Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Sep 15, 2009 -> 07:51 AM)
Meh, it came on my new computer and I havent really hated it yet.

Same here. It works just fine for me, but I haven't used anything RAM heavy on it yet either. I am supposed to be getting an audio editing program soon for my new radio show, so that might change.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Sep 15, 2009 -> 07:51 AM)
Meh, it came on my new computer and I havent really hated it yet.

I hated it with a passion when I got it on a new computer, a year or two ago. It was utter garbage. Fortunately, they've fixed a lot, but more importantly, I followed about a dozen steps recommended out there on some MS Windows user sites to make it work better.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 15, 2009 -> 09:53 AM)
I hated it with a passion when I got it on a new computer, a year or two ago. It was utter garbage. Fortunately, they've fixed a lot, but more importantly, I followed about a dozen steps recommended out there on some MS Windows user sites to make it work better.

Thats what I hear people say, but honestly, I've been using it now for a couple months and I really don't see what the big deal is.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Sep 15, 2009 -> 08:54 AM)
Thats what I hear people say, but honestly, I've been using it now for a couple months and I really don't see what the big deal is.

It's a memory hog, things hang up, it takes forever to load. Anything else?

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Sep 15, 2009 -> 10:07 AM)
Havent had any problems so far, and it loads faster than XP did.

Before I had a fresh install, when I had a lot of programs installed, it used to take forever to boot up and shut down. Granted XP did too, it always does when you're loaded with programs, but Vista was ridiculous.

I really don't get the anti-Vista bandwagon either though. Then again I have a quad-core CPU and 8 GB of RAM so Vista has no problems with it.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 15, 2009 -> 12:58 PM)
Before I had a fresh install, when I had a lot of programs installed, it used to take forever to boot up and shut down. Granted XP did too, it always does when you're loaded with programs, but Vista was ridiculous.

I really don't get the anti-Vista bandwagon either though. Then again I have a quad-core CPU and 8 GB of RAM so Vista has no problems with it.

That's exactly what I have as well, so maybe the processor speed is why I've been fine.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Sep 15, 2009 -> 12:27 PM)
You pretty much have to have 4GB minimum to effectively run vista, and that's a pretty big issue for a lot of the computer population.

Could be why I've actually liked Vista. I've never run it on anything less than 4GB.

When all you've got is a college laptop, Vista is no good. Most standard laptops for college students will come with 1 or usually 2 gb of ram, which just isnt enough. And when your on a budget many people dont want to pay to upgrade or dont have the experience to install it themselves at a cheaper price.

Note: This statement is about laptops from a year or two ago, now higher ram is a standard to compensate for Vista.

Edited by bigruss22

So recently I got into contact on facebook with who was my best friend from about 4th grade to high school. I havent talked to him in probably 12 years and I am kinda thinkin from his FB page he is gay which surprises me a bit. I am not sure if he is and it doesnt really matter but we are supposed to hang out and I feel a little uncomfortable about it. Not that I think he would make a pass because that is stupid, but that he might feel uncomfortable cause I would pretty much make fun a gay people all the time when I was younger including my gay brother. I know it was bad, I grew up though and found out it was totally ridiculous to look at them in a bad way. Thanks to my brother. My rambling here makes me think maybe I am still a little homophobic...damnit.

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 11:25 AM)
So recently I got into contact on facebook with who was my best friend from about 4th grade to high school. I havent talked to him in probably 12 years and I am kinda thinkin from his FB page he is gay which surprises me a bit. I am not sure if he is and it doesnt really matter but we are supposed to hang out and I feel a little uncomfortable about it. Not that I think he would make a pass because that is stupid, but that he might feel uncomfortable cause I would pretty much make fun a gay people all the time when I was younger including my gay brother. I know it was bad, I grew up though and found out it was totally ridiculous to look at them in a bad way. Thanks to my brother. My rambling here makes me think maybe I am still a little homophobic...damnit.

Here are some good questions to ask when the time comes;

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2259326122

So, this risks falling into the "TMI" category, but my wife and me both woke up a few mins before the alarm this morning so we started having sex and about 5 minutes into it my 2-year old son woke up early and walks his happy ass into the room and climbs up in the bed with us. I was like WTF lil dude, why now?

Edited by lostfan