ESPN radio reporting Mets/White Sox talks heating up...

Fantl916

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BFirebird @ Nov 21, 2008 -> 05:14 PM)
Well then I definitely don't believe it. We are getting Heilman for sure now.

That's not necessarily a bad thing. Heilman can be one of the best relievers in the game. In 2006 he was downright filthy. If we get Heilman in this deal I love this even more. He makes his home in Chicago, and is an Indiana native. Some players just aren't meant to play in New York, Heilman may be one of them.

The Mets haven't been able to figure out what is wrong with Heilman, which to me just screams that the man needs a change of scenery and a fresh start.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 21, 2008 -> 03:49 PM)
On a sidenote, giving up just one of Pelfrey or Martinez for Jenks and Javy would be highway f***ing robbery by the Mets. Theyd' be robbing the Sox blindly.

How often have we read other teams boards and thought, the fans are f***ing nuts, no way the Sox would accept that. And I'm certain they look at ours and think the same thing sometimes.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 21, 2008 -> 05:16 PM)
Apparently they've never heard of John Danks, nor did they realize that Quentin is 100 percent untouchable.

People who live in NY don't know anything about the Sox unless ESPN told them. I live in NY and that stereotype is not a myth.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Nov 21, 2008 -> 05:21 PM)
I agree with who said that Pelfrey won't be in the deal. I just can't see the Mets trading a 24 year old SP who posted a 3.8 ERA last year. Plus, he's a Boras client.

If that happens, we'd have to get Heilmann, Murphy, and someone else, but the Mets would be robbing us then.

BTW, Dan Murphy strained his hamstring yesterday and is skipping winter ball. I don't know what effect that has.

Linky

QUOTE (Texsox @ Nov 21, 2008 -> 04:18 PM)
How often have we read other teams boards and thought, the fans are f***ing nuts, no way the Sox would accept that. And I'm certain they look at ours and think the same thing sometimes.

Well at the same time if people just nitpicked certain posters trade proposals on this forum I would bet other fanbases think that whitesox fans are nuts. Bottom line though Pelfrey is coming off an avg. year while he greatly struggled last and Martinez is just a prospect. While they would be receiving a proven closer, under contract for a few more years still and a veteran SP that prob will put up a similar era to Pelfrey in the NL in a pitchers park with more innings and double the K's.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Nov 21, 2008 -> 04:21 PM)
I agree with who said that Pelfrey won't be in the deal. I just can't see the Mets trading a 24 year old SP who posted a 3.8 ERA last year. Plus, he's a Boras client.

If that happens, we'd have to get Heilmann, Murphy, and someone else, but the Mets would be robbing us then.

I don't understand why Pelfrey being a Boras client would make the Sox not want him. He's not a FA for a while, and the Sox have dealt with pre-FA Boras clients before.

QUOTE (CWSOX45 @ Nov 21, 2008 -> 04:17 PM)
That's not necessarily a bad thing. Heilman can be one of the best relievers in the game. In 2006 he was downright filthy. If we get Heilman in this deal I love this even more. He makes his home in Chicago, and is an Indiana native. Some players just aren't meant to play in New York, Heilman may be one of them.

The Mets haven't been able to figure out what is wrong with Heilman, which to me just screams that the man needs a change of scenery and a fresh start.

However, he wants out of NY because he wants to be a starter. I wouldn't trade for him if you plan on putting him in the pen.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Nov 21, 2008 -> 09:35 PM)
Okay if we can only give up Jenks and Vazquez for Martinez and Pelfrey, I would do that in a heartbeat. Martinez is a f***ing stud and Pelfrey has a bright future. I'd maybe want another piece, but why would the Mets do this? But...it's probably both guys for either Martinez or Pelfrey. I'm not sure- I still may consider that.

Getting prospects for proven veterans for our side doesn't sound like a KW deal to me. Plus two of our pitchers would leave quite a hole unless we have some free agent for sure signings.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Nov 21, 2008 -> 04:33 PM)
How about Pelfrey, Heilman and Murphy for Vazquez, Jenks and Dye?

That's not just highway robbery; that is Kenny Williams driving into the worst neighborhood in town, finding a thug on the side of the road, stopping, getting out, offering the keys, presenting him with the title to the car, then sucking off the guy in the back seat and waving good-bye to him as he pulls off.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Nov 21, 2008 -> 04:39 PM)
That's not just highway robbery; that is Kenny Williams driving into the worst neighborhood in town, finding a thug on the side of the road, stopping, getting out, offering the keys, presenting him with the title to the car, then sucking off the guy in the back seat and waving good-bye to him as he pulls off.

Quite a visual there.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Nov 21, 2008 -> 02:21 PM)

Joe Crede is a Boras client. How long was he on the team for?

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Nov 21, 2008 -> 05:39 PM)

:lolhitting

I'd do Heilman, Murphy, and Pelfrey for Vazquez and Jenks, but not for Dye, Jenks, and Vazquez. NO NO NO

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Nov 21, 2008 -> 11:39 PM)

How do you figure? Sox free up $30mil from the books. They sign, say, Frucal and Lowe. So you are looking at Dye, Jenks, Vazquez for Frucal, Lowe, Pelfrey, Heilman and Murphy. Not bad if you ask me.

QUOTE (striker62704 @ Nov 21, 2008 -> 04:49 PM)
How do you figure? Sox free up $30mil from the books. They sign, say, Frucal and Lowe. So you are looking at Dye, Jenks, Vazquez for Frucal, Lowe, Pelfrey, Heilman and Murphy. Not bad if you ask me.

That is IF you can sign them. That is a BIG IF.

Also, I am under the belief they are trying to cut payroll. I don't see any big time FA coming.

If I understand correctly, this is real life and not MLB 2k7.

Sorry for the asshole comment, but for something like you suggested were to happen, this would be MLB 2k7.