thinks it's going to happen. It's purely hypothetical and acknowledged as a pipe dream.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Bones @ Jul 12, 2008 -> 12:51 AM)
And anyone who says he should not come back should just shut it. He should play for as long as he feels like and as long as someone pays him.

He can play as long as he wants to, absolutely. But this drama game he's been playing for the last 3-4 years is really getting old. Actually it was old 2 years ago.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 12, 2008 -> 08:04 PM)
He can play as long as he wants to, absolutely. But this drama game he's been playing for the last 3-4 years is really getting old. Actually it was old 2 years ago.

The whole crying at Soldier Field a few years ago and than coming back was a joke and now it's annoying.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 12, 2008 -> 12:54 AM)
I'd like a Bear fan to give me a legitimate reason why Favre would come here. The offense placed around him would be perhaps the worst in the NFL outside of obviously Favre himself, and he could not win a Super Bowl here. Plus, he's have a PATHETIC offensive coordinator and a head coach that is all about defense, with a GM that couldn't recognize offensive talent if it bit him in the ass. I have to call bulls*** on this pipe dream, although it would be funny to see.

Money

QUOTE (shipps @ Jul 13, 2008 -> 08:30 AM)
Yeah but the Bears arent really in the position to give him alot.

He asked for one reason. I gave it to him. Besides, JA always seems to magically find money to throw at players he really wants, and keep it within the cap

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 02:39 PM)
I'm sure Farve would be creaming in his shorts to come to team with an offensive line from hell, no real running back threat to speak of, and a WR core that would be third best in the CFL.

I'm sure Farve would LOVE to play in Chicago.....

The Packers don't have the greatest offensive line either. The thing about Favre and unlike the rest of those shmucks on the Bears is that he makes things happen. Sure, he'll have this amount of picks, but he will help the Bears score more TDs and hell, I think the Bears could be headed to the NFC Title game if he plays for them.

Sure it is still a pipe dream, but its not that unrealistic IMO.

Favre's quick release and ability to scramble and move the pocket would make our oline look a hell of a lot better. The problem is the Bears have s*** at the RB spot (in the sheer sake that we are going with a completely unproven guy, albeit one with talent, and have no viable backups) and an even worse WR corp (sorry, Marty Booker is the only guy to ever prove himself at the WR position in the NFL and now he's at the twilight of his career). In fact, I'd go as far as saying that entering the season this is as bad of a WR corps as I've ever seen the Bears have.

QUOTE (The Beast @ Jul 14, 2008 -> 08:25 PM)
The Packers don't have the greatest offensive line either. The thing about Favre and unlike the rest of those shmucks on the Bears is that he makes things happen. Sure, he'll have this amount of picks, but he will help the Bears score more TDs and hell, I think the Bears could be headed to the NFC Title game if he plays for them.

Sure it is still a pipe dream, but its not that unrealistic IMO.

They allowed 19 sacks in 2007. Good for 3rd in the NFL. They also had a pretty potent running game during the season. I would say that is pretty good and the line had just a little to do with that.

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Jul 15, 2008 -> 01:00 AM)
They allowed 19 sacks in 2007. Good for 3rd in the NFL. They also had a pretty potent running game during the season. I would say that is pretty good and the line had just a little to do with that.

Umm, the Packers had one of the worst rushing attacks in the NFL up until about week 12.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jul 13, 2008 -> 07:57 AM)
Money

That's the real reason he's going to be in Green Bay if he comes back. He has 3/39 left on his deal, so it'd be an ENORMOUS cap hit to cut him and an even bigger one to trade him for Green Bay. Combine that with the fact that the Packers don't have to release or trade him, and Favre will have to swallow his pride and come back as a backup or a guy that earns his starting job, with the Packers, if he wants to play at all. Shouldn't have retired if you want to play, big boy.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 14, 2008 -> 10:03 PM)
In fact, I'd go as far as saying that entering the season this is as bad of a WR corps as I've ever seen the Bears have.

Yeah I'd say it's probably argubly the worst in the NFL right now (maybe the Titans and a couple of others), but the Bears are definitely down there.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 15, 2008 -> 12:08 AM)
Umm, the Packers had one of the worst rushing attacks in the NFL up until about week 12.

You do realize that is because they were passing at some ridiculous rate of like 70% of the time during the first 8 weeks or so of the season right?

I don't see why the Packers, after all that Favre has done for them, would not release him. Way to create a messy divorce for no reason. They'd be smartest to take him back, as he gives them the best chance to win a Superbowl, but to be absolute dicks and not release him is even lamer.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 15, 2008 -> 12:05 PM)
I don't see why the Packers, after all that Favre has done for them, would not release him. Way to create a messy divorce for no reason. They'd be smartest to take him back, as he gives them the best chance to win a Superbowl, but to be absolute dicks and not release him is even lamer.

I think they've just had it with his dicking them around every offseason about retiring/not retiring/retiring/unretiring, and they're just giving it back to him.

I think the last straw was this recent one where he calls them, they get everything ready to reintroduce him, and then he calls two days before the presser and re-quits.

It's too bad, but both sides seem to have an axe to grind in this, and the Packers know that if they grant Favre his release he'll probably end up a Viking. They seem more willing to rot him on the bench or try to work a non-divisional trade when someone's QB goes down.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jul 17, 2008 -> 08:57 AM)
I heard excerpts of the second half of the Favre interview on the way to work today. Favre burned that bridge to the ground, and p*ssed on the ashes.

Hate to break the news, but he was that way in Green Bay as well.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 17, 2008 -> 06:52 PM)
Hate to break the news, but he was that way in Green Bay as well.

He was what way? I know he was a diva, but I never heard him blow up the Green Bay GM like that before

• 3 weeks later...