Sox vs Pads 3:05 CST

jasonxctf

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 02:39 PM)
The 25 man roster is set, Richard is the 2nd lefty out of the pen/long man.

what did he do to deserve that? one good start against ny and in the playoffs he did well in relief? jeez. just like wise. have a few decent games and u get a job.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 02:51 PM)
what did he do to deserve that? one good start against ny and in the playoffs he did well in relief? jeez. just like wise. have a few decent games and u get a job.

He was arguably the second best pitcher in the playoffs as well as a good minor leaguer......oh and he is young but around here that is just another reason to hate a player.

Clayton pitched well this ST with the exception of two particularly bad starts where he gave up 7 and 5 runs.

Obviously Cooper and Ozzie are happy with him, and the only concern is making sure he gets ahead of hitters and keeps the ball down...which is true of any pitcher in the big leagues, whether he's a rookie or Cliff Lee, who has one of the worst ST ERA's in all of the Cactus League.

When do we start the Geoff Jenkins in CF rumors? Of course, he has no ability whatsoever to play that position.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 02:51 PM)

I think it's been a foregone conclusion for some time now that Richard was going to make the roster.

The only question was whether he was going to be the 5th starter or in the bullpen.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 02:59 PM)
Clayton pitched well this ST with the exception of two particularly bad starts where he gave up 7 and 5 runs.

Obviously Cooper and Ozzie are happy with him, and the only concern is making sure he gets ahead of hitters and keeps the ball down...which is true of any pitcher in the big leagues, whether he's a rookie or Cliff Lee, who has one of the worst ST ERA's in all of the Cactus League.

I drafted a guy's fantasy team for him and took Lee in the second round not knowing what he was doing in the spring. Two picks laster I took Zambrano for myself......I like big Z.

I'd even take Jody Gerut in CF.

Ramirez with a VERY good play in the hole that nobody else in our organization could have made.

Looks like more fans were in Comiskey in 1987 than this game...wow, the stands are almost deserted.

Clayton strikes out one of the best hitters in the NL, he's going to be just fine in 2-3 inning bursts of time, but anything above and beyond that is far from guaranteed. We'll see...going to the bullpen first worked for Buehrle in 2000.

Edited by caulfield12

Wow...Quentin's not very fast, either. Can't believe he didn't beat that ball out somehow.

I think Ron Karkovice might have been standing at first on that one. Or Little Nick Punto or Ozuna would have head-first dove into the bag.

In a sign of the need for pitching in baseball, the Phillies, defending WS champions, are starting the season with Chan Ho Park as their #5 and Sidney Ponson is the #5 for the Royals. Pretty crazy how many opportunities Ponson has had, more than Bob Welch and Dwight Gooden.

Betemit looks visibly more comfortable at 3B than he does at SS.

Good sign for CR. Actually made a throw over to 1B accurately and picked Headley off...Konerko made the throw to Alisay to get the third out. Richard looks more relaxed after being assured a spot on the Opening Day roster and not like the last game out when he was pressing and trying too hard to impress Ozzie and Coop.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 01:15 PM)
Wow...Quentin's not very fast, either. Can't believe he didn't beat that ball out somehow.

I think Ron Karkovice might have been standing at first on that one. Or Little Nick Punto or Ozuna would have head-first dove into the bag.

In a sign of the need for pitching in baseball, the Phillies, defending WS champions, are starting the season with Chan Ho Park as their #5 and Sidney Ponson is the #5 for the Royals. Pretty crazy how many opportunities Ponson has had, more than Bob Welch and Dwight Gooden.

Betemit looks visibly more comfortable at 3B than he does at SS.

the middle of this order is so very, very slow

Bender with the information that Dye has the most homers of any MLB outfielder over the last four years.

That can't be right, can it? I think he meant RFers, or AL RFers....Manny Ramirez would have to have more HRers than JD?

137 during that time. Maybe that's right?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 03:23 PM)
Bender with the information that Dye has the most homers of any MLB outfielder over the last four years.

That can't be right, can it? I think he meant RFers, or AL RFers....Manny Ramirez would have to have more HRers than JD?

I think that is right fielders

QUOTE (Hawkfan @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 03:21 PM)
i can't believe thome got that close. what a class act

That's one thing I do appreciate about Wise and Getz. They're almost always hustling and trying to make things happen out there instead of being passive...it's nice to see that level of effort on a consistent basis, and you know Wise will never come close to taking his position on the team for granted like Jerry Owens seemed to coming into the spring.

By the way, who the heck was the player from the box score yesterday that has never been seen b4? He pinch hit and got one AB.

I think that's the first time I have ever seen the White Sox get Henry Blanco out in a game.

Ramirez with another high-wire act...throwing effortlessly against his body and getting the easy out from an akward position. He's looking really good out there today.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 09:23 PM)

Yah that stat gets talk about quite a bit, its nuts how he is sort of underrated. I was thinking vlad would have more in the last 4 years but not even close

QUOTE (Hawkfan @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 04:28 PM)
Yah that stat gets talk about quite a bit, its nuts how he is sort of underrated. I was thinking vlad would have more in the last 4 years but not even close

It shows you how good and how consistent Jermaine Dye has been for this offense for the past 4 seasons.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 03:30 PM)
It shows you how good and how consistent Jermaine Dye has been for this offense for the past 4 seasons.

When he is gone he will be the most underappreciated player in White Sox history. He is not pretty to watch all of the time but his numbers are pretty good seeing as he hits behind plodders.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 03:23 PM)

Manny has 135 in the last 4 years.

Dye... 137