Your second place Chicago White Sox

fathom

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not understand the posters who say that this team can make the playoffs, but cannot make a post season run.

This is baseball, any team can beat any other team on any given night.

Would you feel better if we had Jeff Weaver, Anthony Reyes and Jeff Suppan in our rotation? Because that team won a World Series less than 2 years ago.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Aug 5, 2008 -> 05:41 AM)
They only play fundamental baseball in Minny. No one told them they had to do it on the road. Amazing what open air and grass can do.

And not having air conditioning keeping the ball in the park?

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 4, 2008 -> 11:43 PM)
Hell yes, I hope it would. Go back and read my very first post...I said I hoped it was a short thread.

We still need to win to keep it closed, and I sure hope it does.

QUOTE (KipWellsFan @ Aug 5, 2008 -> 05:47 AM)
Longest Yahoo inning summary I've ever seen.

Seattle Inning Summary

- K. Johjima grounded out to third - Y. Betancourt singled to left - I. Suzuki walked, Y. Betancourt to second - W. Bloomquist singled to right, Y. Betancourt to third, I. Suzuki to second - R. Ibanez homered to deep right, W. Bloomquist, I. Suzuki and Y. Betancourt scored - B. Bass relieved G. Perkins - A. Beltre doubled to deep left - J. Lopez singled to right, A. Beltre scored - C. Breslow relieved C. Breslow - J. Lopez to second on passed ball - J. Vidro popped out to third - M. Cairo hit for B. LaHair - M. Cairo walked - M. Guerrier relieved C. Breslow - J. Clement hit for K. Johjima - J. Clement singled to right, J. Lopez to third, M. Cairo to second, J. Lopez scored, M. Cairo to third, J. Clement to second on right fielder D. Span's throwing error - Y. Betancourt singled to shortstop, M. Cairo scored, J. Clement scored, Y. Betancourt to second on shortstop B. Harris' throwing error - I. Suzuki intentionally walked - W. Bloomquist walked, Y. Betancourt to third, I. Suzuki to second - R. Ibanez singled to center, I. Suzuki and Y. Betancourt scored, W. Bloomquist out at home - End of Inning (10 Runs, 8 Hits, 2 Errors)