Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Sep 21, 2009 -> 11:52 AM)
I got "surprise gayed" by one of my college friends recently. It’s a weird feeling, because it makes you reexamine every conversation you ever had with the guy. I don’t think I’ve ever said anything homophobic to him, but I was pretty open about talking to him about getting girls, essentially, I talked to him like a straight guy would talk to another straight guy. I know this shouldn’t bother me, because I never even suspected he was gay, but I do wonder if I ever seemed like an asshole in any of our conversations.

Dude, you guys need to get over stuff like this. I know it isn't easy, but just cause someones gay doesn't mean you have to talk to them any different.

And I will say this is easier said than done, but I was once pretty homophobic and now I'm pretty far from it. And my best friend from age 3 into high school ultimately came out and is openly gay. I'm not best friends with him anymore but it has nothing to do with the fact that he's gay, we just evolved and have different interests but still keep in touch.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 22, 2009 -> 05:32 PM)
Dude, you guys need to get over stuff like this. I know it isn't easy, but just cause someones gay doesn't mean you have to talk to them any different.

And I will say this is easier said than done, but I was once pretty homophobic and now I'm pretty far from it. And my best friend from age 3 into high school ultimately came out and is openly gay. I'm not best friends with him anymore but it has nothing to do with the fact that he's gay, we just evolved and have different interests but still keep in touch.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter. People are, who they are.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 22, 2009 -> 11:51 PM)
At the end of the day, it doesn't matter. People are, who they are.

And you just happen to be an asshole. Not your fault, it's who you are.

lol sorry that was too easy, I had a burning urge

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 23, 2009 -> 12:14 AM)
And you just happen to be an asshole. Not your fault, it's who you are.

lol sorry that was too easy, I had a burning urge

Like I always say... I could totally win the lottery, because money wouldn't change me... I have always been a dick!

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 22, 2009 -> 06:32 PM)

I’m not saying I talk to him any differently. I’m just saying its changed things. We hang out just as much as we used to, but there’s a different dynamic too it. I don’t give a damn that he’s gay, it just startled me. It’s irrational to think that something like that, coming out of leftfield, wouldn’t alter anything in our relationship.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 22, 2009 -> 05:32 PM)

LOL. Shut up dude. If I were to come to you and tell you I was gay you would be totally freaked out and shocked and feel betrayed and lied to and dirty and......turned on and stuff.

So my wife had a court appointment this morning, going to try to get child support from her daughter's father. This is not going to go well for him, he's going to be pissed off when he inevitably loses his case but he should've thought about this while he was in the process of failing to meet even my wife's absurdly low expectations (she only wanted like 100 a month). Whatever the court decides it'll be much, much more than that.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 28, 2009 -> 12:31 PM)
So my wife had a court appointment this morning, going to try to get child support from her daughter's father. This is not going to go well for him, he's going to be pissed off when he inevitably loses his case but he should've thought about this while he was in the process of failing to meet even my wife's absurdly low expectations (she only wanted like 100 a month). Whatever the court decides it'll be much, much more than that.

Guaranteed.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 28, 2009 -> 01:36 PM)
Guaranteed.

I normally complain about how biased the courts tend to be towards responsible fathers but when a guy acts like he's doing the mother a favor or makes a bunch of excuses I don't have much to say. Had he just cooperated a bare minimum amount she'd have kept letting him slide. He couldn't even do that. Oh well.

So I have a gym membership, which of course I never use but I have to keep paying until January. Anyway I had it set to automatically bill me and I get a note in the mail today saying I owe like 300-something dollars. So I'm like WTF is this s***, they say they didn't get my card's expiration date so they just stopped charging me. I never noticed, and they never notified me, they wait until now to do it. And they have the audacity to charge me a late fee too.

Decision made: gym membership in 2010 unnecessary

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 28, 2009 -> 05:00 PM)
So I have a gym membership, which of course I never use but I have to keep paying until January. Anyway I had it set to automatically bill me and I get a note in the mail today saying I owe like 300-something dollars. So I'm like WTF is this s***, they say they didn't get my card's expiration date so they just stopped charging me. I never noticed, and they never notified me, they wait until now to do it. And they have the audacity to charge me a late fee too.

Decision made: gym membership in 2010 unnecessary

Yea.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 29, 2009 -> 02:18 PM)
What format are you transferring it from? Over IDE cables? USB 2.0?

I am putting it on to an 1 TB external hard drive for storage and back up. The old computer has a 40GB hard drive and a 256 RAM. I need that smilie of the dude smacking his head into a wall.

That really shouldn't take that long, it takes me a couple of hours to back up and it takes me about as long to restore it. Then again 8 GB of RAM so... yeah. I didn't think it'd affect it that much.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 29, 2009 -> 02:33 PM)
That really shouldn't take that long, it takes me a couple of hours to back up and it takes me about as long to restore it. Then again 8 GB of RAM so... yeah. I didn't think it'd affect it that much.

This thing has 1/25th the processing power. I still have to go back and look through documents some time, but I am done for the day.