2008 Beijing Summer Olympics Thread

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Aug 9, 2008 -> 05:19 AM)
I heard on the radio that some US Coach had been stabbed to death, I think they said it was of the volleyball team.

Actually, it was a relative of the volleyball coach, but still very sad regardless... The murderer committed suicide after the attack.

Good to see the first U.S.A. Basketball game is actually on T.V. not only live, but at a reasonable time to watch (9 AM here in the central time zone on a Sunday morning). Hopefully they play well, it is certainly an interesting dynamic to have them opening against the host nation.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Aug 9, 2008 -> 11:53 AM)
I caught glimpses of the opening ceremony yesterday and was amazed by everything. Very well done. Especially the fireworks. I'd actually consider purchasing a DVD of it at some point because I don't believe anything will top it.

China Spent 40 Billion dollars on prepping for the games... besides the smog, it looks like money well spent.

QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 9, 2008 -> 03:12 PM)
I wonder how and if Chicago can afford to top that.

They wont try. China is trying to put it self on the map. They are trying to say "ignore all our human rights and boarder line dictatorship... look at how cool we can be".

Chicago wants to do the whole things for a few billion and they think they will break even with all the generated revenue.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Aug 9, 2008 -> 10:55 AM)
Women's Sabre was a USA sweep.

We take the medals lead with our success. :usa

I happen to catch that but I just didnt get it.I didnt understand the scoring and the lights on their head.I never could see who had actually got the point and why.