Favre to the Jets

QUOTE (DBAH0 @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 04:00 PM)
John Madden just collapsed in happiness.

Really, this is just getting old.

The Packers have all the leverage here, but they'll come out looking like ass-holes if they don't do anything, considering how loved Farve is.

My guess is, eventually, he'll get traded or released, and either the Bears or the Panthers (don't know, Delhomme and Moore is a decent 1-2) will sign him.

I really, really, really doubt Carolina is going to happen. Minny seems the most likely place.

Everyone's saying the Packers will look bad at the end of this, but I just don't see that. Do most Packer fans really believe the team only exists to serve Favre?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 01:29 PM)
Am I the only Bears fan who would take a shot on Favre? Simply to piss off every Packer fan? And also to hope he still has something in the tank?

I would love for Favre to come play for the Bears...LOVE.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 01:34 PM)
I think its hilarious that Farve has not even missed training camp or a preseason game and everyone is pissed about his retirement?

It seems to me that the Packers wanted a 100% final commitment at the end of last season. It seems that Farve was burnt out after a long season and when pressed decided that he didnt want to do it 1 more year.

Now its a few months later. Hes had time to sit around and realizes that maybe the decision he made a few months ago was not the right one.

To me it sounds like the Packers completely screwed themselves when they basically forced Farve's hand when they wanted to know what to do with Rodgers. Instead of giving Farve time and letting him weigh things out (every year Strahan and other vets do the exact same thing) they forced him to make a decision without really fully thinking it through.

Im sorry but if Farve wants to play he should be able to, and if the Packers dont want him anymore, thats fine too. But that seems to be the real reason he retired in the first place, because he didnt feel like the Packers wanted him back.

As for potential Farve landing spot....

Atlanta Falcons?

I know he lives in the south and they could use a veteran QB while Ryan develops. It would also be a huge move for the Falcons to make fans start to forget about Vick, because Farve even in this stage of his career would be a huge fan favorite. Some what like Montana in KC.

Favre wants to win. The most logical fit is with the Vikings. A year ago, the most logical fit would be the Bears.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 03:29 PM)
Am I the only Bears fan who would take a shot on Favre? Simply to piss off every Packer fan? And also to hope he still has something in the tank?

No, I think just about any Bears fan with half a brain would love it even if it's the most unlikely scenario in the history of ever, and just for one year.

New on rotoworld! This is awesome.

FoxSports.com's Jay Glazer and the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel both report that the Packers would "never" release Brett Favre, as he requested Friday. They would rather trade him or make him Aaron Rodgers' backup.

Favre won't back up anyone, but the Packers won't just give away Favre for free. He writes that Favre was set to un-retire in late March, with both GM Ted Thompson and coach Mike McCarthy's approval. The Packers even chartered a jet for Favre to announce his return, but Favre changed his mind yet again two days before the scheduled announcement. The Packers then smartly decided to move on. This helps explain the team's motivations and why they will continue to play hardball. Jul. 11 - 5:37 pm et

"They would rather trade him or make him Aaron Rodgers' backup." Priceless.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 04:12 PM)
I dont think he would ever sign here. Maybe Minny because that rivalry isnt as strong as ours but I dont know if Favre would want to do that to the Green Bay fans who have loved him for years.

Not if they f*** him over like they seem to be wanting to do. I'm sure he'd love to beat the hell out of the Packers as a Bear if this situation causes the two to sour on each other.

If Favre goes to the Vikings, yikes... that team would have to be considered the favorite to win the division and probably the conference. That defense is going to be tough, and the offense is talented outside of Tavaris Jackson. Favre to Berrian would be annoying to hear, oh well lets hope he goes to the AFC and we don't have to bother with him

Favre would NEVER come to the Bears. They have the worst WR crew in football, and maybe the worst RB depth chart in football as well. Plus, the offensive line has two HUGE holes at the guard spots, and that is assuming Chris Williams can play well at tackle right away. He is old and wants to win now, and he'd have no shot at it with the Bears and their embarassing array of talent on offense.

If Favre were to become a free agent, his two most likely destinations would be Minnesota and Tampa Bay IMO, and in that order. The Packers would never release him, it'd be a HUGE cap hit and an even bigger public relations one. I could see him getting traded, but I would bet he is on the Packers next year if he plays at all. A lot of what is going on right now is posturing from both sides.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 06:40 PM)
He's no Sex Cannon.

frankly at this point...if you put both favre and grossman out on that field with that O line, that WR corps and that running game, im not sure favre really out does rex by much

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 02:29 PM)

I'd take him in a heart beat. I hate the packers, but you cant hate Favre. You have to respect the player.

Plus, yea, I'd be fun to pis them off.

I'd like to see Favre in a Bears uniform. The Bears would still suck this year but it would be funny to see him play for the team who was his rivals for his entire career. I'd say there's about a .001% chance of that happening though.

And anyone who says he should not come back should just shut it. He should play for as long as he feels like and as long as someone pays him.

I'd like a Bear fan to give me a legitimate reason why Favre would come here. The offense placed around him would be perhaps the worst in the NFL outside of obviously Favre himself, and he could not win a Super Bowl here. Plus, he's have a PATHETIC offensive coordinator and a head coach that is all about defense, with a GM that couldn't recognize offensive talent if it bit him in the ass. I have to call bulls*** on this pipe dream, although it would be funny to see.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jul 12, 2008 -> 11:39 AM)
haha whats funny is that rodgers is gonna get murdered for every loss, every INT, every mistake....i think its safe to say that rex wont be the most scrutinized QB out there anymore

Especially now that Eli has a free pass for life.