Ken Griffey Jr. + Cash to the White Sox

joejoesox

QUOTE (SpringfieldFan @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 08:26 AM)
Well, if all it takes to secure a spot on the roster and the love of the fans is to

tell some jokes, play with blowup dolls, and be really sorry for not hitting - then dang, I could do that, and cheap!!! I will even take my own train up there to sign!

SFF

No kidding.

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SpringfieldFan @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 08:26 AM)
Well, if all it takes to secure a spot on the roster and the love of the fans is to

tell some jokes, play with blowup dolls, and be really sorry for not hitting - then dang, I could do that, and cheap!!! I will even take my own train up there to sign!

SFF

If you did that while being an affordable young talented player who is entering his prime, then yes, you could.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 09:25 AM)
Jr hitting 15 points higher in average. I'd rather have my #6/7 hitter getting hits than walking.

The difference between .230 and .245 is a few singles. Hardly noticeable over the course of 4 months.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 08:24 AM)
Konerko is not washed up. I think he is still hurt and you'll see him go on the DL when this deal goes through. You don't see a drop off like this at 32.

He should use some of that 12 million to find a good supplier of HGH. Otherwise, him and his wittle owie on his hand can sit on the DL for the remainder of the season. Konerkos DL stinct prior to now didn't seem to do any good. Platooning him obviously won't help, either.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 09:29 AM)
The difference between .230 and .245 is a few singles. Hardly noticeable over the course of 4 months.

Griffey should be a LH bench player anyway with the Sox if he actually is staying here. He is basically a replacement for Wise's bat, and a backup corner OF'er/DH

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 09:24 AM)
Konerko is not washed up. I think he is still hurt and you'll see him go on the DL when this deal goes through. You don't see a drop off like this at 32.

When he's a headcase you do.

For the record, I've always been a Konerko backer, but the hanging his head crap is getting old. I wouldn't put up with it on my softball team.

Put me in the "way and see" catergory about this trade.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 08:24 AM)

we will disagree and I am with you that he will be DL'd whether he is injured or not, eitherway, I do not think he can play at a 11million dollar high caliber level anymore.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 08:29 AM)

I'd still rather have a few more singles from that slot since the odds of people on base are probably higher with CQ, Dye and Thome hitting in front. If that slot draws a walk who's going to knock him in? Toby Hall?

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 08:32 AM)
Or they're just waiting for Konerko to accept his NTC. We can pray.

Doubt it. All sources have said some insignificant minor leaguers to the Reds so far, which is what we can hope for. Even Reds fans dont see much value in Junior. If you can think of a playoff team that needs a LH hitting corner OF'er then maybe there is someone else involved.

One thing I do like is Griffey will be playing for a contender again. He's the kind of guy who steps it up when his team is actually playing for something. I fully expect Griff the finish off the season with a couple of good months at the plate, his defense in CF (if that's where he'll be playing) is another story, however.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 31, 2008 -> 03:34 PM)
Doubt it. All sources have said some insignificant minor leaguers to the Reds so far, which is what we can hope for. Even Reds fans dont see much value in Junior. If you can think of a playoff team that needs a LH hitting corner OF'er then maybe there is someone else involved.

Oh I know, hence my request for some divine intervention here.