"Don't Trade Vazquez" official thread

Paint it Black

ok,most of us want javy gone and theres all that speculation about trading him, but if we do, who replaces him? all we do is talk about getting rid of him but not the replacement

buehrle'

floyd

danks

?

?

if we were to get someone like freddy or use a minor leaguer , that would be for the 5th spot. what about the 4th spot? (im not counting on jose at all) we just might be better off with javy

Edited by Melissa1334

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Nov 6, 2008 -> 11:37 AM)
ok,most of us want javy gone and theres all that speculation about trading him, but if we do, who replaces him? all we do is talk about getting rid of him but not the replacement

buehrle'

floyd

danks

?

?

if we were to get someone like freddy or use a minor leaguer , that would be for the 5th spot. what about the 4th spot? (im not counting on jose at all) we just might be better off with javy

I still and will continue to think that Daniel Cabrera is a viable option. I see him as more of a reliever, but if he ever can harness his stuff, he'll be a stud.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 6, 2008 -> 03:58 PM)
I still and will continue to think that Daniel Cabrera is a viable option. I see him as more of a reliever, but if he ever can harness his stuff, he'll be a stud.

everyone here loves his stuff but he has yet to do anything with it. coop is good but we cant assume he will fix him. i dont know, i just dont see him all of the sudden turning the corner. although i would take a flier on him too

looking at his number, my god they make u cringe lol

180ip, 90 bbs, only 95 ks,199 hits, 5.25 era yikes lol

Edited by Melissa1334

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Nov 6, 2008 -> 05:16 PM)
everyone here loves his stuff but he has yet to do anything with it. coop is good but we cant assume he will fix him. i dont know, i just dont see him all of the sudden turning the corner. although i would take a flier on him too

looking at his number, my god they make u cringe lol

180ip, 90 bbs, only 95 ks,199 hits, 5.25 era yikes lol

Great stuff with limited results. Why does that sound familiar to me?

Javy might not do much in pressure games, but at least he helps us get to the point where we can actually be in the playoffs. Could imagine where we would have been this past season with Javy and either Broadway or Richard in his place? I guarantee we would not have made the playoffs if that was the case.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Nov 7, 2008 -> 10:25 AM)
Javy might not do much in pressure games, but at least he helps us get to the point where we can actually be in the playoffs. Could imagine where we would have been this past season with Javy and either Broadway or Richard in his place? I guarantee we would not have made the playoffs if that was the case.

Dont guarantee anything. Richard outperformed Javy heads and tails down the stretch. Especially when he relieved him in game 1

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Nov 7, 2008 -> 10:32 AM)
Dont guarantee anything. Richard outperformed Javy heads and tails down the stretch. Especially when he relieved him in game 1

Oh please. When will people like you realize Richard is a pretty terrible starter? He might make it as a reliever because he won't have to face the lineup more than once, but quite simply, he doesn't have the stuff to make it as a starter.

Also, it isn't that tough for anyone to out preform Vazquez with the way Vazquez pitched down the stretch.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Nov 7, 2008 -> 10:37 AM)
Oh please. When will people like you realize Richard is a pretty terrible starter? He might make it as a reliever because he won't have to face the lineup more than once, but quite simply, he doesn't have the stuff to make it as a starter.

Also, it isn't that tough for anyone to out preform Vazquez with the way Vazquez pitched down the stretch.

Oh Please, When will people like you stop making predictions as if you know everything?

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Nov 7, 2008 -> 10:45 AM)
Oh Please, When will people like you stop making predictions as if you know everything?

It doesn't take a baseball expert to see that Richard quite simply does not have the stuff to make it as more then a very mediocre-bad starting pitcher.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Nov 7, 2008 -> 10:55 AM)
It doesn't take a baseball expert to see that Richard quite simply does not have the stuff to make it as more then a very mediocre-bad starting pitcher.

Again... you obviously don't like the guy.

But your opinion should not be stated as fact.

IMO, he does have the stuff.

Here's a quote from MiLB.com who selected Richard as WhiteSox Minor League Pitcher of the Year over Aaron Poreda...

Clayton Richard, RHP: Richard edged Poreda for postseason laurels after going 12-6 with a 2.47 ERA at Birmingham and Triple-A Charlotte, earning the start for the U.S. team in the All-Star Futures Game and a spot on the White Sox postseason roster. He posted a 1.42 ERA in 6 1/3 playoff innings, which led all AL pitchers who tossed at least one inning per game. He was 6-6 with a 2.47 ERA at Birmingham and didn't miss a beat moving up to Charlotte, where he was 6-0 with a 2.45 ERA. The control freak walked only 20 in 127 2/3 Minor League innings while fanning 86.

Edited by scenario

How is Mike MacDougal doing with all of that "great stuff" that you bragged about all the time?

I will leave the player evaluation to the teams and their personnel, not the kids with a keyboard who think they know what a "baseball expert" would say

I like how people fail to notice that once the lineup went around once in that game, the Rays started to actually hit Richard. He's an okay pen guy but that's it.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Nov 7, 2008 -> 11:25 AM)

Empty division titles no longer mean anything to this fan

League Championships and World Series are all I really care about

I used to hang my hat on division crowns, but honestly who the hell cares anymore if you don't go any further.

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Nov 10, 2008 -> 11:51 AM)

I used to hang my hat on division crowns, but honestly who the hell cares anymore if you don't go any further.

You know, honestly, I disagree, at least for me personally. This season, with the roster we currently have, I was quite content with the division. Esepcially without Jose and God, I didn't think we were good enough to go for the full boat, and I just didn't want to lose to the Twinkies, and we didn't.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 10, 2008 -> 01:12 PM)
You know, honestly, I disagree, at least for me personally. This season, with the roster we currently have, I was quite content with the division. Esepcially without Jose and God, I didn't think we were good enough to go for the full boat, and I just didn't want to lose to the Twinkies, and we didn't.

Agreed.

And one more thing: The Sox have had a huge "Twinkie Monkey Demon" on their back for several seasons and that was finally exorcised this season. I think it will carry over in coming seasons that while we'll still respect Minnie and their organization, we'll no longer have this excessive admiration/fear of them which has contributed to previous choke jobs.

For that reason alone, this season marked a point of real progress for me. Expectations are appropriate for an even better season in '09.

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Nov 10, 2008 -> 01:51 PM)

Division titles mean a great deal to alot of people.

Think about it...

When a team wins a division title that generally means the fans of that team had a pretty good, if not great, summer.

Losing in a short 3-out-of-5 ALDS series doesn't change that.

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Nov 10, 2008 -> 02:51 PM)

QUOTE (Hatchetman @ Nov 10, 2008 -> 04:28 PM)
Division titles mean more $$ for the payroll, which is good. Otherwise they mean nothing to me.

I could not disagree more about division titles meaning nothing, but it is interesting the change in fan expectations after 2005.

I found this pretty interesting.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseb...0,2316997.story

Although Dye and pitcher Javier Vazquez have limited no-trade clauses, dealing them could help the Sox address needs of speed, youth and catching depth.

St. Louis, which is looking for starting pitching and outfield help, could entice the Sox with a package that includes top outfield prospect Colby Rasmus, who is a leadoff typ

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 14, 2008 -> 01:44 PM)

yeah, that was just kind of thrown out there, wasn't it? usually a beat guy wouldn't make that kind of specific observation if there wasn't some traction to the idea.