White Sox Winner

Balta1701

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Aug 26, 2008 -> 09:00 PM)
It sure seems like Gavin comes through when the team needs him the most. Gotta love the 3.70 ERA from a starter who as of last year was nothing but a colossal bust.

Gavin Floyd has won my heart with long hair, a neck beard, a bald head, and his cute face. :wub:

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Aug 26, 2008 -> 07:00 PM)
It sure seems like Gavin comes through when the team needs him the most. Gotta love the 3.70 ERA from a starter who as of last year was nothing but a colossal bust.

And the good news...he's still only 25, and he's really the equivalent of a 2nd year pitcher in experience. He could well get better from here.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Aug 26, 2008 -> 10:17 PM)
It didn't take much to know he had talent- he wasn't a 2001 top 5 pick for nothing.

I'm not about to put Jon Adkins in my rotation, Darin Erstad in centerfield, or Ben Davis at catcher any time soon.

He looked like he had completely flamed out as a prospect and the Sox found something in him.

Boy, it sure is great to have a lineup that has so many great hitters in it. Swisher, Quentin, Dye, Thome, Konerko, Griffey, Ramirez, those are guys that can HURT the opposition at any time, a great mix of OBP, power, and contact skills as well

Kudos for KW for putting this together. Just shows how irrevelent speed is to a good baseball team. This teams gets on base and gets extra base hits: works well!

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 26, 2008 -> 10:26 PM)
I'm not about to put Jon Adkins in my rotation, Darin Erstad in centerfield, or Ben Davis at catcher any time soon.

He looked like he had completely flamed out as a prospect and the Sox found something in him.

Jon Adkins wasnt as high a pick as those other two guys

Great win. Lots of hits again. Hopefully the Sox are settling in believing it is there for the taking. Thank god Minnie is playing normal baseball on the fricking road and not winning every game. Thanks Angels for battling back to win the final two games of that series, and thanks Seattle for not being afraid of this Twins team which ain't that good. Oh it's good enough to win the division, but it's not a team to be FEARED! Of course it's one game at a time. How bout one more win vs the O's Mr. danks and the Sox?

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 26, 2008 -> 10:42 PM)
Gaining two games in just over a day's worth of hours is solid.

WELL DONE Gavin. That was needed and we can kind of air out the bullpen if we need to tomorrow with the day off Thursday. Let's get another win tomorrow, and hopefully the offense keeps it up.

absolutely; if the offense shows up again, I see no reason why a sweep wouldn't be in order.

and by show up, I mean merely score 5 runs. Danks is pitching, and he's a stud, and even if he can't get through 6 innings, you can burn through the pen. I've never seen Liz pitch, but by all accounts he has fantastic stuff but apparently can't use it as a starter. He's been torched. I'm expecting 8 runs tomorrow, even considering they've never seen him before. Work him into hitter's counts and drill his s***.