8/3 Wsox vs Royals: Richard vs Grienke 1:10

GoodAsGould

This is definitely an important game, I think both for the whitesox. a successful roadtrip(still 1st) and possibly for Richard. I would imagine if he gets rocked around in the 4th/5th inning this will be his last start regardless of Contreras health.

Also first time i posted a game thread :gosoxretro:

Edited by SoxFan101

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 07:13 AM)
This is the game I expected us to lose as Greinke looks to be getting better and better overall as the year goes on. He would look great in our rotation. Hopefully Richard settles down.

Maybe at home. He dominated the Sox last time in KC, but I dont think he got out of the second inning the following game at the Cell. He got bombed

Hopefully Clayton gets both good defense and good luck this time out. He has pitched a lot better than the stats say. I'd like to see him get his first win and then help us in the pen from here on out. If he does well today, management will really shorten the leash on Contreras's 3-inning beatings.

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 09:04 AM)
Hopefully Clayton gets both good defense and good luck this time out. He has pitched a lot better than the stats say. I'd like to see him get his first win and then help us in the pen from here on out. If he does well today, management will really shorten the leash on Contreras's 3-inning beatings.

he's shown to be a 2-time through the lineup pitcher, 3rd time he gets lit up, just like what happened to danks last year

hopefully ozzie pulls him before that happens, let the kid leave with some confidence

Miracles have happened before and if Richard is going to be abig league pitcher it's a game where he needs to show it. We can't be counting on a four inning pitcher to be a saviour. We'll see I guess. I hope he can step up and deliver. We need the win to salvage the road trip and take us home on a good note.

In his first start, he was too amped up... ended up overthrowing and ran up his pitch count early.

In his last start, he struggled with command of his slider which made him overdependent on the fastball and resulted in him being too predictable... which is why people caught up with him after seeing him a couple of times.

He needs command of both the slider and the fastball to be effective. If he has it, he could have a nice outing. If not, expect him out by the 5th.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 10:17 AM)
he's shown to be a 2-time through the lineup pitcher, 3rd time he gets lit up, just like what happened to danks last year

hopefully ozzie pulls him before that happens, let the kid leave with some confidence

I figure Richard deserves more than 2 starts to be defined.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 11:30 AM)
Its 115 degrees on the field right now. I dont really mind seeing some of the older guys getting time off on days like this

He's a DH, he's hot, and we are off tomorrow.

I still think Fields should be out there. Yeah Uribe's glove is "fantastic" and what ever else, but it was just pointless in calling up Josh if he was just gonna keep Uribes buffet seat warm.

QUOTE (JFields27 @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 12:54 PM)
I still think Fields should be out there. Yeah Uribe's glove is "fantastic" and what ever else, but it was just pointless in calling up Josh if he was just gonna keep Uribes buffet seat warm.

I think Josh's play may have screwed him out of a starting spot next year.

QUOTE (JFields27 @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 11:54 AM)

Unfortunately Josh just isnt hitting. The hitch in his swing is just huge, and he is missing fastballs that he should be crushing. Until he starts mashing we are gonna see a platoon with him and Juan, and Juan is going to get more PT because of a far superior glove

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 12:56 PM)
I think Josh's play may have screwed him out of a starting spot next year.

what has he done to screw him out of a spot? .. I'm pretty sure you have to be played consistently before he gets that ax already. Some of Ozzie comments even say that Fields is good, he just wants Uribe's glove. I think Josh has shown much more patient at the plate and has been walked in good situations. He really hasnt had that chance to hit it out of the ballpark. I'm sure he'll be in later in the game if it gets to that point and you can trust his glove though its not that horrible, just no flashy plays like your uribe spins and throws.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 12:59 PM)
Unfortunately Josh just isnt hitting. The hitch in his swing is just huge, and he is missing fastballs that he should be crushing. Until he starts mashing we are gonna see a platoon with him and Juan, and Juan is going to get more PT because of a far superior glove

right right, but he and ozzie know that he leaves as soon as Crede is good to go, so it'd be nice if everyone could get a better look at him, the only time he looked terrible was the game he had 3 k's, uribe came in for him and combined they got that golden sombero

QUOTE (JFields27 @ Aug 3, 2008 -> 12:01 PM)
right right, but he and ozzie know that he leaves as soon as Crede is good to go, so it'd be nice if everyone could get a better look at him, the only time he looked terrible was the game he had 3 k's, uribe came in for him and combined they got that golden sombero

I know you like Josh, but he has K'ed 9 times in 20 at bats already, and has only taken 3 walks. Thats not great. I understand Juan isnt a great hitter either, but right now his glove is leaps and bounds better, and occasionally lately he is running into a fastball and actually hitting it