Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 18, 2009 -> 11:56 AM)
I'll be there too.

cool, where you staying? I'm staying at Harrah's, but tournament will be watched at Venitian (sp?, my head is already there!) book. I usually bust out my game worn Wunsch jersey once a trip to vegas so if you see it come up and say hi.

Here's some first round games I like, i'll just list who I will bet

USC

UCLA

Memphis

Clemson

Cal

Mich. St.

Arizona

West Va

The 'Cuse

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Mar 18, 2009 -> 11:53 AM)
cool, where you staying? I'm staying at Harrah's, but tournament will be watched at Venitian (sp?, my head is already there!) book. I usually bust out my game worn Wunsch jersey once a trip to vegas so if you see it come up and say hi.

Here's some first round games I like, i'll just list who I will bet

USC

UCLA

Memphis

Clemson

Cal

Mich. St.

Arizona

West Va

The 'Cuse

We got a pretty sweet deal at the Wynn so we are staying there. It was cheaper than every other hotel on the strip. I love Priceline. I'll keep my eye out for you, I figure you'll be the only one in Vegas with a Wunsch jersey. Three teams I love are USC, UCLA

One more reason not to hire a personal trainer.

Today, I notice one of these idiots 'training' someone using one of those big, rubber balls full of air that people use for everything now it seems, I forget what they're called. Anyway, this genius slowly climbs up onto this thing, so that he is wobbling and barely able to stand on it. At this point, he has 100% of my attention, because we all know where this is headed. As I walk over to get a closer look, he goes into a really slow golf swing. Now I don't golf, so I'm not sure exactly how standing on this ball is supposed to improve your swing, but I bet he's fed this poor bastard some line about balance and strict form and discipline through your swing. I have to admit, up to this point, even though he's extremely wobbly, I'm impressed that he's still standing on it. Then the f***head goes into a full swing, loses his balance, falls off and hits his head on a mirrror. Yes, he was dumb enough to do it near a wall.

:lolhitting

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 19, 2009 -> 06:04 PM)

Today, I notice one of these idiots 'training' someone using one of those big, rubber balls full of air that people use for everything now it seems, I forget what they're called. Anyway, this genius slowly climbs up onto this thing, so that he is wobbling and barely able to stand on it. At this point, he has 100% of my attention, because we all know where this is headed. As I walk over to get a closer look, he goes into a really slow golf swing. Now I don't golf, so I'm not sure exactly how standing on this ball is supposed to improve your swing, but I bet he's fed this poor bastard some line about balance and strict form and discipline through your swing. I have to admit, up to this point, even though he's extremely wobbly, I'm impressed that he's still standing on it. Then the f***head goes into a full swing, loses his balance, falls off and hits his head on a mirrror. Yes, he was dumb enough to do it near a wall.

That is awesome.

good read lool

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 19, 2009 -> 06:04 PM)

There was a trainer at the gym I went to who was fat. I don't mean a little overweight, the guy was enormous. My friends and I would laugh our asses off when he was wearing his red shirt with "trainer" on the back. We called him "fat trainer" or "obese trainer." after like a week or two he switched to a shirt that said "staff" on the back.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Mar 24, 2009 -> 02:01 PM)
There was a trainer at the gym I went to who was fat. I don't mean a little overweight, the guy was enormous. My friends and I would laugh our asses off when he was wearing his red shirt with "trainer" on the back. We called him "fat trainer" or "obese trainer." after like a week or two he switched to a shirt that said "staff" on the back.

I always wondered what Herm Schneider did before he landed the gig with the White Sox.

;)

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 26, 2009 -> 08:17 AM)
The Chicagoland area might get some accumulating snow on Saturday. Kill Me now.

Don't you guys think you're taking this whole winter thing to extremes, now. Come on, it's almost April!

:P

I am sure that this has been discovered by many a soxtalker already, but I feel like a kid on Christmas all over again playing on my Commodore 64.

Dutch-telnet-ascii-star-wars-madness.

telnet towel.blinkenlights.nl

Telnet to this dutch server, and star wars episode IV plays as an ascii movie.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Mar 27, 2009 -> 12:32 AM)
I am sure that this has been discovered by many a soxtalker already, but I feel like a kid on Christmas all over again playing on my Commodore 64.

Dutch-telnet-ascii-star-wars-madness.

telnet towel.blinkenlights.nl

Telnet to this dutch server, and star wars episode IV plays as an ascii movie.

Is it the same animation as the one at asciimation.co.nz?

Good stuff. . . created by bored people.

Edited by FlaSoxxJim

QUOTE (lostfan @ Mar 30, 2009 -> 03:17 PM)
I just tossed a highlighter at a co-worker just joking around, it hit her so she bent over to pick it up and throw it back at me. I saw down her shirt. Totally sweet.

:headbang

The only thing better than reveling on our infantile "guy" behaviors is sharing them with other equally childish SoxTalkers.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Mar 30, 2009 -> 01:17 PM)
I just tossed a highlighter at a co-worker just joking around, it hit her so she bent over to pick it up and throw it back at me. I saw down her shirt. Totally sweet.

Good work. Yesterday afternoon it suddenly got very windy for about an hour and a lot of women were wearing skirts. Must have seen at least 3 skirts blow WAY up.