Indians @ White Sox

Heads22

Let's face it: We're at home. We have a real pitcher going against another no name. We should win. Another loss adds to this monumental collapse. I mean get swept by Cleveland at home?? What's Steve Stone's take been on all this on the radio??

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 27, 2008 -> 10:24 PM)
Let's go with lineup of Cabrera, AJP, Dye, Thome, Konerko, Griffey, Ramirez, Swisher, Uribe

I really hope this is tomorrow's lineup....Im really positive we are going to win tomorrow. Buehrle isn't going to fail us and our hitting will score enough runs to win. I do think the Twins are going to win tomorrow as well though....

Doesn't Buerhle usually have a tough time with Cleveland? I know he's pitched some great games against them, but I think he's worn it more than a couple times. It will be interesting since its short rest, he threw 120 pitches his last start and I really don't think Ozzie wants to call the bullpen phone. Does having Buerhle miss a spring training start come into play here?

Buerhle is 1-5 with a 6.75 ERA against Cleveland the last 3 seasons. He's due.

Edited by Dick Allen

as bad/maddening as its been ...you have to admit its exciting that its coming down to the last game or 2 ...a one game playoff

would be historic..not that any of us want it to happen. But a one game playoff for it all...i want to see it

just for the record...i would not be suprised if the Royals swept the twins. The royals are the hottest team in baseball, and even duckworth has been pretty decetn lately. 3.71 era in his last 3 starts.

Royals have won 8 straight road games and 14-3 in their last 17 games. You would of thought they were fighting for a playoff spot. You gotta hand it to the royals for giving us a chance with how bad we are playing.

Last night was brutal but lets go back 2 days. A lot of us thought both teams would win the first two, but we both lost. So we are in the same boat. Win 3 in a row vs 3 diffrent teams at home and win the division.

A 3-game winnning streak is all it takes to get into the playoffs. Judging by how bad the Sox have been in the past 10 games, they are do for something, so why not a 3-game win streak? I am fairly confident we win today, so it depends on the Twins. But we got nobody to blame but ourselves, in the three game series against the Tribe, we faced barely major league pitchers and lost. Tomorrow, if we win today, we get Freddy Garcia on Monday, who also is barely an ML pitcher. Things could not have been made better for this team matchup wise even going back to the Twins series.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Sep 28, 2008 -> 11:17 AM)
I am debating whether or not to put myself through the agony of watching the game, or just doing homework I have put off because of the Sox earlier in the week and checking at 4.

If you don't watch, you'll be thinking about it all offseason when there are no games on.

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 28, 2008 -> 11:01 AM)
If you don't watch, you'll be thinking about it all offseason when there are no games on.

honestly, i've missed the last 2 games.. and i'm not gonna be thinking about it. I'm gonna be thinking about how cool it is that we get to watch the last week of the season and care about it, regardless of outcome, and i'm going to be certain that we'll have a team worth watching next year as well.